• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why don't Theist's admit that there's no evidence for God?

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
I'm open to anything you want to present.

Know what you are looking for, then you can find it. I can give you anything as evidence, but if you don't know what it is evidence for, you'll look at it with no idea.

What would qualify as God? Answer that first. Then you can recognise what evidence serves your search.

Philomath

Sadhaka
Know what you are looking for, then you can find it. I can give you anything as evidence, but if you don't know what it is evidence for, you'll look at it with no idea.

What would qualify as God? Answer that first. Then you can recognize what evidence serves your search.

I'm not looking for God, I already believe in him. I'm just asking if anyone can provide evidence for him. As far as evidence you can provide me with anything you like preferably something in the scientific realm though.

Sleeppy

I'm not looking for God, I already believe in him. I'm just asking if anyone can provide evidence for him. As far as evidence you can provide me with anything you like preferably something in the scientific realm though.

What existed before our universe, according to science?

Sleeppy

Demonstrate to me a rock making deliberate calculations.

How do you think a rock is a rock? And not dust, or something other than a rock? It's very deliberately a rock, isn't it? Why? Science can give you a detailed answer.. But, rocks have certain properties that hold them together, as rocks, and those same properties interact with other things, according to the very deliberate calculations between them.

How much force will it take to crush the rock? The rock knows, because it will submit to that force and be crushed.

Philomath

Sadhaka
How do you think a rock is a rock? And not dust, or something other than a rock? It's very deliberately a rock, isn't it? Why? Science can give you a detailed answer.. But, rocks have certain properties that hold them together, as rocks, and those same properties interact with other things, according to the very deliberate calculations between them.

How much force will it take to crush the rock? The rock knows, because it will submit to that force and be crushed.

And what are these properties that you speak of? Rocks have the ability to think too? :confused:

yoda89

On Xtended Vacation
So funny story. I go up to my friend he looks to me and smiles. I ask, "what are you smiling about?' He replies with excitement, " have a new car." I look at him and say "that's great man. You want to show it to me?" He says "yeah of course." So he walks me out into a parking garage."Where is your car?" "Oh it's right there" pointing towards an empty parking space. "I don't see it are you sure you didn't park it somewhere else?" "No it's right there." "Well I don't see" I respond. "How do you know it is?" "Oh you see I believe it is there." "Ah, I respond so why do you believe it is there." "Salesman told me it was when he sold it to me." "Tell you what let's take mine" I tell him. Walking across the garage. I point to a spot with a car in it. "Do you see it?" "Yeah I do but Its not my kind of car so I'll drive in mine."

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
So funny story. I go up to my friend he looks to me and smiles. I ask, "what are you smiling about?' He replies with excitement, " have a new car." I look at him and say "that's great man. You want to show it to me?" He says "yeah of course." So he walks me out into a parking garage."Where is your car?" "Oh it's right there" pointing towards an empty parking space. "I don't see it are you sure you didn't park it somewhere else?" "No it's right there." "Well I don't see" I respond. "How do you know it is?" "Oh you see I believe it is there." "Ah, I respond so why do you believe it is there." "Salesman told me it was when he sold it to me." "Tell you what let's take mine" I tell him. Walking across the garage. I point to a spot with a car in it. "Do you see it?" "Yeah I do but Its not my kind of car so I'll drive in mine."

Your friend sounds pretty gullible.