• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why it's confusing us more than guiding us?

Everyone here is trying to convince you that their beliefs are the right ones.

Everyone shares their thoughts and their beliefs.

they impose their thought into others while embracing their own beliefs.

What is right and what is wrong.

Is there a God or two or three? To which God we belong?

At some point its getting confusing.

Anyway my point is, lots of thoughts, lots of ideas, lots of religions, lots of beliefs ,it feels like its diverting our attention from the one reality . We want to see something but our attention is heading toward something else. We want to believe in something but some people are saying it's good and some people are saying it's bad. You get confuse along the way and in the end of the road you lose your way. It's just getting too confusing.

There is no "a one policy" or one "goal" to target and to focus on but lots of things going on and on every where it feels like a mess .

I mean why we enter a forum to debate and compare? To end up with one- the best conclusion right? But instead I'm getting more confused why?

For example, some asks who is God. The answer suppose to be one simple answer, but NO, every answer is different than the other. It's not suppose to be like this. Where is the conclusion? Where is the answer? No one can find an answer.

There is a God but if we just put our ideas and our thoughts from every religion, from ever region, from every single human being mind, the outcome will be a mess.

There is a God but God have some specific features we can't just add and subtract as we wish, can we?.

At the end, we change our religions from one to another like changing our outfit to the one that suits us and fit our mentality and our thinking, how come?

Why parents are strict? Because there are lines between right and wrong, we can't just change the "right" to be" wrong" and change the "wrong" to be" right". There must be some rules some borders and some lines that shouldn’t be crossed. There are some things we need to know and some things we need not to know.

Again what I'm saying that there is something wrong when everyone conflict about the right religion, thoughts, beliefs . it's just a mess, there must be a one right answer, it can't be that every religion in this world is right.

There are lots of possibilities of religions that is right, but there is one answer, one truth. At the end, only the religion that answered right will pass and the rest will fail, because there is only one answer is right and there is a defiantly an end to everything like the end of every human's life.

If you put your own ideas and your own thoughts it doesn’t make it the "TRUTH". We have to think that is why we have a brain, we can't just read and believe every line we go through. Because not everything is the truth only one truth is there.

So no more new thoughts or new stuff added to the list we had lots and it is confusing as it is. We want to focus and to see the straight line to the " good end".

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Anyway my point is, lots of thoughts, lots of ideas, lots of religions, lots of beliefs ,it feels like its diverting our attention from the one reality . We want to see something but our attention is heading toward something else. We want to believe in something but some people are saying it's good and some people are saying it's bad. You get confuse along the way and in the end of the road you lose your way. It's just getting too confusing.

There is no "a one policy" or one "goal" to target and to focus on but lots of things going on and on every where it feels like a mess .

I mean why we enter a forum to debate and compare? To end up with one- the best conclusion right? But instead I'm getting more confused why?

For example, some asks who is God. The answer suppose to be one simple answer, but NO, every answer is different than the other. It's not suppose to be like this. Where is the conclusion? Where is the answer? No one can find an answer.

There is a God but if we just put our ideas and our thoughts from every religion, from ever region, from every single human being mind, the outcome will be a mess.

There is a God but God have some specific features we can't just add and subtract as we wish, can we?.

At the end, we change our religions from one to another like changing our outfit to the one that suits us and fit our mentality and our thinking, how come?

Why parents are strict? Because there are lines between right and wrong, we can't just change the "right" to be" wrong" and change the "wrong" to be" right". There must be some rules some borders and some lines that shouldn’t be crossed. There are some things we need to know and some things we need not to know.

Again what I'm saying that there is something wrong when everyone conflict about the right religion, thoughts, beliefs . it's just a mess, there must be a one right answer, it can't be that every religion in this world is right.

There are lots of possibilities of religions that is right, but there is one answer, one truth. At the end, only the religion that answered right will pass and the rest will fail, because there is only one answer is right and there is a defiantly an end to everything like the end of every human's life.

If you put your own ideas and your own thoughts it doesn’t make it the "TRUTH". We have to think that is why we have a brain, we can't just read and believe every line we go through. Because not everything is the truth only one truth is there.

So no more new thoughts or new stuff added to the list we had lots and it is confusing as it is. We want to focus and to see the straight line to the " good end".

It's confusing because there are conflicts between our ideology and direct reality.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
At the end, only the religion that answered right will pass and the rest will fail, because there is only one answer is right and there is a defiantly an end to everything like the end of every human's life.
Why? Why can't many types of beliefs survive at the same time as they do now after a long time in human history? Every body will have his/her own version of truth. Why should there be an end to everything? Was there a beginning to everything? Does one know for sure?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
As Chairman Mao (perhaps) said - 'let a hundred flowers bloom' (although it may have been said in a different context). We have to live in harmony with our myriad beliefs. You already know my version of truth.

Acim

Revelation all the time
I don't think there will be one right answer in the vein of 'one right theology.' If anything, I think it will, or is, about unlearning certain theological notions that get in the way (of an individual getting closer to own divine nature). Kind of like a 'kill the buddha' type thing, but on a massive scale and applying to most, if not all religions.

I do fully believe there will be a universal experience in which confusion is literally nowhere to be found. A massive enlightenment. Perhaps optimistic, but I actually believe I understand how it is plausible. Though don't feel it really needs to be explained. I honestly believe it is already understood at level of knowledge within all of us (and all things), and in essence has already happened. But because I am not there (theoretically), it would be challenging to explain that. Not impossible, just challenging.

I routinely will consider the possibility that everyone else is already there and it (the universal experience) is just waiting on me, being extremely patient. I find this much better assumption than thinking none of us are there and it'll be a million years or so before we get there. Plus coming up with bizarre notions that so much has to change (based on my perceptions of how the entire reality of the world/universe is currently set up) before some universal experience (of Oneness) can occur. I think it does actually help to just contemplate on the notion that it has already occurred (for everyone else), for all you know. Kinda leads to the profound realization that it is up to you, but not really you alone.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member

By the way, it is against the rules to preach here on RF. If you see any such posts, please report them. For the reference, this is the rule:
8. Preaching/Proselytizing
Creating (or linking to) content intended to convert/recruit others to your religion, spirituality, sect/denomination, or lack thereof is not permitted. Similarly, attempting to convert others away from their religion, spiritual convictions, or sect/denomination will also be considered a form of preaching. Stating opinions as a definitive matter of fact (i.e., without "I believe/feel/think" language, and/or without references) may be moderated as preaching.
:)

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
.....Anyway my point is, lots of thoughts, lots of ideas, lots of religions, lots of beliefs ,it feels like its diverting our attention from the one reality . We want to see something but our attention is heading toward something else. We want to believe in something but some people are saying it's good and some people are saying it's bad. You get confuse along the way and in the end of the road you lose your way. It's just getting too confusing.

I mean why we enter a forum to debate and compare? To end up with one- the best conclusion right? But instead I'm getting more confused why?......
Peace be on you.
Hope this may help:
There is no monopoly of truth. Truth evolved from start and ended at final end.
There is universal faith.
Contradictions in religions are lesser when they are in their original forms.

"Can the same God send down different teachings? This question is answered by Islam alone, and this, too, is a distinctive feature of this religion. Islam holds that there are two basic causes of differences between various religions. First, that varying conditions had needed varying dictates and rules, and the All-Knowing and All-Wise God had provided guidance for different ages, regions and peoples in accordance with their respective needs. Secondly, the contents of various faiths faded and wilted under the vicissitudes of time, hence they were not preserved in their original form. In some cases, the followers themselves introduced innovations and variations to suit changing needs, and the originally revealed Books continued to be interpolated for this purpose. "
Ref: alislamDOTorg

True God is perfect in all respects, and its teaching is perfect. It covers all aspects of human needs. One can ask God directly where that God is. That God should be able to answer to a true seeker.

[Hopefully, this answer will not considered to convert anyone]

Last edited:

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

Everyone is an individual with there own experiences, knowledge and understanding. I believe at best 2 people can understand 75% of what another person is communicating. We can compensate for this by being open and trying to understand the differences. This means taking the time to really understand why an opposing or different view point exist. As you have noted everyone is to busy proving their own beliefs.

The Books and scriptures are written by individuals long before our experiences at best or understanding is 50%. The way to correct is take all the books and scriptures as true to that individual and understand them as a whole. The religions themselves don't want this, their god experience is the only god experience they want their followers to study.

The answer is there if you do the work and are open to what it is telling you. Very few people seek enlightenment and yet fewer achieve it.

It's confusing because there are conflicts between our ideology and direct reality.

Faith, Values, Opinions, Societies, religions. Everyone have that inside, faith and values, inner self, thoughts. And it's something inside us but society , our surrounding are directing our thoughts. If we shut down ourselves from the outside and if we clear our thoughts , and focus what we have inside , what is really our faith? What do we believe in? is it really the truth. Its confusing what we know is it really the truth, are we really in the right direction or only that our thoughts are directed by others?

Why? Why can't many types of beliefs survive at the same time as they do now after a long time in human history? Every body will have his/her own version of truth. Why should there be an end to everything? Was there a beginning to everything? Does one know for sure?

I can't prove my point with some words and I'm not capable of. However, if you look wisely, everything in this world have a beginning and have an end, everything is combined with each other. So, it says something itself that I can explain and it needs a vision and a foresight so that a person can see what others can't.

Errr... Maybe my assumptions are wrong, but it almost seems as though you are saying that all of us here are lost souls wallowing in our own whims and selfish desires aimlessly...

Please correct me if I'm wrong. =/

It's not totally wrong and not totally right either. I'm just saying that a person should think wisely but shouldn’t let his thoughts control him. We are human, we could be wrong, we make mistakes no one is perfect, but we also need to be careful.

As Chairman Mao (perhaps) said - 'let a hundred flowers bloom' (although it may have been said in a different context). We have to live in harmony with our myriad beliefs. You already know my version of truth.

I'm not against your beliefs, you have all the rights to believe in what you want. It's good to be happy, but make sure you feel peaceful in the outside and in the inside.

This is why I gave up all belief systems and found my own inner truth, its mine and mine only, I don't need to shove it into others face, or to have others agree with it or not, I have never been more free.

I'm curious about your inner truth.

I don't think there will be one right answer in the vein of 'one right theology.' If anything, I think it will, or is, about unlearning certain theological notions that get in the way (of an individual getting closer to own divine nature). Kind of like a 'kill the buddha' type thing, but on a massive scale and applying to most, if not all religions.

I do fully believe there will be a universal experience in which confusion is literally nowhere to be found. A massive enlightenment. Perhaps optimistic, but I actually believe I understand how it is plausible. Though don't feel it really needs to be explained. I honestly believe it is already understood at level of knowledge within all of us (and all things), and in essence has already happened. But because I am not there (theoretically), it would be challenging to explain that. Not impossible, just challenging.

I routinely will consider the possibility that everyone else is already there and it (the universal experience) is just waiting on me, being extremely patient. I find this much better assumption than thinking none of us are there and it'll be a million years or so before we get there. Plus coming up with bizarre notions that so much has to change (based on my perceptions of how the entire reality of the world/universe is currently set up) before some universal experience (of Oneness) can occur. I think it does actually help to just contemplate on the notion that it has already occurred (for everyone else), for all you know. Kinda leads to the profound realization that it is up to you, but not really you alone.

Not exactly a one right answer. But if there is the beginning of the universe, and there is the end of the universe, that is surely happening, and if this universe have a one creator with some conditions to how to worship the one creator, then the right answers should be what the one creator want or else it is a fail. Then if the one creator is going to end the universe which means there is the end of our life , do I want a good end or after "the end" results? do I want to receive a good or a bad results? Like the reward or the punishment thing.

But if we say that every individual is worshiping some specific divine of their own that "they think he is the one worth to be worshiped", it's just like every individual will receive specific reward or punishment in different way, it would be like some people ends will be dying for a certain divine, while some others will be living forever for some certain divine, it suppose not be alike, because every divine have a different conditions, different thoughts different rules, it's impossible to be the same.

But if everyone is getting closer to some certain divine (mediator) to get closer to God using some middle agent, it's just a wasting of time, why won't we worship God directly instead of some agent to get closer to God?

But if we thinks that there is no God, and there is no creator, then why we die? Why we can't control our life? we should be living forever, like a never ending circle.

If you get what I mean.

By the way, it is against the rules to preach here on RF. If you see any such posts, please report them. For the reference, this is the rule:

:)

I didn’t mean it literally I'm just setting an example. Also, my point here is I entered this forum to see what people think, but instead it created a confusion.

Peace be on you.
Hope this may help:
There is no monopoly of truth. Truth evolved from start and ended at final end.
There is universal faith.
Contradictions in religions are lesser when they are in their original forms.

"Can the same God send down different teachings? This question is answered by Islam alone, and this, too, is a distinctive feature of this religion. Islam holds that there are two basic causes of differences between various religions. First, that varying conditions had needed varying dictates and rules, and the All-Knowing and All-Wise God had provided guidance for different ages, regions and peoples in accordance with their respective needs. Secondly, the contents of various faiths faded and wilted under the vicissitudes of time, hence they were not preserved in their original form. In some cases, the followers themselves introduced innovations and variations to suit changing needs, and the originally revealed Books continued to be interpolated for this purpose. "
Ref: alislamDOTorg

True God is perfect in all respects, and its teaching is perfect. It covers all aspects of human needs. One can ask God directly where that God is. That God should be able to answer to a true seeker.

[Hopefully, this answer will not considered to convert anyone]

True god is perfect and exist everywhere, all the time, from the beginning to the end.

One can ask God directly where that God is. That God should be able to answer to a true seeker.
I agree with you.

Everyone is an individual with there own experiences, knowledge and understanding. I believe at best 2 people can understand 75% of what another person is communicating. We can compensate for this by being open and trying to understand the differences. This means taking the time to really understand why an opposing or different view point exist. As you have noted everyone is to busy proving their own beliefs.

The Books and scriptures are written by individuals long before our experiences at best or understanding is 50%. The way to correct is take all the books and scriptures as true to that individual and understand them as a whole. The religions themselves don't want this, their god experience is the only god experience they want their followers to study.

The answer is there if you do the work and are open to what it is telling you. Very few people seek enlightenment and yet fewer achieve it.

I totally agree with you. Even If you read every scripture and every book or listen to every persons beliefs , there are things that is going to contrast, a person may be understandable but can't accept everything.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I can't prove my point with some words and I'm not capable of. However, if you look wisely, everything in this world have a beginning and have an end, everything is combined with each other. So, it says something itself that I can explain and it needs a vision and a foresight so that a person can see what others can't.
I agree with you, Wat_i.need, nearly all things in the world have a beginning and an end. But 'creation of the universe' presents us with a unique problem. If universe is eternal then why it is so, and if it arose at some point of time then what did it arise from and why. And when it ends, what will it end into - a whimper or a bang? This is the Mother of All Problems, the Holy Grail. This cannot be compared to any other problem in the world. We do not have the answer to this riddle and we are not going to have the answer any time soon. All guessing is futile at this point of time. Till we solve this problem, we cannot really say that everything in the world has a beginning and an end. The problem involves finding the relationship between existence and non-existence. :)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I hear youre venting and fustration. We have a lot of seekers and a lot of people trying to place a foundation for various beliefs floating in the wind. There are many Truths and it cannot be singled to god/s. That is the truth of those who believe in god/s not truth for everyone.

Many of us are not confused. Human beings hold a clogomarate of beliefs and morals and we either follow them or try to fit or dismiss them if our said belief system says otherwise.

I know you arent telling us what to believe but more of asking "why the confusion?". Its the religions (however defined) that do not see truth as a rainbow of different experiences and conclusions of many people. Its a tug of war because of imposing belief systems. It harms the individuals heart to where they have morals but they are supressed.

If we, all people, get over our confusion and the majority accept that not Everyone believes in god, we move a step forward. Until then, we will be confused. Not because humanity doesnt know themselves but the fight between each other to accept others for who they are not what they want them to be.

Sees

Dragonslayer
I don't want to convince most of the people here to join my team...quite the opposite lol

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I didn’t mean it literally I'm just setting an example. Also, my point here is I entered this forum to see what people think, but instead it created a confusion.

Yes, that was just a heads up.

Don't worry about the confusion. I registered here just to have fun, fool around, make friends and improve my English. The normal social stuff. I ended up discussing religion and beliefs, and becoming a moderator. Who would have guess a silly guy like me would do that? For some reason members here seem to intentionally want to create confusion. Gotta love them.

Corthos

Great Old One
It's not totally wrong and not totally right either. I'm just saying that a person should think wisely but shouldn’t let his thoughts control him. We are human, we could be wrong, we make mistakes no one is perfect, but we also need to be careful.

Ahh. I see.

It seems to me that you've had a much different experience on this forum than I. If the questions you ask is "which one is right?", then you will get a million different answers with varying degrees of truth and value. They definitely would be full of contradictions. I can imagine that would be frustrating, if you just want the "right one." =/

I guess my approach has been different, as it's been based more on open curiosity and introspection than anything else. This has been very enlightening for me, and has helped me learn more about myself, and to be more intellectually honest with my beliefs and values. Introspection is a great thing, and one shouldn't be afraid of their true thoughts and feelings about things. It's easy to slip into denial and discontent when you ignore them; at least, this has been my own personal experience.

If you don't mind me asking, How would you define your walk as a Muslim? When I was a Christian, there were answers to the questions I had and disciplines that kept me on the straight and narrow (mostly), but there were things that just did not sit well with me... Are there things about Islam that don't sit well with you, or are you 100% happy with it? =)

arthra

Baha'i
So no more new thoughts or new stuff added to the list we had lots and it is confusing as it is. We want to focus and to see the straight line to the " good end"

God knows what is going on my friend!... Right now there may be a period of transition as we all attempt to learn some good things from each other but I trust we are beginning to realize we are all on this blue planet and our job is to accept one another and work to build the foundations of a future that will truly be blessed for our children!

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic

Yes, lots of thoughts and lots of beliefs, but only one stands out--that God is Truth, whatever that Truth be. It's correct by definition.

Acim

Revelation all the time
Not exactly a one right answer. But if there is the beginning of the universe, and there is the end of the universe, that is surely happening, and if this universe have a one creator with some conditions to how to worship the one creator, then the right answers should be what the one creator want or else it is a fail. Then if the one creator is going to end the universe which means there is the end of our life , do I want a good end or after "the end" results? do I want to receive a good or a bad results? Like the reward or the punishment thing.

Lot of 'if statements' here. I would agree that if it were truly known that a Creator made this universe, with some conditions for how to worship the Creator within the universe, then it would be plausible there is (or are) right answer(s). I'd still have a few questions regarding our actual relationship as it relates to this Creator, that I think would pertain to worship, but as the hypothetical isn't necessarily getting at this, then that seems like another discussion, for another time.

But if we say that every individual is worshiping some specific divine of their own that "they think he is the one worth to be worshiped", it's just like every individual will receive specific reward or punishment in different way, it would be like some people ends will be dying for a certain divine, while some others will be living forever for some certain divine, it suppose not be alike, because every divine have a different conditions, different thoughts different rules, it's impossible to be the same.

This is where I would say the relationship to Creator would matter. It is plausible that everyone that exists has a different relationship with the Creator and thus different conditions for worship are set forth which would mean one right answer for all would be impossible for collective understanding, common aims.

The alternative to this, in a black/white sort of way would assume all have exact same relationship to the Creator, and therefore one answer does cover all existing beings. Yet, would that be known through one understanding? Aka one theology? Methinks not, because that would be necessarily using symbolism that is superimposed onto reality of God, and then filtered through plausibly diverging opinions on methods for understanding the symbolism. Possibly mistaking understanding of the theology (and diverging opinions) for an understanding of reality and divinity.

But if everyone is getting closer to some certain divine (mediator) to get closer to God using some middle agent, it's just a wasting of time, why won't we worship God directly instead of some agent to get closer to God?

But if we thinks that there is no God, and there is no creator, then why we die? Why we can't control our life? we should be living forever, like a never ending circle.

If you get what I mean.

Kinda, sorta. The questions strike me as interesting, but also as exploring tangents that I'm not sure relate to the fundamental question of why does religion confuse more than guide? If the questions do pertain, I think they exemplify plausible reasons why the confusion could exist. They are using symbols to convey meaning about perceived reality, and then seeking answers via symbols that we all could plausibly agree on. When the actual answers to the questions may not come via intellectual relations and notions that rely on a medium for portending knowledge.

I do see the intellectual medium being (yet) another way to open the door to reality, but if seen as only way the door could be opened, then it would be ripe for 'kill the buddha' type methodology. Use it, for as long as it works. Obliterate it when it is seen as getting in the way of of getting closer to / being at one, with divine nature.