• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does God hate Homosexuals and why did he create them?

Heneni

Miss Independent
I'm not dictating anything. I'm using what your religion teaches about him to make logical conclusions. If He is omnipotent, omniscient, benevolent and thought that homosexuality was a sin, then he wouldn't allow homosexuals to exist.

He could have killed satan the instant he rebelled too, but he didnt. Reaping what you sow, is far more effective than not allowing homosexuals to exist.

Heneni

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
He could have killed satan the instant he rebelled too, but he didnt. Reaping what you sow, is far more effective than not allowing homosexuals to exist.

Heneni

It's not about killing him. He could have reformed (and kept alive) Satan when he rebelled. I'm not sure what you're trying to say with the last sentence.

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
but your point still doens't hold. It seems ya'lls rational is if it makes people happy, and hurts no one, do it. This will still have consequences. It would make me happy to walk around naked all the time, it doesn't hurt anyone physically (except I may burn their retina's out), MAYBE psychologically. But the thought of two homosexuals hurts me psychologically too. I don't see a difference.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

Heneni
Thank you. I'm busy reaping what I sowed and enjoying a happy, productive, fulfilling life.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Hello autodidact and mball

Why dont you ask god yourself what he has against homosexuality instead of asking me, who you wont believe anyway.

But then...maybe you cant believe me, cause you cant believe him either.

This thread is not desputing the existance of god, it is about what he has against homosexuality.

If you dont think he exists, then why argue? My god says it is hurtfull. I dont think it is wise to argue against god.

If you cant see the hurt that it is doing, then you dont comprehend it, and then you believe that that which god is against, is actually good for you. Hence god gave them over to their own way of thinking.

Heneni

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
but your point still doens't hold. It seems ya'lls rational is if it makes people happy, and hurts no one, do it. This will still have consequences. It would make me happy to walk around naked all the time, it doesn't hurt anyone physically (except I may burn their retina's out), MAYBE psychologically. But the thought of two homosexuals hurts me psychologically too. I don't see a difference.

Your example could hurt people psychologically because of the nature of the human mind. Homosexuals doing what they do only hurts you psychologically because you choose to see something wrong with it. Nudists have their place too. There are places you can go in public and be naked. There are now starting to be places where homosexuals can go and get married.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation

Why dont you ask god yourself what he has against homosexuality instead of asking me, who you wont believe anyway.

This thread is not desputing the existance of god, it is about what he has against homosexuality.

If you dont think he exists, then why argue? My god says it is hurtfull. I dont think it is wise to argue against god.

If you cant see the hurt that it is doing, then you dont comprehend it, and then you believe that that which god is against, is actually good for you. Hence god gave them over to their own way of thinking.

Heneni

You're missing the point. If your God exists, he would not hate homosexuals, logically. The pieces don't fit together, as I tried to explain before.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

Because He doesn't exist.

Heneni
Well, if you want me to go along and talk about the God of the Bible then you're mistaken. He clearly has no issue with lesbianism, and it is questionable whether He has a problem with male homosexuality.

So if I'm miserable, it's my fault. And if I'm not, then I don't understand that I'm actually miserable? Got a nice reality-shield going there.

I'll turn the tables on you. You're miserable. If you think you're not, it's because your false God has chosen to delude you so you don't comprehend that you're actually miserable.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
There is a time to sow and a time to reap.

Your reaping hasnt come yet. it will.

Heneni
Well I'm rather old, so it doesn't have much longer to go. Unless you mean after I die? If so I'm not going to worry about it, since I'm pretty sure you have no more information about what's going to happen after I die than I do.

So that's another piece of your reality-shield then. If a gay person happens to be happy, productive and fulfilled, then you just assume that at some point they're going to become miserable. What about all the miserable heterosexual Christians; how do you disregard them in your little story?

Same for you: If you're not miserable now, not only are you deluded, but I'm sure you're going to be.

Heneni

Miss Independent
You're missing the point. If your God exists, he would not hate homosexuals, logically. The pieces don't fit together, as I tried to explain before.

The pieces dont fit together because you logically dont believe in that god exists.

Because He doesn't exist.

Well, if you want me to go along and talk about the God of the Bible then you're mistaken. He clearly has no issue with lesbianism, and it is questionable whether He has a problem with male homosexuality.

So if I'm miserable, it's my fault. And if I'm not, then I don't understand that I'm actually miserable? Got a nice reality-shield going there.

I'll turn the tables on you. You're miserable. If you think you're not, it's because your false God has chosen to delude you so you don't comprehend that you're actually miserable.

Blessed are those that mourn for they shall be comforted. SHALL be. You find you comfort in this world now. I dont, though i am reasonalbly happy here. You try so hard to make me believe you are happy. Why is that?

Well I'm rather old, so it doesn't have much longer to go. Unless you mean after I die? If so I'm not going to worry about it, since I'm pretty sure you have no more information about what's going to happen after I die than I do.

So that's another piece of your reality-shield then. If a gay person happens to be happy, productive and fulfilled, then you just assume that at some point they're going to become miserable. What about all the miserable heterosexual Christians; how do you disregard them in your little story?

Same for you: If you're not miserable now, not only are you deluded, but I'm sure you're going to be.

If i am deluded, then you have nothing to worry about. But you seem to take serious offense against anyone that is not condoning your lifestyle. Perhaps you are trying to make me believe you are happy, when in fact you are not so sure about it either. I can safely say that this world is not my home, and that my heart isnt here. You have far more to loose if i am right, than if i am wrong. And i have nothing to loose if you are right.

Heneni

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
The pieces dont fit together because you logically dont believe in that god exists.
Well yes, but even if He does, the whole system isn't internally consistent, either.

Blessed are those that mourn for they shall be comforted. SHALL be. You find you comfort in this world now. I dont, though i am reasonalbly happy here. You try so hard to make me believe you are happy. Why is that?
Brace yourself; it's because I am.

If i am deluded, then you have nothing to worry about.
That's right, as long as you make sure not to vote.
But you seem to take serious offense against anyone that is not condoning your lifestyle.
It's really not up to you to condone my way of life or not, just to respect my right to live it.
Perhaps you are trying to make me believe you are happy, when in fact you are not so sure about it either. I can safely say that this world is not my home, and that my heart isnt here. You have far more to loose if i am right, than if i am wrong. And i have nothing to loose if you are right.
Increase reality-shield to full capacity! Aaahoogah! This world is my home, and my heart is here. Well, if you're wrong and nawab is right, you have eternity to lose. I'm not worried about either threat, frankly. The possibility of either of you being right is to tiny it doesn't bother me. And, since you are sacrificing this life for a hypothetical afterlife, if you are wrong and I'm right, you've already lost everything there is to lose. I prefer to focus on this life, the only one that any of us knows for certain we have.

Heneni[/quote]

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
ahhh, so now religion is a "waste of life"?

If you're wrong, then yes. Just like if we're wrong, some say we'll go to Hell. If you do all of these things, and hate certain people because your God says to, and it turns out God doesn't exist, then I'd say you wasted a lot of time.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Well, if your beliefs turn out to be false then you wanted 10% of your income and every Sunday morning, at a minimum.

This is in response to a post from Heneni stating that s/he does not care for this world, but the next. If you base your life decisions on what will be best in a mythical afterlife, you may cheat yourself out of decisions that would be better suited for your actual life, which I believe is the only one you get.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
If it would make me happy to have sex with a cow, should I be allowed?

I'm not comparing homosexuality to bestiality, mind you.
What we are discussing is a relationship between consenting adults. Your questions about cows, or minors, or minor cows are not relevant to the topic at hand. Such comments only demonstrate that you do not understand what you are talking about.

Clearly you don’t understand. Let me try to explain it to you for the third time. The discomfort you feel is not caused by homosexuality, it is caused by your own mind. I do believe we should try to have compassion for people who cause themselves this kind of harm, but we cannot let them tell us how to live our lives.

Obviously if I were to tell you that your marriage caused me psychological harm you would not change your life based on this. If I am wrong about that please correct me. But if I am right and you would not allow someone else’s strange psychological hang ups dictate how you live your life, how can you expect others to live their lives based on the psychological harm you choose to cause youself.

Smoke

Done here.
It certainly can be, and if someone has devoted himself to religion in expectation of rewards that he will never get, I'd call that a waste. If I spend my life cutting letters out of magazine ads because it pleases me to do so, that's one thing, but if I do it expecting to make millions by selling them to kidnappers, that's quite another.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Well, if your beliefs turn out to be false then you wanted 10% of your income and every Sunday morning, at a minimum.

This is in response to a post from Heneni stating that s/he does not care for this world, but the next. If you base your life decisions on what will be best in a mythical afterlife, you may cheat yourself out of decisions that would be better suited for your actual life, which I believe is the only one you get.

LOL...you must be joking! I life my life to the full, i dont sit around and wait for the end. I dont waste my time on god either. I DONT consider it a waste of time. You consider knowing the god of the universe as a waste of time? No wonder you have to look for fullfillment in all sorts of other ways! If i die and there is no god, then i will still die just like you, no loss to me. The dead cant cry. If i die, and i go to heaven, and you stay here, and keep on coming back here until you have reaped what you have sown, then im far better off. Its better to believe in god now, than having to go through, what you must, to get the fact! My actions today determine my eternal outcome. Your actions today YOU THINK determines your quality of life only while you live. Well you are in for a surprise then arent you!

You keep dreaming that god does not exist. You can slice it this way, that way, turn it upside down, shake it loose...but god wont go away just because you want him too! If you close your eyes and try really hard, all the children of god might dissapear too. They must be a nagging bothersome bunch to you. I mean all these deluded children of god,must seem pathetic! A bunch of loosers believing in a myth. All have mental illness and have some sort of personal problems. Great...but when you look god in the eye oneday..you wont have so much to say. And if you do, id love to be there to hear you outsmart god! Do you really think there isnt ONE atheist who havent turned towards god and found him! You have too many witnesses that can testify against you regarding their ability to believe in god, and they believe with much less info than you already have.
Heneni