• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHY do you believe?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Taught by parents?
Taught by friends?

Is there any REAL evidence to what you believe?
Most definitely not the religion of my parents, family and friends I grew up with. Belief has been a difficult and lonely road. Basically everything in my life is impermanent and subject to change. I identify with what I call 'The wandering monk without a temple.' I did conclude early on that everything I could possibly believe may be wrong. The only constant is change.

My foundation belief is a Universalist Philosophy (not UU) where all religions, belief systems, science, and philosophies are considered as they are in the context of the history of our physical and possible spiritual existence. Science is at the evolving foundation as the objective knowledge of our physical existence. Academic history is the evolving description of human existence over time. The religions and belief systems are considered in the context of their culture, history and time they originated. I belief this view is based on real evidence. This view accepts the sciences of evolution an contemporary physics and cosmology.

I am a Baha'i and everything there is in pencil, and as with all religions, and belief systems involving God and subjective spiritual realms it is not based on REAL objective evidence, but the evolution of the spiritual nature of humanity and Creation in harmony with our knowledge of the nature of our physical existence,

I have skeptical perspective of all subjective religions and belief systems including my own,

Last edited: