• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why would prophets/religious beliefs be off-limits to criticism?!

Servant_of_the_One1

Just 5 minutes ago you called him a liar.

How honest is that?

Thats not a insult. Its my belief, that paul invented lies because he is false prophet.

Ofcourse, a disbeliever can say the same about prophet Muhammad pbuh. I dont see that as insult, i see it as their belief.

outhouse

Atheistically
Thats not a insult.

Well it factually is an insult and against forums rules.

You can state you disagree, but you crossed the line with the insult.

Its my belief, that paul invented lies

Many would claim this is from severe lack of biblical education.

Paul believed these things, and because Paul wrote rhetorically and used mythology did not make him a liar as much as used artistic freedom to make his points.

To make a claim he lied, you need proof or credible evidence he was trying to mislead people.

Here is an example. I think muhammad plagiarized the bible. But I do not go out and say he lied to everyone.

Servant_of_the_One1

Well it factually is an insult and against forums rules.

You can state you disagree, but you crossed the line with the insult.

Many would claim this is from severe lack of biblical education.

Paul believed these things, and because Paul wrote rhetorically and used mythology did not make him a liar as much as used artistic freedom to make his points.

To make a claim he lied, you need proof or credible evidence he was trying to mislead people.

Here is an example. I think muhammad plagiarized the bible. But I do not go out and say he lied to everyone.

Then all religionists here broke the rules.
Because the truth of hindusm is regarded as falsehood by christians, jews, muslims and other non-hindusm. The truth of christianity is rejected by jews, muslims, hindus, and other non-christians. The truth of paul is deemed as falsehood and lies by his opponents within christianity and other religions.

So u want to force people to accept paul as truthful/legitimate prophet?

Servant_of_the_One1

No not at all. You just cannot claim he lied.

Who claimed Paul was a prophet?

Did Paul claim he was a prophet?

I don't claim paul was a prophet. He was just writing letters to different communities.

he claimed to receive revelation/inspiration. Well sorry for u, other christians view him as false apostle/prophet. Then how in God's name can you expect non-christians to regard him as truthful?

outhouse

Atheistically
Don't asner a question with another question. LEARN to just answer a question with an answer.

How many people do you see calling muhammad a liar?

dust1n

Zindīq
Why on earth would Muhammad care about people insulting him if he really was God's chosen prophet?!

Is it really that surprising? Muhammad had personally put to death poets who wrote poems mocking him.

You can ridicule whatever and whoever u want, do that only in your own country.

As for atheists who insult the prophet PBUH in a muslim country where shariah is applied, whatever happens to them its because of what their tongue said. They should only blame their own tongue for the consequence.

Anyone could kill anyone at any point and claim their it happened because of what the victim said. But, I personally see nothing admirable about either ethically or religiously, nor do I expect most people to care.

There's nothing impressive about killing someone because of something they said. Just makes the religion look weak.

outhouse

Atheistically
So how can u expect from me to view paul as truthful?

I don't.

You just cannot use the word lair. Liar and truthful are not the same words, not only that, where can you show Paul was not truthful?

What can you show us that Paul made up, with certainty?

You just admitted they view prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as liar(untruthful).

Can you show me the quote where I stated that?

What people think is fine, people can think he is just that.

But you cannot state it and tell people he is a liar

JoStories

Disagreed.

There's a substantial difference between what you or I think should be and what is. On this matter, I do not see much use in fussing about what I think should be when the what is shall not be changing within generations of human lifetimes. If someone insults something another person cares about, well... they're going to tend to take it personally. It's the nature of the emotional, human animal.
I think that is an entirely unreasonable and unrealistic expectation to suggest that people should quit taking things personally. I think we need to accept that people are
going to take criticisms of things they value personally and develop our personal codes of conduct from there. I would recommend learning the art of active listening as well as conflict management skills. Ridiculing someone is not an example of good conflict management or active listening, but of conflict escalation and lack of listening.

Well, I have to strongly disagree with you. Why should anyone take what is said about a particular belief I'd they hold that belief strongly? If someone told me that I was a fruitcake for believing in eastern thought, such as reincarnation, I would not take offense as it is their right to believe they think I am nuts. I don't much care if they think that you see, as I have my own compelling reasons for believing as I do. Further, I do not ridicule anyone, including their beliefs. And while I have seen a few do that here, but really not all that many.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Criticism is normal. I dont see it as insult if someone says prophet Muhammad pbuh was false etc becaause that is their belief. But insults are the words used by ayaan hersi , wilders. Their intention is to provoke muslims.

Criticism should be allowed on RF, why not?
I criticize Paul too, but i dont call him names. I just dont believe in his corrupted ideology and i believe he is false prophet.
Fair enough. But, what about saying things like "Muhammad was a war monger" or "Muhammad was a child molester?" In actuality, these statements can be substantiated with facts (Muhammad married a child, and encouraged militaristic conuests, etc.). Would you find these kinds of statements to be unacceptable, eventhough they can be substantiated as valid opinions?

JoStories

I'm rather surprised some of you are surprised to find out there's really not much line between moderate and radical Islam. Moderate islam is sort of an oxymoron, really.

Might be time to take a look at the child-marrying, rape approving, murder and violence commanding religion... finally? Hey, seizures and visions from a known epileptic who plagiarized the Jewish texts... divine inspiration, right?

No "moderate" muslim would deny 95% of what is attributed to radical Islam. There is no radical Islam. There's just Islam.

While I find most of what this servant of the one posts, I also find the overt bigotry toward the many peaceful Musilms I know and have worked with to be just as distasteful. I suggest you shine the light of your hypocrisy on Christianity and see the many parallels contained therein.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Is it really that surprising? Muhammad had personally put to death poets who wrote poems mocking him.

Anyone could kill anyone at any point and claim their it happened because of what the victim said. But, I personally see nothing admirable about either ethically or religiously, nor do I expect most people to care.

There's nothing impressive about killing someone because of something they said. Just makes the religion look weak.
It also makes religion seem dangerous, and contrary to the common good. The day that religious beliefs get special treatment is the day that I start an all-out (verbal) war on religious beliefs.

Servant_of_the_One1

In light of historical context( 1)marriage of aisha r.a was to strengthen ties with his bestfriend abu bakr siddiq r.a, 2) military campaings were against the kuffar after they initiated the flames of war first. It was the polytheists who kicked out muslims, who plundered the belongings of the muslims, so they started the animosity), these statements are seen with modern glasses. And the statements are intended as insults.
Why are they not accusing ancient jews of pedophilia or militarism? They dont because they are afraid to be labled as antisemitism, and jews would say hey listen that was the past.

It is purely used as insults.

Goblin

Sorcerer
if you cant at least hold your own when controversy hits. what good is your faith doing for you?

you should critisize everyone. so you arent some starstruck dope who beleives whatever some guy tells ya, just because hes "that guy"