• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is the hope of Michelle Obama so fragile and fleeting?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
No.
She has a track record.
Have you forgotten the "unprecedented co-presidency"?
Her choice of Kaine for VP is consistent with this.
She doesn't have a track record of taking guns away.
And "co-presidency," Pence has already been playing a major role with cabinet appointments.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Lots of other people have hope, yet she has no hope and feels there is no hope?
After 8 years in office which isn't even over? and she has no hope?

US Consumer Sentiment Rises to Highest Level Since 2004
Highly Cited-Wall Street Journal-Dec 23, 2016

Stock market futures at record highs.

This is the exact opposite of what happened when the Obama's entered the WH.

Obviously the Obamas and the American people do not agree, or are 'hoping' for different things

tytlyf

Not Religious
"Take your guns away" is a typical panic mongering technique used by conservative media. Similar to their tired and obvious 'slippery slope' argument. Reagan was more a threat to guns rights. People like saying things and getting all paranoid, but facts help alleviate that.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
so why is Michele Obama's faith so fragile... no hope in God? no enduring hope for the future?
She was obviously not referring to the "long-range forecast" nor any negativity about God but more towards what we have to endure over at least the next four years who is nothing short of being morally depraved based on his many actions and words. I didn't and never would vote for such a person, but you surely did.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
She doesn't have a track record of taking guns away.
And "co-presidency," Pence has already been playing a major role with cabinet appointments.
This doesn't convince me that I should switch my
view that Hillary was the more dangerous of the two.

Btw, the "taking guns away" is a straw man.
I never said that. Has anyone here?
It isn't the only way to infringe upon gun rights.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
"Take your guns away" is a typical panic mongering technique used by conservative media.
Actually, "take guns away" is a red herring used by lefties.
It's a claim they attack not because it's made, but because
they feel capable of dismissing it.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Actually, "take guns away" is a red herring used by lefties.
It's a claim they attack not because it's made, but because
they feel capable of dismissing it.
Believe whatever you want, they said the same thing about Obama. Actually, they said worse of Obama. But look what happened..............nothing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Believe whatever you want, they said the same thing about Obama. Actually, they said worse of Obama. But look what happened..............nothing.
"They" are always saying things for the purpose of creating straw men.
I wish "they" would just shut their pie holes.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Lots of other people have hope, yet she has no hope and feels there is no hope?
After 8 years in office which isn't even over? and she has no hope?

As a Christian, if she is, should she not have a hope that endures through tribulations of many sort?
Bit of a strawman here if we are honest. She isn't stating she has no hope in her life at all. She is saying she has no hope of Trump doing any "good" for America in the next 4 years. TBH I lost all hope of this being a good year soon as Hillary won the primary and then didn't apoint Bernie as her VP. I have zero hope that our politics will bring about anything good in the next few years. I would feel the same if HIllary had been elected.

I have hope for our technological advances. I have hope that the Game of Thrones final season will knock my pants off. I have hope in the up comming marvel movies. I have hope in the up comming Harry Potter movies. I have hope that I will be just fine in terms of making more money because I'm generally resourceful like that. I don't have any hope that our cumbling infastructuer will change. I have no hope that our economy will get better other than those at the very very top. I don't have hope that our foreign policy will become more peaceful.

I have hope that I am wrong in not having hope. I had a little tiny bit of hope for Trump until he set up his cabinates. The ONLY acceptable nomination in my opinion was James Mattis for secretary of defense.

But anyway that is the context. Do you think she should have hope for the next 4 years of Trump? What goals and ideals that MIchelle Obama holds do you think that Trump will invoke?

whirlingmerc

I think there might be hope some of the disastrous policies like the AHA having problems remediated are more likely under Trump The insurance industry is seriously destabilized

Foreign policy has been a disaster under Obama although he did get a Nobel Peace prize for campaign promises
most of which went wanting and the Middle East more radicalized and dangerous than when Obama took office

It's difficult to get a full time job with the high entry benefits Obama insisted on and many people
are disenfarachized form the job market now

Trump has his problems, as did Obama and Clintons but there is hope ... and there is always hope in God

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Foreign policy has been a disaster under Obama although he did get a Nobel Peace prize for campaign promises
most of which went wanting and the Middle East more radicalized and dangerous than when Obama took office
What has happened in the Middle East started long before Obama took office, with undoubtedly the worst single mistake being made by Bush when he went for regime change in Iraq that destabilized that entire area.

So, what's Trump's solution? He has threatened to carpet-bomb there and has said he won't take nukes off the table. What do you think Jesus say about that, whilingmerc? But it was Trump who you voted for.

Trump has his problems, as did Obama and Clintons but there is hope ... and there is always hope in God
It's weird that you say "God" and "Trump" in the same sentence, especially based on what Trump has repeated said and done, plus his bragging that he doesn't need any forgiveness from God. But it was Trump that you voted for anyway.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Obama did have some foreign policy successes.
The problem is that quite often, the greatest of them go
unnoticed because they're about what did not occur.
We did not start a war with Iran.
Israel did not start a war with Iran.
Iran started a war with no one.
These are pretty good accomplishments.
There might be more which just aren't obvious.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Obama did have some foreign policy successes.
The problem is that quite often, the greatest of them go
unnoticed because they're about what did not occur.
We did not start a war with Iran.
Israel did not start a war with Iran.
Iran started a war with no one.
These are pretty good accomplishments.
There might be more which just aren't obvious.
Cuba?
The Iran deal?

habiru

That doesn't address my question, and I doubt Trump does anything about GMOs himself.
Well, he is starting off on the right foot...

But they are trying to give President Trump a list of corporation's shills (Monsanto's Sodomites). They are trying to say that these are the only qualify candidates to be on the staff for the Agriculture Advisory Committee. So they need to warn President Trump about these corporation's goons. Having everybody focusing on other crap of the election that they doesn't has no affects on us. Trying to give President Trump a work load so that he will be able to focus on the people.

Donald Trump lashes out at Iowa after new poll shows him losing: “Too much Monsanto in the corn creates issues in the brain” Donald Trump lashes out at Iowa after new poll shows him losing: “Too much Monsanto in the corn creates issues in the brain”

I wish there was a lot more that we could say but these are the (few) things that we can be optimistic about.

• I know for a fact that Ivanka Trump eats healthy, organic food. Furthermore, she has an insanely elaborate and sophisticated water filtration system installed in her New York City apartment. Why is this relevant? Anyone who cares that much about high quality water also cares about high quality food. Given her inclination for healthy living, Ivanka Trump may be able to educate her father about what is really happening with organic, particularly in regards to GMO-contamination, the biggest threat to organic.
  • Donald Trump is adamantly against the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP), a trade agreement that would be horrible for organic food. The worst aspect of TPP is that it would essentially make it illegal to label GMOs. Based on recent news reports, President Obama is trying to push TPP through before he leaves office.
  • Last year, Donald Trump sent out a Tweet — and later retracted it, for fear of drawing the ire of the world’s most powerful chemical company — about Monsanto’s genetically-modified corn causing issues with the brain. How much should we read into it? It is very hard to say, but it is definitely worth
  • trump-monsanto-tweet-1.png

• mentioning. http://livingmaxwell.com/donald-trump-organic-food-gmos-his-position
Trump's lobbyist ban and 'drain the swamp' promises make it hard to fill his cabinet

But Trump won. So our job now is to try to keep as many of Monsanto’s minions as possible from winning positions in the USDA, EPA and U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA). - See more at: Tell the Senate: Don’t Let Monsanto Run the USDA and EPA!

happy-new-year-2015-animated-gif.gif

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
There is hope, and there is expectation.
My expectation is that the USA will be in a much worse place under Trump.
Hope in this sense has nothing to do with faith.

My hope is that the Trump presidency is as short as it can be.
so that little damage is caused by him or his followers.