• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Creationism slowly fade away into oblivion?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I fully expect Anti-Evolutionism (which is what is usually meant by "Creationism") to be extinct in a couple of generations. As extinct as, say, white supremacism is today, anyway.
Right around 10% of the population.

It's like the cuckoo-lander sweet spot. :cool:

wa:do

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Right around 10% of the population.

It's like the cuckoo-lander sweet spot. :cool:

I once met a person who was positive that the technology found in sci-fi movies and series could only possibly be shown there once it was found feasible in reality.

I was stunned to such a degree that I failed to formulate a refutation.

Shermana

Heretic
If creationism was genetic you might have a point.

But short of ridding the world of Science or preventing all of them from getting an education, you aren't going to get rid of Evolution.

Numerous well educated Christians oppose the so-called Scientific concensus, I've met far more Christians who have similar objections as I do than those who don't. I wouldn't for a second believe that a grand shift away from this phenomenon is going to happen anytime soon. If anything, Creation science will nicely fill the gap of what you speak of, take that as you will. You can call it "Dishonest pseudo-science" or whatnot but that's not going to change their minds anymore so than the Neodarwininst arguments will change theirs, or that their arguments will change yours. The ratio of Christians and Muslims who drop their beliefs is much smaller than those who retain them.

On the flipside however...
8. Georgetown University study indicating that merely 30% of individuals raised by atheists remain atheists

The only reason why Europe accepts it as a majority is because Christianity was already mostly dead by the time of the secular revolution.

It's pretty obvious that this tendency to not believe in Creationism is rooted in a mostly anti-religious environment, and as soon as this anti-religious environment goes out the window, so will all its secularist implications.

So without further ado, I would place my bets firmly on the idea that the Creationist worldview will easily push the non-Creationist view into the zone of Obscurancy within 2 generations, tops. I fully expect TOE-ism (Neo Darwinism) to be a tiny minority view by then.

See here for proof of just how fast Atheistic views are collapsing and traditional Christianity are rapidly growing in some of the Atheist strongholds worldwide. It's not just the US where Creationist belief is growing and TOE-ism is on the sharp decline.

http://questionevolution.blogspot.com/2012/08/what-does-history-say-about-how-fast.html

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
It's pretty obvious that this tendency to not believe in Creationism is rooted in a mostly anti-religious environment, and as soon as this anti-religious environment goes out the window, so will all its secularist implications.

So without further ado, I would place my bets firmly on the idea that the Creationist worldview will easily push the non-Creationist view into the zone of Obscurancy within 2 generations, tops.
I suppose that depends upon which type of creationist you are referring to.

Define "anti-religious"
Do you place that label on me?

johnhanks

... It's pretty obvious that this tendency to not believe in Creationism is rooted in a mostly anti-religious environment, and as soon as this anti-religious environment goes out the window, so will all its secularist implications.
I suspect a relatively small minority of non-believers are actively anti-religious: to most religion has merely become an irrelevance, and secularism the norm.
So without further ado, I would place my bets firmly on the idea that the Creationist worldview will easily push the non-Creationist view into the zone of Obscurancy within 2 generations, tops. I fully expect TOE-ism (Neo Darwinism) to be a tiny minority view by then.
Wishful thinking.
See here for proof of just how fast Atheistic views are collapsing and traditional Christianity are rapidly growing in some of the Atheist strongholds worldwide. It's not just the US where Creationist belief is growing and TOE-ism is on the sharp decline.

Question Evolution!: What does the historical record say about how fast secularism can collapse in countries?
Yes, I looked at the link and the subsequent sites it linked to. Almost no actual evidence is presented anywhere, just lots of assertions like

Theologically conservative Bible clubs are proliferating across the United States at a rapid rate and creationists will certainly make alliances with them. This could spread around the world. ... The decline of global atheism/agnosticism is expected to accelerate.
Very much like your own wishful thinking.

Last edited:

Shermana

Heretic
I suppose that depends upon which type of creationist you are referring to.

Define "anti-religious"
Do you place that label on me?

Perhaps I used the wrong word, non-religious would have fit better.

By anti-religious I meant anti-traditionalist I suppose.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Actually, I didn't see that one. :D But if TC was in it, I assume it was bad.
I thought Oblivion was a pretty good movie as well.
In fact, it was better than I thought it would be.
If there was anything anti-creation in it, I missed it.

dust1n

Zindīq
I thought Oblivion was a pretty good movie as well.
In fact, it was better than I thought it would be.
If there was anything anti-creation in it, I missed it.

Not only did I miss out, but I'm almost too late to catch it before the remake!

Oblivion (2013 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EDIT: Or is this what we are all referring to, in which case I look foolish to think we were talking about a movie from '94!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oblivion_(2013_film)