• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will the Israelis & Palestinian problem be ever solved ?

Just_me_Mike

One of the reasons say, New York is friendly with Virginia, or any state is friendly with another state is because the benefits outweigh the differences among those in charge of the relations.

Increase the benefits to finding a solutions and the solution will come closer.

dust1n

Zindīq
Thank you for that moment of enlightenment.

Israel is a free society, it is a vibrant democracy in a sea of dictatorships, and what im pointing is just that. mainly the distinction between Israel and its society, and Israeli policies which burden the Palestinian territories.
Is the UK an oppressive country because British troops are in Afghanistan and were in Iraq?

The point I was making is, yes, UK would be an oppressive country for that reason; the same reason Israel would be considered an oppressive regime. It's performing oppression, that's what it makes it oppressive.

Im finding myself more busy clearing demagogy than discussing the *meat* of the matter.

Look, I'm not pro-Islamic Fascism.

When the governments of Arab countries and the governments and Israel all cease to oppress anyone at all, then sure, the problem would be solved; mainly, because that is the problem-- is it not?

joea

Oshoyoi
Not if reaching a solution isn't the goal of all parties involved.
Exactly...now you know why this issue is never solved today....that's why I threw the thread in to see if the forum can do a better job than the politicians ...

Last edited:

Apollonius

Israelis are quick to point out that Palestine was a wasteland when the first Israeli settlers began to establish kibbutz communes through which efforts were made to cause the desert to bloom as it were. The territory had belonged to the Turkish empire prior to the British claiming it by mandate and from this stage a chain of effects were carried out from which the modern state of Israel arose.

Naturally, the Palestinians protest against the presence of a people they view as aliens to the Middle East in that these people were spirited into Palestine, as much by the Third Reich regime as by the Allied Powers. All things considered it would be quite foolish to assume that a compromise resolution can ever be reached when in truth the Palestinians desire the complete removal of Israelis from the Middle East.

kai

ragamuffin
Israelis are quick to point out that Palestine was a wasteland when the first Israeli settlers began to establish kibbutz communes through which efforts were made to cause the desert to bloom as it were. The territory had belonged to the Turkish empire prior to the British claiming it by mandate and from this stage a chain of effects were carried out from which the modern state of Israel arose.

Naturally, the Palestinians protest against the presence of a people they view as aliens to the Middle East in that these people were spirited into Palestine, as much by the Third Reich regime as by the Allied Powers. All things considered it would be quite foolish to assume that a compromise resolution can ever be reached when in truth the Palestinians desire the complete removal of Israelis from the Middle East.

First off the British didn't "claim" anything it was mandated for them to administer due to the collapse of vast tracks of land which was under Ottoman rule. The formal objective of the League of Nations Mandate system was to administer parts of the defunct Ottoman Empire, which had been in control of the Middle East since the 16th century, "until such time as they are able to stand alone." The chain of events started with the fall of the Ottomans that's when Arab independence came to the fore.(independence from Ottoman)

I dont think Palestinians desire the complete removal of Israelis from the middle east but that's certainly the view of Hamas

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
When the governments of Arab countries and the governments and Israel all cease to oppress anyone at all, then sure, the problem would be solved; mainly, because that is the problem-- is it not?
As an Israeli citizen I can root for the current coalition to generate enough dismay from within that combined with pressure from without its policies will begin to reform. not enough that Netanyahu was always a hardliner, some elements in his coalition are outlandish to the Israeli public itself. Israel's FM, Lieberman has gained momentum not by Sabras (people who were born in Israel), but by people who immigrated from the former Soviet block, who identify with him as a former immigrant from Moldova and for expressing much of their sentiments.
because many in the Israeli public tried to fend off a government led by Netanyahu, many have withrew their traditional vote for the left, and placed it on the party Kadima which is defined as centrist, Kadima was actually the one elected, but it was Netanyahu who eventually succeeded in forming a coalition.
the fact that Palestinian elements use any disturbance to ignite strife makes it more complicated in the sense that the Israeli government can appeal to the traditional security measures formula.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
the fact that Palestinian elements use any disturbance to ignite strife makes it more complicated in the sense that the Israeli government can appeal to the traditional security measures formula.
It's a 2-way street. The multivalent capitulation to the right, the bigotry, and the gross disregard for civil rights seriously undermines the regimes credibility.

dust1n

Zindīq
As an Israeli citizen I can root for the current coalition to generate enough dismay from within that combined with pressure from without its policies will begin to reform. not enough that Netanyahu was always a hardliner, some elements in his coalition are outlandish to the Israeli public itself. Israel's FM, Lieberman has gained momentum not by Sabras (people who were born in Israel), but by people who immigrated from the former Soviet block, who identify with him as a former immigrant from Moldova and for expressing much of their sentiments.
because many in the Israeli public tried to fend off a government led by Netanyahu, many have withrew their traditional vote for the left, and placed it on the party Kadima which is defined as centrist, Kadima was actually the one elected, but it was Netanyahu who eventually succeeded in forming a coalition.

I'm with Jay as well.. it is definitely a two way street. What saddens me and what I fear is the right on both countries. Not that I'm completely up to date on the politics, being across the ocean and all, but the right doesn't seem to be as ... willing to compromise ... as the left.