• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Does Religion Exist

Why does religion exist

• 1-Superstition

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • 2-Tool of control

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • 3-To convey valuable life lessons

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • 4-Profound truth

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • 5-Other

Votes: 30 68.2%

• Total voters

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Why does religion exist? My answer is because the human psyche cannot be wholly contained within our everyday environment (unless you practice extreme and continual mindfulness-and that can take a lot of effort.)

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The elements were not yet in existence when the Big Bang began.
Before the Big Bang began God's spirit existed - Isaiah 40:26; Psalm 104:30
In other words, God's Power and Strength supplied the abundantly needed dynamic energy needed to create the material realm of existence.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
No I’m simply making an observation and what you said would be correct.
Nobody can know for certain until they are dead.
Good that means people can’t claim there is no God and be credible then.
Since the dead are dead and know nothing then the dead can't know - Ecclesiastes 9:5; Psalm 115:17; Isaiah 38:18
Even in the Bible human Adam was a created mortal.
At death mortal dead Adam simply 'returned' back to where Adam started the dust of the ground - Genesis 2:17
A person can't go back returning to a place he never was before.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Before the Big Bang began God's spirit existed - Isaiah 40:26; Psalm 104:30
In other words, God's Power and Strength supplied the abundantly needed dynamic energy needed to create the material realm of existence.
Science says absolutely nothing about "before" the Big Bang. In fact the question itself doesn't really fit, since time only came into existence with the Big Bang.

No passage from ANY religious text carries any authority about scientific realities.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Why does religion exist? My answer is because the human psyche cannot be wholly contained within our everyday environment (unless you practice extreme and continual mindfulness-and that can take a lot of effort.)
Then, how does one explain a devout atheist with No religion _____________
Of course, some people look in a mirror and see their god, but is that religion of just worship of self ________

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Then, how does one explain a devout atheist with No religion _____________
Of course, some people look in a mirror and see their god, but is that religion of just worship of self ________
My friend, I think you would do well to work on becoming a better listener. I personally believe in God, but I think the atheists in here do a marvelous job of explaining why they are atheists, and why morality and good character is still important to them. All we need to do is listen with the intent to understand.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Here are a few reasons you may or may not agree with.

1-Religion is a holdover of superstition from a time with limited scientific knowledge that we have since grow out of so it no longer has any value in our lives.

2-Religion is a tool is a tool that was and can be used to control the masses.

3-Religion contains valuable lessons like fables to aid people in their journey through life.

4-Religion is a profound truth that if understood leads one to a correct understanding of reality/the universe.

5-Other. A different reason for why religion exists which doesn't fit into any of the above. Please explain.
I believe superstitions occur all the time and science has its share. That doesn't mean that all of religion is superstitious or that all of science is superstitious.