• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Does Being Diverse Make you Special?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'd love to see an Arab Muslim lesbian woman running the country, but not because I think Arab Muslim lesbian women are more qualified than any other group, but because it would show how far we have come as a culture where diversity is accepted.
Make her an atheistic Arab Libertarian trans-gender woman landscaper, & I'll vote with you for her.

otokage007

I bet if a straight guy walks into a room full of liberal humanists they will all be greeting him and being nice, small talking him, and if a gay guy walks into that room they will all be kissing his ***.

I never understood celebrating diversity or the black pride or gay pride thing, especially considering that us white, straight folks don't get any pride parades and a white history month.

Sure I respect blacks, gays, and women. I'm not racist, homophobic, or sexist. But that doesn't mean I think a black lesbian woman is a god.

White, straight pride day is everyday. Plus white straight buddies have never been discriminated, so there's no need for them to claim their rights.

And what makes some people "be kissing a gay's ***", is not the fact that the pal is gay, it's the fact that he has the guts of saying it on our intolerant society.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
White, straight pride day is everyday. Plus white straight buddies have never been discriminated....
Hah! I'm hardly a victim, but anti-white & anti-male discrimination is more prevalent than you think.
White contractors don't get any work in Detroit.
For a while at Ford, my father was ordered not to hire any white males.
At the University of Michigan, I was turned down for a reactor operator job because they were prohibited from hiring white males.
I could go on, but I'm boring & pedantic enuf already.

Last edited:

otokage007

Hah! I'm hardly a victim, but anti-white & anti-male discrimination is more prevalent than you think.
At the University of Michigan, I was turned down for a reactor operator job because they were prohibited from hiring white males.

Well, those little black antics, while still unacceptable, are nothing compared to the massive and worldwide discrimination and hate current against black people and gay people. When my mother was younger, it was common for her to see TV ads saying gays where ill and dangerous.

White people are still the dominant majority of this world, so it's not possible to discriminate them. Only minorities are susceptible to discrimination.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, those little black antics....
Now, don't blame black folk. Those sins were perpetrated by white folk.

White people are still the dominant majority of this world, so it's not possible to discriminate them. Only minorities are susceptible to discrimination.
I suppose that makes sense if you see people as groups rather than individuals.
I don't. I prefer that all individuals be treated fairly.

otokage007

I suppose that makes sense if you see people as groups rather than individuals. I don't. I prefer that all individuals be treated fairly.

Hm... Could you elaborate with an example? When u discriminate "someone", an individual, and not a group... what exactly do u discriminate? Because if u are discriminating his skin tone, or his sexuallity, u are actually discriminating huge groups of people.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hm... Could you elaborate with an example? When u discriminate "someone", an individual, and not a group...
Even though you say it's not possible to discriminate against white folk, I've seen first hand that it happens to individuals.
Even though whites as a whole fare better than blacks, that doesn't prevent the former being discriminated against, nor
does it prevent the latter individuals from receiving preferential treatment, & even discriminating against others. If one
looks only at groups, then one misses how individuals behave & are treated.

otokage007

Even though you say it's not possible to discriminate against white folk, I've seen first hand that it happens to individuals.
Even though whites as a whole fare better than blacks, that doesn't prevent the former being discriminated against, nor
does it prevent the latter individuals from receiving preferential treatment, & even discriminating against others. If one
looks only at groups, then one misses how individuals behave & are treated.

Sure, I get your point now. I agree.

Alceste

Vagabond

Hang on, I thought NOBODY could get any work in Detroit.

Mr. Skittles

I like how white people think multi-culturalism equals anti-white. Then again, those that do not acclimate to the standard of behavior is considered anti-white.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I like how white people think multi-culturalism equals anti-white. Then again, those that do not acclimate to the standard of behavior is considered anti-white.

Oh, I get exactly where you're coming from, Skittles.

Fortunately, not all white people hold to that view nor do all of them advocate against multiculturalism. But for a good number of very vocal people, having Black History Month or Kwanzaa as federally recognized is a direct threat to their privilege of having everything in history books and federal holidays be dominated strictly by the white Euro-centric.

It isn't an attack to point out what is obvious to racial and ethnic minorties.