• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does God hate Homosexuals and why did he create them?

uss_bigd

I don't know which god you are referring to. My God does not hate homosexuals, as a matter of fact he wants everyone to be saved.

1 Timothy 2:4

who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

(so, there is a truth)

Here is the truth:

1 Corinthians 6:9
Don't you know that evil people won't have a share in the blessings of God's kingdom? Don't fool yourselves! No one who is immoral or worships idols or is unfaithful in marriage or is a pervert or behaves like a homosexual

My God does not hate the homosexuals person, but there behavior.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Here is the truth:

Don't you know that evil people won't have a share in the blessings of God's kingdom? Don't fool yourselves! No one who is immoral or worships idols or is unfaithful in marriage or is a pervert or behaves like a homosexual

I know I shouldn't, but...Then, why does your God hate their behavior?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
It goes against nature
Nope.
Wrong again.
Homosexuality is observed all throughout nature.
Fact is you do not know know why God declares homosexual acts an abomination because the Bible never reveals the why of it.
So at best, this false information is the construct of man.

let me guess, your next question is:

Why did he create them that way then? read 1:18-35, it is more of a result of People's refusal to follow God!
you will need to explain how it is that the verses you cite apply to the discussion at hand.

uss_bigd

Nope.
Wrong again.
Homosexuality is observed all throughout nature.
Fact is you do not know know why God declares homosexual acts an abomination because the Bible never reveals the why of it.
So at best, this false information is the construct of man.

the nature of human phisiology will say there are only two sexes. male and female.

studies indicate that homosexuality is a result of a "screw up between" x and y chromosomes.

you will need to explain how it is that the verses you cite apply to the discussion at hand.

read it first

McBell

Admiral Obvious
the nature of human phisiology will say there are only two sexes. male and female.
Who has said otherwise?
Not me.

studies indicate that homosexuality is a result of a "screw up between" x and y chromosomes.
LOL
This just furthers the point that it is natural.
Though I have yet to see a legitimate peer reviewed paper that makes any such claim.
Could you share your source please?

read it first
I have read it.
Twice, yet it does not seem to me to support his claims.
perhaps if I knew which version to read it from......

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Here is the truth:

right, so just as long as gays subject themselves to suppressive moral laws, so long as gays suppress the emotions God gave them, they are ok.

setting such a harsh limit on homosexuality, telling them to suppress their passion and love and lust for other men or women, which is perfectly natural, and then condemning them when they break that limitation is cruel and malicious. if god really "does not hate the homosexual, just their behavior", then God has set them up to fail, making God the biggest (insert expletive) in the universe.

Tau

Don't waste time arguing with a bigot, their logic is not driven by reason, but by suspect psychological motivations or complete ignorance, frequently the former in my experience.
Therefore reason will have little effect, may I suggest the application of a firm rubber mallet for the hard of hearing?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

Really? I'm fascinated. Can you cite these studies please?

uss_bigd

right, so just as long as gays subject themselves to suppressive moral laws, so long as gays suppress the emotions God gave them, they are ok.

setting such a harsh limit on homosexuality, telling them to suppress their passion and love and lust for other men or women, which is perfectly natural, and then condemning them when they break that limitation is cruel and malicious. if god really "does not hate the homosexual, just their behavior", then God has set them up to fail, making God the biggest (insert expletive) in the universe.

This an excerpt from: Can a Homosexual Make it to Heaven? « Eliseo Soriano

There are decent and God-fearing homosexuals. Although, naturally, they have affection for men, but they practice self-control to obey God’s law!

(Titus 2:11-12) “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live selfcontrolled, upright and godly lives in this present age…”

Biblical doctrine states that homosexuals can/will make it to heaven, specially you have God's grace.

uss_bigd

Who has said otherwise?
Not me.

you said homosexuality was natural

LOL
Though I have yet to see a legitimate peer reviewed paper that makes any such claim.

screw up is slang for it deviated from normal, or something went wrong. at least thats how i meant it.:D

I have read it.

It says people lusts brought them to do the un natural...

replies in pink

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Who has said otherwise?
Not me.
you said homosexuality was natural
Now you are making no sense.
homosexuals are either male or female.
Except the extremely few hermaphroditic exceptions.

LOL
screw up is slang for it deviated from normal, or something went wrong. at least thats how i meant it.:D
Not sharing the source even after being flat out asked does not help your position any.

read it first
I have read it.
It says people lusts brought them to do the un natural...
Yet no where in the Bible does it explain/declare/state that homosexuality is un-natural.

This is nothing more than you forcing your beliefs into the Bible.

uss_bigd

Now you are making no sense.
homosexuals are either male or female.
Except the extremely few hermaphroditic exceptions.

see post #65

Not sharing the source even after being flat out asked does not help your position any.

see the previous post for auto and mike, you can click on it too, don't be shy

Yet no where in the Bible does it explain/declare/state that homosexuality is un-natural.

I think we were originally talking about the behavior, anyway it goes both way.

Romans 1:26-27

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

This is nothing more than you forcing your beliefs into the Bible.

what do you have against me?