• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why "God does not exist" is a positive claim

firedragon

Veteran Member
Aren't you going against your own previous claim?
What claim and how? Please explain how. Then I would like an answer to the question I asked. Let me cut and paste it so that you could read again.

"So, how does he go against the scientific method by saying the metaphysical interactions with the physical can be tested by science to be metaphysical? What's the method he had developed? Could you explain?" referring to Victor J. Stenger

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
He did not. As you pointed out previously and are now countersaying, physical consequences can be tested.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Not necessarily. Besides, we still have to decide what we are talking about if meaningful discussion is to exist.

Well, it is not certain that there is a meaningful we as such. So to me it is off course interesting that there is a "we", but it is as much them as those who do it differently that apperently is a part of reality and not just we.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Guys, if you don't think gods exist, what kind of universe do you believe we live in?

There's always a positive claim. If you're too insecure in you're beliefs to own that claim, I'd look internally.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Guys, if you don't think gods exist, what kind of universe do you believe we live in?

There's always a positive claim. If you're too insecure in you're beliefs to own that claim, I'd look internally.

I don't know, since I don't do postive metaphysics or ontology.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
If that is how you treat every evidence, sure. I see no reason to be that skeptic though.

Well, yes, that is the point in part. We indiviudally have different thinking, but somehow it is supposed not to be the case, since ontological naturalism is in effect objective.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Well, yes, that is the point in part. We indiviudally have different thinking, but somehow it is supposed not to be the case, since ontological naturalism is in effect objective.

How did you reach the conclusion it is not supposed to be the case?