• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wiiiiiiiiii!!!!

Cerrax

That One Guy
I'm surprised no one has said anything about Nintendo's new video game system here.

A little info:

It is called the Wii (said like this= "Weeeeeee!") The name is meant to sound like the English word "We" as to intimate that the console is for everyone, not just gamers. It is also spelled funny so it is abstract enough that anyone in any language can identify it.

It is like nothing video games have ever done before. Check it out: http://wii.nintendo.com/home.html

Booko

Deviled Hen
Cerrax said:
I'm surprised no one has said anything about Nintendo's new video game system here.

A little info:

It is called the Wii (said like this= "Weeeeeee!") The name is meant to sound like the English word "We" as to intimate that the console is for everyone, not just gamers. It is also spelled funny so it is abstract enough that anyone in any language can identify it.

It is like nothing video games have ever done before. Check it out: http://wii.nintendo.com/home.html

Nintendo? What's a nintendo?

(...putting one foot in grave...) ;)

Cerrax

That One Guy
You should seriously check it out! It absolutely amazing! Read their philosophy. Its really making a huge step towards making video games for everyone.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Cerrax said:
You should seriously check it out! It absolutely amazing! Read their philosophy. Its really making a huge step towards making video games for everyone.

I'm just not much of a videogame fan. I watch my kids play FF7 and Kingdom Hearts and whatever else, but I'm not inclined to play them myself. They made me watch the Advent Children movie, and my daughter and I are now fighting over Cloud as our bishie :), but other than that, I prefer cards, chess or wargames.

It's hard for me to get into videogames -- I get too many interruptions.

Cerrax

That One Guy
But the Wii isn't just any video game system. Have you seen it? Its really REALLY different from what you think a video game is. It will blow your mind.

Atheist_Dave

*Foxy Lady*
Wholly **** look at twilight princess, you actually shoot the bow with your movements!!!! I can't wait to try one of these out.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Atheist_Dave said:
Wholly **** look at twilight princess, you actually shoot the bow with your movements!!!! I can't wait to try one of these out.
I really wish they would have had a new Zelda game for Wii, instead of a dual system release. Other than that the system itself looks pretty interesting. But enough of that...back to WOW.

Atheist_Dave

*Foxy Lady*
I havn't played Twilight Princess anyway so it makes no difference to me :p I'm still tryign to complete Ocarina of time, I really suck at games :(

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
Yeah Nintendo are masters of innovation. I'm not a games console person but the route they taken with the Wii make me excited just to hear about it. Genius!

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Atheist_Dave said:
I havn't played Twilight Princess anyway so it makes no difference to me :p I'm still tryign to complete Ocarina of time, I really suck at games :(
One of the best games I've ever played.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Wow... I haven't looked into it since they were called revolution :D That looks so bad-arse I can't even put it into words :D

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I'm really excited about the Wii... it is way closer to my price range than the 360 and PS3 :D

finalfrogo

I've been checking it out for the last view days, watching all the videos from E3. I'm so excited to get it! I don't want to wait for Novemberish.

finalfrogo

Mister_T said:
I really wish they would have had a new Zelda game for Wii, instead of a dual system release. Other than that the system itself looks pretty interesting. But enough of that...back to WOW.

I'm afraid to get WOW. It might be so fun that I'll never stop playing. I don't want to starve!

finalfrogo

Jensa said:
I like Revolution much more. It just sounded cooler.

Yeah, same here. At first, I was upset about the new name, but I've been convinced of its practicality. I still liked "Revolution" better.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
finalfrogo said:
I'm afraid to get WOW. It might be so fun that I'll never stop playing. I don't want to starve!
WOW is awesome and it keeps getting better. On a seprate note: You know the sad thing is that PS3 stole their gyroscope controller idea. That kinda pissed me off.