• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will the Israelis & Palestinian problem be ever solved ?

joea

Oshoyoi
That's interesting, because last I checked, unlike the dictatorships around it, Israel functions on a multiple party system, and has offered unparalleled rights to its citizens in a region where human rights has been a sensitive subject. Israel has championed women and gay rights in a region where nations have struggled in giving voting rights to women, and condemning gays to death. Israel has mandated by law voting rights to Arab women (and all its citizens) from its beginning and is recognizing same sex marriage. I'd say that Israel has been exceptional in its 'egalitarian views and liberal standings', and even more so with the challenges that the middle east provide in that regard.

As for the OP, it would be much better to focus on specific issues than generating such general threads, with such strange questions. if you really are interested in the subject, and are at least minimally informed these are not the kind of OPs I'd expect. perhaps providing relevant questions about the on going negotiations for example, about past negotiations, etc.

My question was meant to create an on going discussion...we are all teachers and students here...what the other one knows...the other doesn't.
i suppose my next question then..."Is Britain to be blame for this problem"....Love & Peace

dust1n

Zindīq
That's interesting, because last I checked, unlike the dictatorships around it, Israel functions on a multiple party system, and has offered unparalleled rights to its citizens in a region where human rights has been a sensitive subject.

I didn't say un-undirectly democratic.. I said oppressive regimes.

Israel's military budget Budget $13.3 billion[2] (2009)

Domestic suppliers:

Israel Aerospace Industries
Israel Military Industries
Israel Weapon Industries
Elbit Systems
Elisra
Elta
Rafael Advanced Defense Systems
Soltam Systems
Plasan
Automotive Industries
Hatehof
Israel Shipyards
SimiGon
BUL Transmark
Aeronautics Defense Systems Ltd
Israeli Ordnance Corps

- Wiki

At least some of them are publicly owned. Hell, at least you aren't privatizing the actual troops like America.

kai

ragamuffin
Yes that's what I mean: the rules should've been stricter on the two new states created, so that Jordan wouldn't have ditched the Palestinians.

They didnt really ditch them untill the Arabs decided the Palestinians were a seperate entity, the west bank for example was Jordanian. Back in 1919 the Arabs wanted palestine as part of Syria.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I didn't say un-undirectly democratic.. I said oppressive regimes. Israel's military budget Budget $13.3 billion ...
I wonder why ...

Arab-Countries.gif

source

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I didn't say un-undirectly democratic.. I said oppressive regimes.
Israel's regime cannot be categorized as oppressive, you need to make a better case and a clearer post by making a distinction between the citizens of Israel who are living in a free society, and the people who live in the Palestinian territories, and are cought between the corruption of Hamas and Fatah and Israeli policies.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Palestinians to Israelis: Stop building more settlements, we start talking.

Arabs to Israel: BBC NEWS | Middle East | Text: Arab peace plan of 2002

the council:

1. Requests Israel to reconsider its policies and declare that a just peace is its strategic option as well.

2. Further calls upon Israel to affirm:
a. Full Israeli withdrawal from all the territories occupied since 1967, including the Syrian Golan Heights to the lines of June 4, 1967 as well as the remaining occupied Lebanese territories in the south of Lebanon.
b. Achievement of a just solution to the Palestinian Refugee problem to be agreed upon in accordance with UN General Assembly Resolution 194.
c. The acceptance of the establishment of a Sovereign Independent Palestinian State on the Palestinian territories occupied since the 4th of June 1967 in the West Bank and Gaza strip, with East Jerusalem as its capital.

3. Consequently, the Arab Countries affirm the following:
a. Consider the Arab-Israeli conflict ended, and enter into a peace agreement with Israel, and provide security for all the states of the region.
b. Establish normal relations with Israel in the context of this comprehensive peace.

4. Assures the rejection of all forms of Palestinian patriation which conflict with the special circumstances of the Arab host countries.

5. Calls upon the Government of Israel and all Israelis to accept this initiative in order to safeguard the prospects for peace and stop the further shedding of blood, enabling the Arab Countries and Israel to live in peace and good neighborliness and provide future generations with security, stability, and prosperity.

6. Invites the International Community and all countries and Organizations to support this initiative.

7. Requests the Chairman of the Summit to form a special committee composed of some of its concerned member states and the Secretary General of the League of Arab States to pursue the necessary contacts to gain support for this initiative at all levels, particularly from the United Nations, the Security Council, the United States of America, the Russian Federation, the Muslim States and the European Union.

dust1n

Zindīq
Israel's regime cannot be categorized as oppressive,[ you need to make a better case and a clearer post by making a distinction between the citizens of Israel who are living in a free society, and the people who live in the Palestinian territories, and are cought between the corruption of Hamas and Fatah and Israeli policies.

Oppression is the exercise of authority or power in a burdensome, cruel, or unjust manner.[1] It can also be defined as an act or instance of oppressing, the state of being oppressed, and the feeling of being heavily burdened, mentally or physically, by troubles, adverse conditions, and anxiety.

-Wiki

You are telling me that Israel does not fit that description?

Every state in existence has done something oppressive.

kai

ragamuffin
Palestinians to Israelis: Stop building more settlements, we start talking.

Arabs to Israel: BBC NEWS | Middle East | Text: Arab peace plan of 2002

the council:

1. Requests Israel to reconsider its policies and declare that a just peace is its strategic option as well.

2. Further calls upon Israel to affirm:
a. Full Israeli withdrawal from all the territories occupied since 1967, including the Syrian Golan Heights to the lines of June 4, 1967 as well as the remaining occupied Lebanese territories in the south of Lebanon.
b. Achievement of a just solution to the Palestinian Refugee problem to be agreed upon in accordance with UN General Assembly Resolution 194.
c. The acceptance of the establishment of a Sovereign Independent Palestinian State on the Palestinian territories occupied since the 4th of June 1967 in the West Bank and Gaza strip, with East Jerusalem as its capital.

3. Consequently, the Arab Countries affirm the following:
a. Consider the Arab-Israeli conflict ended, and enter into a peace agreement with Israel, and provide security for all the states of the region.
b. Establish normal relations with Israel in the context of this comprehensive peace.

4. Assures the rejection of all forms of Palestinian patriation which conflict with the special circumstances of the Arab host countries.

5. Calls upon the Government of Israel and all Israelis to accept this initiative in order to safeguard the prospects for peace and stop the further shedding of blood, enabling the Arab Countries and Israel to live in peace and good neighborliness and provide future generations with security, stability, and prosperity.

6. Invites the International Community and all countries and Organizations to support this initiative.

7. Requests the Chairman of the Summit to form a special committee composed of some of its concerned member states and the Secretary General of the League of Arab States to pursue the necessary contacts to gain support for this initiative at all levels, particularly from the United Nations, the Security Council, the United States of America, the Russian Federation, the Muslim States and the European Union.

Didn't Hamas reject that plan?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Oppression is the exercise of authority or power in a burdensome, cruel, or unjust manner.[1] It can also be defined as an act or instance of oppressing, the state of being oppressed, and the feeling of being heavily burdened, mentally or physically, by troubles, adverse conditions, and anxiety.

-Wiki
Thank you for that moment of enlightenment.

You are telling me that Israel does not fit that description?

Every state in existence has done something oppressive.
Israel is a free society, it is a vibrant democracy in a sea of dictatorships, and what im pointing is just that. mainly the distinction between Israel and its society, and Israeli policies which burden the Palestinian territories.
Is the UK an oppressive country because British troops are in Afghanistan and were in Iraq?
Im finding myself more busy clearing demagogy than discussing the *meat* of the matter.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Are you saying there's a way to get this plan through without Hamas approval?

Hamas is counting on the US and Israel to reject this plan to show the entire world that all what she was saying about the US and Israel was true, that they don't want peace.

If the US and Israel agreed even partly to this peace initiative and started preparing for a REAL Palestinian state which can survive without Israel, Hamas will be forced to accept it, or she will face the anger and wrath of the entire Muslim world.

No body love war, it's just that Hamas believe peaceful negotiations with Israel went no where in all the previous decades. The time has come where the will of the peaceful world has a chance to prove Hamas to be wrong, unfortunately, i doubt that Israel will simply accept such a plan while having the upper hand in this game, at least, not until she secure for herself most of the strategic lands there, which is being done now in front of the whole world.

Read my signature. :sad:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
If the US and Israel agreed even partly to this peace initiative and started preparing for a REAL Palestinian state which can survive without Israel, Hamas will be forced to accept it, or she will face the anger and wrath of the entire Muslim world.
That is an intriguing statement. Why do you think so?

kai

ragamuffin
Hamas is counting on the US and Israel to reject this plan to show the entire world that all what she was saying about the US and Israel was true, that they don't want peace. Thats strange because they have rejected it?

If the US and Israel agreed even partly to this peace initiative and started preparing for a REAL Palestinian state which can survive without Israel, Hamas will be forced to accept it, or she will face the anger and wrath of the entire Muslim world. I bet that scares them, I am interested in how a Palestinian state would function without some kind of symbiotic relationship with Israel?

No body love war, it's just that Hamas believe peaceful negotiations with Israel went no where in all the previous decades. The time has come where the will of the peaceful world has a chance to prove Hamas to be wrong, unfortunately, i doubt that Israel will simply accept such a plan while having the upper hand in this game, at least, not until she secure for herself most of the strategic lands there, which is being done now in front of the whole world.

Read my signature. :sad:

I dont think we have ever really had peaceful negotiations have we? Theres too many Factions demanding all of Palestine, all feeding off fear and hatred , peace could have come long ago and could come tomorrow if people just realised there's no military solution to this problem and used that as a starting point.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I noticed you appealed to the ruling of the UN as support for the existence of the state of Israel. Do you also support the ruling of the UN that the settlements in East Jerusalem are illegal?
Im referring to the invasion of Arab armies after international consensus on partition of the land rather than an appeal to the UN. the UN was but one component in the partition of the land, which was not only responsible for the state of Israel but for an Arab nation neighboring it, as well as the other Arab nations which were formed out of the colonial era.
You are welcomed to join the threads about East Jerusalem.

Last edited:

berrychrisc

Devotee of the Immaculata
I do not. Therefore?

I just feel that the United Nations should be the prime arbiter of peace between Israel and Palestine, not the United States. And, if the United Nations is to have any relevancy, then individual nations should not just appeal to its rulings only when it suits their needs. The United States is guilty of this many times over as well.