• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the law of Moses prohibits anal sex

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Once again, God is likely trying to prevent humans from animals that spread diseases. Undercooked pork is extremely dangerous to eat. Some disease are found in Pork that can't be removed from the meat by cooking it as well. Of course, you have the freedom to choose your own course for life. This is part of the beauty behind the whole thing.

I live in Switzerland. Swiss and Germans eat a lot of pork whilst enjoying one of the highest life expectancy in the world.

Did we outsmart God?

Ciao

- viole

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Are you aware that science is all over the place when it comes to the origins of different diseases? There are NUMEROUS schools of thought on this topic. I never said my PERSONAL belief about fecal matter causing disease could be scientifically proven. I believe it will be proven in the future though. You are missing the larger point here. Poop and blood spread diseases!
Everything that hasn't been sterilized spreads diseases.

Simplelogic

So, if it is far superior to any other on the planet, you would be happy if it gets estabilished again. All that stoning and stuff.

Incidentally, why did He mandate those laws only for a tiny part of the world population? He did not seem to care whether Australians would perform anal sex or not. Why is that?

Ciao

- viole
He called one people to represent His laws and commandments. God tells us that Israel was meant to follow His ways so other nations would see how blessed they were and also follow them. He ONLY mandates it for His chosen people though.

gsa

Are you aware that science is all over the place when it comes to the origins of different diseases? There are NUMEROUS schools of thought on this topic. I never said my PERSONAL belief about fecal matter causing disease could be scientifically proven. I believe it will be proven in the future though. You are missing the larger point here. Poop and blood spread diseases!

Did Yahweh get a copy of this book? Everyone Poops.

Simplelogic

But not, so far as we know, through the spontaneous generation of bacterial and viral agents. But it is interesting to note that your god would then be responsible for making all human beings walking pathogens, since we all have blood, and we all poop.
This is why God told us to avoid poop and blood.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
He called one people to represent His laws and commandments. God tells us that Israel was meant to follow His ways so other nations would see how blessed they were and also follow them. He ONLY mandates it for His chosen people though.

I find it extremely odd that the creator of the Universe is so obsessed with the people of a very limited region of the world.

Isn't maybe more likely that you made Him up to choose you?

Ciao

- viole

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
I happen to think that there is a sociological imperative in ancient societies to discourage male homosexuality, completely without a theological basis (though assigning one after the fact certainly makes it more powerful). Male-male love/sex stops male-female love/sex and as the primary focus of any group is the continued existence of that group, sexual behavior which cannot lead to reproduction and the continuation of the group (and which would keep people from reproductive behavior) would be discouraged. But that's just a thought I developed a few years ago.
Interestingly enough, in Norse society there was a similar notion, though it never gained a theological basis. It was seen as imperative that you produced some manner of heir, so as to ensure that there was an unbroken line of inheritance, mostly so it wouldn't cause blood-feuds. But once you produced a child, man/man and woman/woman relationships were seen as strange-ish, but not something anyone really cared about. This was a culture where a man(or a woman!) could bring you to court for slander, with the option of one-on-one combat should satisfaction not be gained, after all, so most people would keep their tongues to themselves when in public.

Simplelogic

I find it extremely odd that the creator of the Universe is so obsessed with the people of a very limited region of the world.

Isn't maybe more likely that you made Him up to choose you?

Ciao

- viole
As I stated earlier. I believe God accepts ANYONE who is sincere and honest and does good in life. I also believe there is additional reward for those who follow His commandments in detail. The people who received the revelation at Mt. Sinai were themselves a "mixed multitude" of different peoples.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Um…this is not true.
Reeeeeally now? Name me something that, having not been exposed to extreme heat, extreme cold, vacuum or other similar process(extremely strong acids & bases included) doesn't act as a carrier of some kind for some manner of disease or ailment.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
As I stated earlier. I believe God accepts ANYONE who is sincere and honest and does good in life. I also believe there is additional reward for those who follow His commandments in detail. The people who received the revelation at Mt. Sinai were themselves a "mixed multitude" of different peoples.

Did this multitude include Australians or native Americans?

Btw, I thought it was only one guy who received that revelation.

Ciao

- viole

Simplelogic

Reeeeeally now? Name me something that, having not been exposed to extreme heat, extreme cold, vacuum or other similar process(extremely strong acids & bases included) doesn't act as a carrier of some kind for some manner of disease or ailment.
natural spring water does not carrie diseases…though it does after animals **** in it.

Simplelogic

Dod this multitude include Australians or native Americans?

Ciao

- viole
We are all on a sliding scale in my view. The amount that we know of God's laws are the amount that He holds us accountable to. Many Native American's were righteous people who didn't "speak with forked tongues", they honored their parents and cared for the needy in their communities. These tribes were righteous in God's eyes. Other tribes were murderous and sacrificed human beings, these tribes were evil in God's eyes. Its that simply imho.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
natural spring water does not carrie diseases…though it does after animals **** in it.

I am very serious.

Your geology skills might actually be worse than your biology ones. Spring water comes from two places. It's either from a aquifer, which is an underground collection of water in some manner of rock or what have you, or it's run-off from melting ice & snow, or some combination of them. Neither of those are inherently "pure" by any stretch of the imagination. The underground water might actually be the worst of the two, because that layer of rock and such it's encased in could contain anything. There are entire ecosystems of microscopic organisms within aquifers, including many manner of diseases and other things harmful to our health.

Simplelogic

Did this multitude include Australians or native Americans?

Btw, I thought it was only one guy who received that revelation.

Ciao

- viole

The nation of Israel received the revelation from Moses. This does not mean that Israel was the ONLY nation to understand the basic tenants of right a wrong. People of all nations inherently know that it is right to help our neighbors. They also know that it is wrong to murder someone. Everyone will be held accountable for the level of righteousness that they understand. The more you know of God's laws the more you are accountable for. That means we have greater potential for both blessings and curses then those who don't know these commands.

rosends

I am very serious.
Are you basing that on Deut 23:13-14?
יג ויד תהיה לך, מחוץ למחנה; ויצאת שמה, חוץ. יד ויתד תהיה לך, על-אזנך; והיה, בשבתך חוץ, וחפרתה בה, ושבת וכסית את-צאתך.