• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does God hate Homosexuals and why did he create them?

Ashley-Yin

Im a happy little Lesbian
i do not believe that the creator of the universe, the spiritual and physical worlds above, below and beyond our current senses and comprehensions, and all things held within them, gives a damn about people's sexuality, either in the sense of sexual attraction or sexual acts.

i agree lol

Tau

Homosexuality is not harming society in any way, therefore it is not a problem.

Only those who have a problem are the problem.

kdrier

Revolutionist
Well, christians follow the bible, and in the bible it says all homosexuals are going to hell. I don't think christians want to go to hell. Why do they believe he created them? who knows, maybe he enabled them to be created through society and evolution.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
God created nature and everything in nature. I don't believe gays have a choice to turn straight, just as I don't have the option to be gay. You can't help who or what you're attracted to. I believe homosexuality is a genetic defect, and I believe when god created nature, it also gave genetics the ability to evolve and change. I don't mind gay people. I don't like the ones that are really flamboyant and act overly feminine (like the ones on television especially, ugh wth), and I don't think they should have kids, it's just not right for their mental health.

Would you care to debate this question with a well-informed lesbian mother of three? I think you will find that you are mistaken.

texan1

Why is it that so many Christians latch on to the whole "homosexuality is an abomination" idea? There are many things in the Old Testament that have been disregarded, like the fact that slavery seemed to be acceptable, women must be subservient to men, people should be stoned to death for adultery, etc, etc. But Christians still hold on to this one. It's weird to me. You'd think there would be a whole book in the Bible dedicated to it, but that is not the case. Homosexuality is not even mentioned in the 10 commandments or in Jesus' Sermon on the Mount. Why does it hold so much importance for some Christians today? That's part of the reason I feel like God, if there is one, doesn't have a problem with homosexuality. The main problem is that some Christians just can't stand the thought of two guys kissing.:)

Super Universe

Defender of God
If God hates Homosexuals why did he create them?

Ancient priests had great power in their times. They were respected and very wealthy. When an unknown event happened the people looked to the priest to explain it.

Sometimes the priest said "God is angry at you people because you have not given an animal sacrifice!" So the people would slaughter an animal. Then the priests wrote into their books that the animal sacrifice should be done on the steps of the temple so that God knew it was for "Him". And they also wrote that the sacrifice should be the best of the flock. Essentially this provided the priests with free food as they had their altar boys prepare the animal.

Other times the priests would target those who were undesirable. They would say "God is angry because of the homosexuals in your midst!" So the people would turn against the homosexuals.

God does not get angry at anything. If He did, it would not exist. It wouldn't take a flood or a fireball from the sky. It wouldn't even take a second.

God created the universe His way, not the popes. One day, maybe, a pope will figure that out but the real question is this, if a pope does figure it out, will he give up all of his power?

Would you?

Super Universe

Defender of God
God created nature and everything in nature. I don't believe gays have a choice to turn straight, just as I don't have the option to be gay. You can't help who or what you're attracted to. I believe homosexuality is a genetic defect, and I believe when god created nature, it also gave genetics the ability to evolve and change. I don't mind gay people. I don't like the ones that are really flamboyant and act overly feminine (like the ones on television especially, ugh wth), and I don't think they should have kids, it's just not right for their mental health.

It's not a genetic defect. Think of it this way, what would happen if a female soul joined with a body that was male?

You think that life isn't supposed to be that way but you don't make the rules. The universe is a place of great wonder and mystery. It does what it wants, not what you think it should.

kdrier

Revolutionist
It's not a genetic defect. Think of it this way, what would happen if a female soul joined with a body that was male?

Good point, but does our soul have a gender, or is it moreso a set mentality traits that is typical to each gender? The only thing that is certainly different in a male and female is obviously their genitals, which is nothing more than a physical difference. Of course your mental differences typically include females being more emotional and passive, while males are usually more aggressive and logical (obviously there is a lot more to it and grey areas, the whole balance of life thing) I don't believe one is better than the other, the typical male and female mentality compliments eachother very well.

A common question you will hear people ask is, "does it matter what your partner looks like?" or "would you prefer personality or looks?" So does your mentality traits play a role in who you are attracted to? I think so. One thing I like about my girlfriend is that she is passive, in fact, I'm not attracted to aggressive women at all, it's a major turn off for me. I have an aggressive personality, and I can't help but wonder, if most women were aggressive, would I still be attracted to them?

Does our genetics play a role in our type of mentality? sure. Does enviroment, influences, and things of that nature influence our type of mentality? sure.

You think that life isn't supposed to be that way but you don't make the rules. The universe is a place of great wonder and mystery. It does what it wants, not what you think it should.

Life is what it is, for better or worse. I know nature is going to do what it wants, and obviously so are the people within in... no matter what the negative effects (obvious or not) of their actions might include.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I don't think they should have kids, it's just not right for their mental health.
kdrier: It is demonstrably false that being raised by lesbian parents is bad for children's mental health. If you will not support your slander, please withdraw it. Thank you.

If you do support it, please use actual psychological research, not the lies of the Family Research Council and NARTH. In particular, Paul Cameron has been censured for lying and falsifying results, so please do not be so irresponsible as to spread his lies. Thank you again.

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
kdrier: It is demonstrably false that being raised by lesbian parents is bad for children's mental health. If you will not support your slander, please withdraw it. Thank you.

If you do support it, please use actual psychological research, not the lies of the Family Research Council and NARTH. In particular, Paul Cameron has been censured for lying and falsifying results, so please do not be so irresponsible as to spread his lies. Thank you again.

Anyone feel a case of deja vu coming on? :sarcastic

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Anyone feel a case of deja vu coming on? :sarcastic
It's sad how one has to refute the same lies over and over. I only wish it weren't necessary.

Believe me, rheff, if people went around posting that people can be Catholic if they want, as long as they don't try to raise children, you'd be taking issue too. In fact, I think it's shameful that no one who is NOT a gay parent had the integrity to challenge this libel. Bigotry is wrong, and people with morals stand up and challenge it.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
It's sad how one has to refute the same lies over and over. I only wish it weren't necessary.

Believe me, rheff, if people went around posting that people can be Catholic if they want, as long as they don't try to raise children, you'd be taking issue too. In fact, I think it's shameful that no one who is NOT a gay parent had the integrity to challenge this libel. Bigotry is wrong, and people with morals stand up and challenge it.

I almost did challenge it, Auto. I just didn't feel like getting into it here. I've gotten into several arguments lately that went nowhere but down, and I had the feeling this would only go there too, and I didn't feel like wasting my time. It is a ridiculous statement, though, and I hope you are able to convince him of that.

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.

Auto, seriously, I wasn't challenging you (not this time). I was just making a joke. I know how you feel. STOP yelling at me!!! :sad4:

kdrier

Revolutionist
Auto, although I believe it, I will remove it for the sake of the thread.

Having kids isn't good for anybody's mental health.

haha, I agree midnight, I don't plan on having kids till I'm like 30 or 40.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Well, I appreciate the thought, k, but as I often say, it's really about the truth. What you said is false, as well as bigoted. You may believe it, but you have no basis to do so. At least please don't repeat falsehoods like that where such prejudice can spread, and especially not to children. Thank you.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
In fact, I think it's shameful that no one who is NOT a gay parent had the integrity to challenge this libel. Bigotry is wrong, and people with morals stand up and challenge it.
Really?
No one?
No one at all?

Perhaps you meant in this thread...?