• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I think a lot of the Bible is False

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Allah "God" is JUST, because it wouldn't make any sense that Allah would punish in hell whom he love, don't you think so?

Allah is loving too, but why you think he would love those who reject him. It's all about justice.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Why it's only about Muslims and Mormons. :rolleyes:

Just another old typical disgusting propaganda!

:no:

Did you even look at the site? It's not "only about muslims and mormons" The site originally only had the basic Christian bible (KJV) for the longest time, only recently was extended to include the Koran and book of Mormon. It has all three books in full, which the site goes through and examines and exposes.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
:no:

Did you even look at the site? It's not "only about muslims and mormons" The site originally only had the basic Christian bible (KJV) for the longest time, only recently was extended to include the Koran and book of Mormon. It has all three books in full, which the site goes through and examines and exposes.

I did, and it shows the main page two major links to the Quran and the book of Mormons. Anyway, i saw some of it and i recall that i been there long time a go. It's full of nonesense. Just trying to insult holy books, not to *expose* a reality or the truth. Their approach is really lame and they take things out of context and they intentionally rename the Surah's of the Quran into silly name and then they try to interpret verses translated by themselves, but not using any offecial valid translation. It's just another garbage on the internet and everybody knows that. I'm surprised that you are using this silly site to know about religions.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But what critique of holy books wouldn't be dismissed as "propaganda" by believers? Would any of them accept any sort of critical examination at all?

By the way, the translation of the Koran that site used was The Meaning of The Glorious Quran (1922) by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall.

I don't have a problem with challenging my beliefs or holy scriptures. I don't have time to reply to that website but if you have any question about Islam, feel free to ask me, discuss with me, or even debate with. I don't have a problem with that. I hope that is based on your own reasoning but not a copy paste thing from that website or any other. And it doesn't really matter what translation they use because i saw how they have renamed it and twisted it.

d3vaLL

I don't have a problem with challenging my beliefs or holy scriptures. I don't have time to reply to that website but if you have any question about Islam, feel free to ask me, discuss with me, or even debate with. I don't have a problem with that. I hope that is based on your own reasoning but not a copy paste thing from that website or any other. And it doesn't really matter what translation they use because i saw how they have renamed it and twisted it.

I don't see how using direct quotes and putting them next to each other from the same book is insulting propaganda...

I can see how calling something garbage, lame, and nonsense without example is though.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I don't see how using direct quotes and putting them next to each other from the same book is insulting propaganda...

I can see how calling something garbage, lame, and nonsense without example is though.
I have no problems understanding how they can say that it is insulting to their propaganda.

darkstariscool

To Sandy White something on page 2
I never said I don't believe in God, I said I don't agree with the Bible. I believe in God, but I don't agree that God would teach such retarded stuff as is in the Bible. The message is good, but let's face it, if taking literally, it's utter nonsense.

darkstariscool

To Weddy.
And that is why I think the Bible is BS. It portreys God as selfish( You either believe in him or you go to hell.) I don't believe God is selfish and I don't believe you have to believe in him to get to Heaven. Say your a Hindu who is raised in an area where there are no Christians or any way of learning about God, chances are you wont be a Christian. Should you go to hell then? Should you go to hell because you find it to hard to believe in God or the Bible, but are still a good person?

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Your comment strikes me as being the same as:
"But your honour, you are ignoring that the defendant gives generously to charities, volunteers at the YMCA, attends church regularly. Why are you not addressing these things but instead are concentrating on the fact that he brutally raped and murdered several women, children and animals?"​
This makes absolutely no sense. God has commited no crimes.

Weddy

Forgiven
Allah "God" is JUST, because it wouldn't make any sense that Allah would punish in hell whom he love, don't you think so?

Allah is loving too, but why you think he would love those who reject him. It's all about justice.

I need you to educate me, please, because I'm unsure of something. Is Allah the same god as the Christian God, Jehovah?

I've always wondered this and would appreciate your comments. :)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I need you to educate me, please, because I'm unsure of something. Is Allah the same god as the Christian God, Jehovah?
Allah translates from Arabic as "the God", roughly (with the implication that God is the one and only god). It's made up of "al-", the definite article, and "-ilah", which simply means "deity".

The Qu'ran is quite emphatic that Allah it refers to is the same god that appeared before Moses and the other prophets.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I've always wondered this and would appreciate your comments. :)

Allah is the God of Adam, Noah, Abraham, etc, so if Jehovah was the name of the God of those prophets, then Allah and Jehovah are two names for the same God. :)

gnostic

The Lost One
weddy said:
As far as Adam and Eve's children: You forgot about Seth (Genesis 4:25), and the other sons and daughters (Genesis 4:26).
Adam may have other sons and daughters, but Seth was born, most likely years after Abel's murder. It stated quite clearly that Seth was born when Adam and Eve were already 130 years old.