• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why doesnt god kill Satan?

"God and Satan" have nothing (in particular) to do with Good or Evil or Lightness or Darkness anyway.

If you would consult a Christian or a Muslim, they would probably be shocked with this statement. Many Christians assume that God is completely good, and that Satan is completely evil. It depends on who you ask.

blackout

Violet.
"God and Satan" have nothing (in particular) to do with Good or Evil or Lightness or Darkness anyway.

Unless that is your own particular illumination of the unknown/mystery... etc etc....

If you would consult a Christian or a Muslim, they would probably be shocked with this statement. Many Christians assume that God is completely good, and that Satan is completely evil. It depends on who you ask.

Yet you intentionally? left out the UNLESS clause of my post.

Unless that is your own particular illumination of the unknown/mystery... etc etc....

Orias

Left Hand Path

You will find that most of us think on more realistic terms...obviously if 'God' 'created' Satan then there must be some form of malignance with 'God's' irrational head.

Too many times have I heard that 'God is almighty, God is good, God is righteous, God created everything.' People exclude the fact that God must of also created evil.

It's all a big fallacy.

Stated in the Satanic bible, the best way to manipulate and control a mass is with confusing and unclear doctrines, but to make the doctrines seem clear and not confusing.

In my eyes, all things are 'evil', as all things consist of a Satanic nature :D

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You will find that must of us think on more realistic terms...obviously if 'God' 'created' Satan then there must be some form of malignance with 'God's' irrational head.

Too many times have I heard that 'God is almighty, God is good, God is righteous, God created everything.' People exclude the fact that God must of also created evil.

It's all a big fallacy.

Stated in the Satanic bible, the best way to manipulate and control a mass is with confusing and unclear doctrines, but to make the doctrines seem clear and not confusing.

There is report of God changing His mind about doing evil.
He did repent...He did refrain.

Why doesn't God kill Satan?...all in good time...all in good time.

God and Satan are nothing more than concepts.

Perhaps. But if you'd like, I could even say probably. As far as reality goes, beings such as this may exist, although it probably isn't in the way that humans believe them to be, although perhaps a few god concepts may be very accurate. Nevertheless, god concepts not based on real knowledge are only concepts, even if they represent reality very well. Still, its possible that some hermit in the forests is communicating with a being who has introduced himself as God, and may have even told the hermit that Jesus really was his son.

blackout

Violet.
Whatever YOU LABEL as god, IS god... for you.

By definiton of your own label "god".

Whatever vison YOU have of god
will be "god" for you.

(This includes the hermit in the forest)

Yet you intentionally? left out the UNLESS clause of my post.

I understood what you meant. I thought it was too big of an unless. What do you think, do the majority of people on our world that believe in a god also assume he is good? As for satan, I know that some people dont view him as a physical being, but as something like the dark part of human nature.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Perhaps. But if you'd like, I could even say probably. As far as reality goes, beings such as this may exist, although it probably isn't in the way that humans believe them to be, although perhaps a few god concepts may be very accurate. Nevertheless, god concepts not based on real knowledge are only concepts, even if they represent reality very well. Still, its possible that some hermit in the forests is communicating with a being who has introduced himself as God, and may have even told the hermit that Jesus really was his son.

It's also possible the prophets were just people with down syndrom who discovered their conscience.

Hmm...all men are created equal? Because I am not strong enough to live on my own :(

Boo friggen hoo!!

blackout

Violet.
I understood what you meant. I thought it was too big of an unless. What do you think, do the majority of people on our world that believe in a god also assume he is good? As for satan, I know that some people dont view him as a physical being, but as something like the dark part of human nature.

The majority of people on our world believe and assume lots of things. :shrug:

I am not a "majority" of people.
I am me.

The closest I can come to a god concept really
is that ALL THINGS are god.
ie... every thing/every potential thing
is god.
Panthiest? Panenthiest?

In this sense god is both good and evil.
(and everything else.....)

Last edited:

You will find that most of us think on more realistic terms....

Who is us?

obviously if 'God' 'created' Satan then there must be some form of malignance with 'God's' irrational head.

It's all a big fallacy.

Some god concepts and associated realities, such as evil, don't make much sense to me either. Particularly the more complex they become. It seems that the more variables and knowledge a person discovers, the less reasonable many of these concepts become. So it can be that at the point where a man becomes a true Christian master, his faith may also leave him, because he may come to a belief that his beliefs are completely absurd.

What is your version of the satanic nature?

Orias

Left Hand Path

I am glad you brought up that part.

Most people are not educated enough to know of and what being LHP is (which consists of Satan).

It's a bigger thing than most people care to comprehend simply because most people were raised (forced) in believing in God.

Be a good boy/girl and give the Church that you hate money so you can go to Heaven! :D Because if you don't help the poor Church out, you will burn in ever lasting Hell!!!!!

I have become used to Christian antics, (not saying you are) and it gets rather silly now...people need to realize hate is a natural emotion.

And those whom hate, have reason to (mostly because of utter idiocy). I hate the Church for one reason, it deceives and manipulates mass. I give it credit for one thing, it is smart enough to fool most people. That must also be why I hate most people too...I guess you could say I am on the edge of being a misanthrope.

Do you really think the higher ups believe in God?

Or do you think they play the role of 'God' and tell you what he says with their own words.

Last edited:

I am glad you brought up that part.

Most people are not educated enough to know of and what being LHP is (which consists of Satan).

It's a bigger thing than most people care to comprehend simply because most people were raised (forced) in believing in God.

Be a good boy/girl and give the Church that you hate money so you can go to Heaven! :D Because if you don't help the poor Church out, you will burn in ever lasting Hell!!!!!

I have become used to Christian antics, (not saying you are) and it gets rather silly now...people need to realize hate is a natural emotion.

And those whom hate, have reason to (mostly because of utter idiocy). I hate the Church for one reason, it deceives and manipulates mass. I like it for one thing, it is smart enough to fool most people.

Do you really think the higher ups believe in God?

Or do you think they play the role of 'God' and tell you what he says with their own words.

Its something I think about now and then. Father Bob may not believe at all, but hes just playing the game because its his source of income! Or, because he enjoys fooling true believers! Father Bob may really be one of the most twisted members of the community. He may have started out with genuine faith, but somewhere along the way he came to a realization that its all nonsense. What to do now, he thinks? Quit? Some do. Others say to themselves, Im making pretty good money. Why don't I adjust my system to maximize my profit!

Orias

Left Hand Path
Its something I think about now and then. Father Bob may not believe at all, but hes just playing the game because its his source of income! Or, because he enjoys fooling true believers! Father Bob may really be one of the most twisted members of the community. He may have started out with genuine faith, but somewhere along the way he came to a realization that its all nonsense. What to do now, he thinks? Quit? Some do. Others say to themselves, Im making pretty good money. Why don't I adjust my system to maximize my profit!

Exactly!!!!

Not to mention a lot of pediphiles (?not sure how to spell it?) are priests.

Maybe I am just stereotyping though...but it is a stereotype for a reason.

Not to mention a lot of pediphiles (?not sure how to spell it?) are priests.

For such people, such as one I heard about that molested 200 kids, only the death penalty is acceptable. I would be in favor of life in prison, but I view such people as monstrosities. How can they live with themselves? Their own existence should be completely repulsive to them. That is why I think it is more merciful to kill them. But, ofcourse, if their souls can be salvaged and their sick nature ultimately changed to be good, then I absolutely all for it. Is it his fault hes a sick monster? Or is it simply human nature, or destiny?

Orias

Left Hand Path
For such people, such as one I heard about that molested 200 kids, only the death penalty is acceptable. I would be in favor of life in prison, but I view such people as monstrosities. How can they live with themselves? Their own existence should be completely repulsive to them. That is why I think it is more merciful to kill them. But, ofcourse, if their souls can be salvaged and their sick nature ultimately changed to be good, then I absolutely all for it. Is it his fault hes a sick monster? Or is it simply human nature, or destiny?

I am sure their own conscience plays a role in their malignance.

But I agree with you, but I would be willing to take it a step further.

Prisons are utterly useless.

Rapists and Murderers should have done unto them, what they have done unto others to get themselves in prison!

It is just an enormous waste of tax payers money and life.

9 out of 10 people who get released from prison commit the crime that they were sent to prison for.

Not to mention if a man murders someone and gets a 30 year sentence (which is unlikely, usually it is like 9 for a first offense) they get out on parol after four years.

Utter stupidity.