• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does God hate Homosexuals and why did he create them?

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
Sexual preference is not a choice for everyone. If you're saying that people can choose who they sleep with, you're right. But why should someone choose to sleep with someone they don't want to? People should live happy, and if that means following their hearts and sleeping with people of the same gender, then there's nothing wrong with that. They could choose not to, but then they'd be lying to themselves and everyone else, and only making themselves unhappy for no reason.

If it would make me happy to have sex with a cow, should I be allowed?

I'm not comparing homosexuality to bestiality, mind you.

Heneni

Miss Independent
The difference is that I'm not omnipotent or omniscient. I will do all I can to raise my kids right, and "make them into good people", but I only have so much power over such things. It is not within my power to make them good or bad. It is well within God's power to make us one way or the other. He is then responsible. God has the ability ot make the world whatever he wants, so it being the way it is, is something he's responsible for. All I can do is make a baby, and use my influence on it, and hope for the best.
quote]

Hang on a minute...you can not comment on what god is like, since you dont believe he exists. You cant say what he is responsible for since you dont know him. Is he responsible for your lack of belief too. LOL. We always want someone else to take responsibility dont we? Especially when we realise that our own choices are not going to work out for us.

God created humans. With free will. You are responsible for your actions not god.

Heneni

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
If it would make me happy to have sex with a cow, should I be allowed?

I'm not comparing homosexuality to bestiality, mind you.

You're not? It sure seems like you're comparing them to me. No, yuo shouldn't be able to, because the cow has no say in it, just like you shouldn't be able to have sex with a minor.

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
You're not? It sure seems like you're comparing them to me. No, yuo shouldn't be able to, because the cow has no say in it, just like you shouldn't be able to have sex with a minor.

But a minor could still have a say in it. By your point, if it makes the person happy, why not do it? And no, I'm using a comparison to make a point.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
The difference is that I'm not omnipotent or omniscient. I will do all I can to raise my kids right, and "make them into good people", but I only have so much power over such things. It is not within my power to make them good or bad. It is well within God's power to make us one way or the other. He is then responsible. God has the ability ot make the world whatever he wants, so it being the way it is, is something he's responsible for. All I can do is make a baby, and use my influence on it, and hope for the best.
quote]

Hang on a minute...you can not comment on what god is like, since you dont believe he exists. You cant say what he is responsible for since you dont know him. Is he responsible for your lack of belief too. LOL. We always want someone else to take responsibility dont we? Especially when we realise that our own choices are not going to work out for us.

God created humans. With free will. You are responsible for your actions not god.

Heneni

Is your God omnipotent and omniscient?

I can comment on what your God is like because people who do believe in him tell me what he is like, and they tell me that he is omnipotent and omniscient. If that's not how you view him, then that's another story.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Sexual preference is not a choice for everyone. If you're saying that people can choose who they sleep with, you're right. But why should someone choose to sleep with someone they don't want to? People should live happy, and if that means following their hearts and sleeping with people of the same gender, then there's nothing wrong with that. They could choose not to, but then they'd be lying to themselves and everyone else, and only making themselves unhappy for no reason.

It might make some people happy to sleep with the same sex, only is as much as it makes them happy to follow their free will. What they want, is what they think they should get, and they think it is good for them too. It is common knowlegde that humans are able to make choices that are not good for them, but it still makes them happy to get what they want regardless.

You say that sexual preference is not a choice for everyone....that is like saying some people dont have free will. Im afraid that you are wrong.

Heneni

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
But a minor could still have a say in it. By your point, if it makes the person happy, why not do it? And no, I'm using a comparison to make a point.

The idea is that the minor can't speak for him/herself, that he or she is not competent enough to make that decision for him/herself. Kind of like an animal is not competent enough to make that decision. So, by using the comparison, aren't you comparing them? I knew I should have qualified for you. If it makes you happy and doesn't harm anyone else, then do it. Your example might harm the animal. Two consenting adults having sex hurts no one, as long as they aren't married.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
It might make some people happy to sleep with the same sex, only is as much as it makes them happy to follow their free will. What they want, is what they think they should get, and they think it is good for them too. It is common knowlegde that humans are able to make choices that are not good for them, but it still makes them happy to get what they want regardless.

You say that sexual preference is not a choice for everyone....that is like saying some people dont have free will. Im afraid that you are wrong.

Heneni

Homosexuality is not bad for them. There is no harm to the homosexuals.

It is not like saying some people don't have free will. They can choose what they want as much as you choose to be heterosexual. Them choosing not to practice homosexuality is no different from you choosing not to practice heterosexuality. You can both do it, but you'll be less happy with your life for no good reason.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Hello Mball

My god does not allow anyone to dictate to him how he should use his powers.Refraining from telling him what he should do with those powers is called wisdom. Humans can barely cope with free will without destroying themselves, so lets not get into telling god what he should be like or what he should do with his will or with who he is. Why dont you find out for yourself what god is like, that way you can experience it first hand, and not have to rely on second hand info.

Heneni

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I replied to a Muslism, so i didnt have to prove my creditbility if HE/She will know where to find the answers.
Actually you replied to the entire thread and everyone in it. It's not a matter of proving your credibility so much as not utterly destroying it.

When i speak to you then i have to protect my creditbility.I didnt replied i was talking to Feather and the avatar says Muslims but to you i never said anything like that.
so stop making fuss out little things
Well I don't really consider a threat based on primitive superstitions to be a little thing, but it's your religion so I'm sure you know better.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
You left out an important part--if it makes two people happy, and harms no one else. In general, actions that improve the total level of happiness in the world and cause no one suffering are morally positive. That includes homosexual love.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Hello Mball

My god does not allow anyone to dictate to him how he should use his powers.Refraining from telling him what he should do with those powers is called wisdom. Humans can barely cope with free will without destroying themselves, so lets not get into telling god what he should be like or what he should do with his will or with who he is. Why dont you find out for yourself what god is like, that way you can experience it first hand, and not have to rely on second hand info.

Heneni

I'm not dictating anything. I'm using what your religion teaches about him to make logical conclusions. If He is omnipotent, omniscient, benevolent and thought that homosexuality was a sin, then he wouldn't allow homosexuals to exist.

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
ok, so now I am understanding. It takes two. So, what if TWO people want to have sex with animals? Is it then ok? It harms no other human.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Homosexuality is not bad for them. There is no harm to the homosexuals.

It is not like saying some people don't have free will. They can choose what they want as much as you choose to be heterosexual. Them choosing not to practice homosexuality is no different from you choosing not to practice heterosexuality. You can both do it, but you'll be less happy with your life for no good reason.

Um...even if I am heterosexual, i could choose to have sex with a women. Sexual preferences is a choice. Spurred on by what we call lust. Lust will make you believe you can have sex with just about anything you want to. I dont think that god is particularly interested in having us have all our lusts satisfied. Even if you are a heterosexual, sexual sin is still wrong. The reason god is against it, is because it causes harm to ourselves. And as ive said, if you like harm to come to you, then that would be a bit of a debased argument. I choose to believe god when it comes to these matters, if he says it is not good for us, it isnt. Why argue with god? Is there anyone smarter?

Heneni

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
ok, so now I am understanding. It takes two. So, what if TWO people want to have sex with animals? Is it then ok? It harms no other human.
You're being unusually hard-headed here. Let's talk about consent, and the ability to consent. Does that clarify it for you at all?

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation

I would hope you're joking, but I'll respond as if you're serious. Every person, or animal, involved in the act of sex needs to be consenting. If there are ten people involved, then all ten have to be of sound mature mind and consenting. And your example still harms one, the one being an animal. Ever heard of animal cruelty?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Um...even if I am heterosexual, i could choose to have sex with a women. Sexual preferences is a choice. Spurred on by what we call lust. Lust will make you believe you can have sex with just about anything you want to. I dont think that god is particularly interested in having us have all our lusts satisfied. Even if you are a heterosexual, sexual sin is still wrong. The reason god is against it, is because it causes harm to ourselves. And as ive said, if you like harm to come to you, then that would be a bit of a debased argument. I choose to believe god when it comes to these matters, if he says it is not good for us, it isnt. Why argue with god? Is there anyone smarter?

Heneni
Assuming that:
(1) There is any such thing.
(2) You know who She is.
(3) You know Her views on the matter.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation

Heneni

It does not cause harm to ourselves. The point is would you be happy as a homosexual? Would choosing to sleep with women make your life happier or sadder? I assume it would make it sadder for you, the same way it would be sadder for a homosexual to choose to sleep with people of the opposite gender. I'm not arguing with God, I'm arguing with you. You choose to believe what others have told you that God says, and that's not good enough for me.