• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will the Israelis & Palestinian problem be ever solved ?

joea

Oshoyoi
Will the problem between the people of Israel and the Palestinians be ever solved ??....who is right and who is wrong ?...who is to be blamed ?...and why diplomacy has failed continuously..What's your thinking on this ??

Last edited:

dust1n

Zindīq
Will the problem between the people of Israel and the Palestinians be ever solve ??....who is right and who is wrong ?...who is to be blamed ?

Probably not in our life times. To be blamed would be the oppressive regimes that rule over all countries. It wouldn't matter who was 'right' or 'wrong', if either country has any resemblance of egalitarian views and liberal standings.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Probably not in our life times. To be blamed would be the oppressive regimes that rule over all countries. It wouldn't matter who was 'right' or 'wrong', if either country has any resemblance of egalitarian views and liberal standings.
That's interesting, because last I checked, unlike the dictatorships around it, Israel functions on a multiple party system, and has offered unparalleled rights to its citizens in a region where human rights has been a sensitive subject. Israel has championed women and gay rights in a region where nations have struggled in giving voting rights to women, and condemning gays to death. Israel has mandated by law voting rights to Arab women (and all its citizens) from its beginning and is recognizing same sex marriage. I'd say that Israel has been exceptional in its 'egalitarian views and liberal standings', and even more so with the challenges that the middle east provide in that regard.

As for the OP, it would be much better to focus on specific issues than generating such general threads, with such strange questions. if you really are interested in the subject, and are at least minimally informed these are not the kind of OPs I'd expect. perhaps providing relevant questions about the on going negotiations for example, about past negotiations, etc.

Last edited:

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
Peace? Not while the Israelis are land grabbing off the local "Indians". Tends to throw a spanner in the peace works. So obviously Israel wants war, I think the Israel's may get an unplesant surprise as the technology gap is closes.

Cheers

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Peace? Not while the Israelis are land grabbing off the local "Indians". Tends to throw a spanner in the peace works. So obviously Israel wants war, I think the Israel's may get an unplesant surprise as the technology gap is closes.

Cheers
Did the Indians have 5 armies that attacked the colonies?
when the UN has mandated Israeli independence, and Israel has put it to action, armies of 5 nations strengthen by forces from nations like Saudi Arabia and Yemen, have provoked a military campaign against Israel by invading the area which was the British mandate before the partition plan. somehow, your analogy is very melodramatic.

Last edited:

Bismillah

Submit
"when the UN has mandated Israeli independence" What right did the UN have to make such a proclamation. Europe has a tendency to draw amigous national bounderies regardless of religion, ethnicities, and cultures.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
"when the UN has mandated Israeli independence" What right did the UN have to make such a proclamation. Europe has a tendency to draw amigous national bounderies regardless of religion, ethnicities, and cultures.
Just like Israel received its independence, so did the Arab nations. would you question the rights of Arab states to become independent after being governed by Britain and colonial powers in general?

Bismillah

Submit
"Just like Israel received its independence, so did the Arab nations. would you question the rights of Arab states to become independent after being governed by Britain and colonial powers in general?" If only for the fact that Arabs had populated the land during colonial times and after. Not at all the same with the Zionist movement focused on illegally transporting as many Jews as possible to Palestine to outnumber and displace the local populace.

I don't question the right to self-determination.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
The "Palestinian problem" will be solved if and when they denounce the political ideology that feeds on their victimhood.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
"Israel's right to self-determination " And Palestine's?
Just to help clarify the question, would you mind offering a couple of examples of pre-1948 Palestinian culture or polity? Perhaps a book of verse, or a coin, or a flag, or a favorite soup, or ...

Bismillah

Submit
The "Palestinian problem" will be solved if and when they denounce the political ideology that feeds on their victimhood.
Perhaps they would dispense of the only leverage they hold after Israel would stop victimising them

Bismillah

Submit
Just to help clarify the question, would you mind offering a couple of examples of pre-1948 Palestinian culture or polity? Perhaps a book of verse, or a coin, or a flag, or a favorite soup, or ...
To what purpose?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Perhaps they would dispense of the only leverage they hold after Israel would stop victimising them
Your fostered inability to acknowledge what, in fact, is victimizing the people of Gaza is part of the problem.
To what purpose?
Nice dodge: predictable and transparent, but nice.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
If only for the fact that Arabs had populated the land during colonial times and after. Not at all the same with the Zionist movement focused on illegally transporting as many Jews as possible to Palestine to outnumber and displace the local populace.

I don't question the right to self-determination.
Thats interesting, because there are 7 generations in my family who have been living in Israel.

Aquitaine

I honestly wish they'd both get along, the situation has becoming unneccessarily complicated and the longer it lasts, the harder it will be to overcome.

I think really the major problems lied in Israelis "rebirth" last century. I think there should've been tighter rules to make sure that there were two separate states and that Jordan would accept the Palestinians. Or, more efforts should've been made to get them both to just integrate under one single nation.

kai

ragamuffin
I honestly wish they'd both get along, the situation has becoming unneccessarily complicated and the longer it lasts, the harder it will be to overcome.

I think really the major problems lied in Israelis "rebirth" last century.
I think there should've been tighter rules to make sure that there were two separate states and that Jordan would accept the Palestinians.
Or, more efforts should've been made to get them both to just integrate under one single nation.

There was no Jordan until there were two states created Israel and Jordan

Aquitaine

There was no Jordan until there were two states created Israel and Jordan

Yes that's what I mean: the rules should've been stricter on the two new states created, so that Jordan wouldn't have ditched the Palestinians.