• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is the hope of Michelle Obama so fragile and fleeting?

whirlingmerc

Lots of other people have hope, yet she has no hope and feels there is no hope?
After 8 years in office which isn't even over? and she has no hope?

As a Christian, if she is, should she not have a hope that endures through tribulations of many sort?

tytlyf

Not Religious
Funny what makes news in certain places. Ya, Charles doesn't have a sketchy past...

I mean, republicans hate michelle helping kids in school eat healthier. But they don't tell anyone she's not responsible for making laws. Michelle makes recommendations, not laws. Congress followed suit and passed some of her visions.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Funny what makes news in certain places. Ya, Charles doesn't have a sketchy past...

I mean, republicans hate michelle helping kids in school eat healthier. But they don't tell anyone she's not responsible for making laws. Michelle makes recommendations, not laws. Congress followed suit and passed some of her visions.
Michelle committed a grave sin in trying to dump hummus from kids' lunches.
That's unthinkable in SE MI !!!!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Did you mean that ironically?
No.
I expect that as time passes, she'll see that election wins shift back & forth between
the parties, & that not getting one's way shouldn't mean losing hope in the future.
BTW, Trump is misrepresenting what she says in the video.
Didn't watch the video.
I've only read accounts of her claims.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
No.
I expect that as time passes, she'll see that election wins shift back & forth between
the parties, & that not getting one's way shouldn't mean losing hope in the future.

Didn't watch the video.
I've only read accounts of her claims.
Well, I tried. Best of luck.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

You do realize Mrs. O neither is, nor was the President. Her recommendations have no legal legs at all.

Oeste

Lots of other people have hope, yet she has no hope and feels there is no hope?
After 8 years in office which isn't even over? and she has no hope?

Don't be silly. The "hope" was that Democrats would win the election. That hope was gone the day after the election.

In other words, Democrats were feeling the same way Republicans felt 4 years before.

As a Christian, if she is, should she not have a hope that endures through tribulations of many sort?

I believe this was addressed in Obama's book, "The Audacity of Hope" which was the broader context of Michelle and Oprah's discussion.

tytlyf

Not Religious
You do realize Mrs. O neither is, nor was the President. Her recommendations have no legal legs at all.
I understand that. This is what all first ladies do. But RW media will gleefully scare people about Michelle and her lunch program. Completely ignoring the fact that she isn't responsible for the changes.

All media outlets are biased, not all lie and deceive intentionally.

Oeste

What an embarrassment for her.

I see nothing embarrassing in Ms. Obama's statement.

On one hand, I do feel some embarrassment when I realize our new first lady will come into office having plagiarized her first major speech from the former first lady, but on the other, some relief that the bared arms of our current first lady may have paved acceptance for our new first lady's bared body.

That's just me, though. I realize that what's embarrassing for one person may not be embarrassing for the other. Americans are politically, ideologically, and ethnically diverse. It's what's kept us great over the years.

As long as we continue to talk and interact with other we will continue to remain great. Once that shuts down, I'm afraid it will soon be over.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I see nothing embarrassing in Ms. Obama's statement.

On one hand, I do feel some embarrassment when I realize our new first lady will come into office having plagiarized her first major speech from the former first lady,...
Personally, I cut Melania a lot of slack on that because it may have been put in by a speech-writer or checked but maybe missed by a speech-writer.