• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why push your religion on people?

Smokeless Indica

<3 Damian Edward Nixon <3
It matterrs how you deffine push too. France denies religious headgear saying that it pushes their religions. Some states in USA do the same with teachers. I've been told by weearing a turban in public I push my belifs on to you.

I don't think that means you're pushing your religion. That's just a part of who you are.:) When I say push I mean they won't take no for an answer when I tell them I'm not interested and a few have told me I'm gonna go to hell if I don't accept God/Jesus in my life.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
When I say push I mean they won't take no for an answer when I tell them I'm not interested and a few have told me I'm gonna go to hell if I don't accept God/Jesus in my life.
As I have said on a number of occasions on RF, a prospective religious adherent really doesn't want to "go there", in this way, with someone like me.
Though amusing, it can get a teensy weensy testy as they try to run for cover. :)

Alien

I Fly Space.
I don't think that means you're pushing your religion. That's just a part of who you are.:) When I say push I mean they won't take no for an answer when I tell them I'm not interested and a few have told me I'm gonna go to hell if I don't accept God/Jesus in my life.

In the case of someone telling me I will go to hell for not accepting God/Jesus in my life...My only reply would be "Bring it on." :cool:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I agree. If I wear a cross, I am not pushing my belief on anyone, just letting everyone know what I believe (the majority of people don't care what I believe or even know who I am)! :D:D:D

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I agree. If I wear a cross, I am not pushing my belief on anyone, just letting everyone know what I believe (the majority of people don't care what I believe or even know who I am)! :D:D:D

I used to wear this silver cross on a necklace when I was younger, all the time. Not because I was religious, but because many girls found it sexy. I certainly wasn't pushing, nor expressing, any particular belief. Well, maybe the belief that wearing that cross increased my odds of getting some nookie.

Aquitaine

Aggressive convertion tactics and indoctrination are the only ways certain extreme/aggressive religious sects can further spread their control.

Smokeless Indica

<3 Damian Edward Nixon <3
I ask myself the same question.

Why secular satanica without any personal invitation or welcoming invades my private space?

Why Secular satanica invades my living fortress with sexual flirting ads with cheap fake smiles to corrupt my pure and innocent childeren.

Why Secular satanica send me their secular gremmlins into my PC and show my some of thier vile fruits.

Why secular satanica so intolerant that it won't allow me just want to be left alone and my family and live in peace.

If you don't like all the secular **** then go live in a non secular nation. I asked why people push their religion on people, this has nothing to with people pushing religion on other people. You're talking about a system that you don't approve of, not people.

Last edited: