• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will you Adopt a Child even though you have your own Biological kid(s)?

Will you Adopt a Child even though You have your own Biological Kid(s)?

• Yes

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

Phil25

Will you? I dont think I would, as I dont think I would be able to equally love both the adopted and biological.

freethinker44

I don't plan on have any more children, biological or adopted, but I would do it. Our original plan was to have two of our own and adopt a third but after the second child we decided that was enough, raising kids is a lot of work.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
I don't have my own children right now, but we probably cannot adopt due to BF's disability. Which sucks because fostering is something he and I would be really qualified for in every other way.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Will you? I dont think I would, as I dont think I would be able to equally love both the adopted and biological.
Are you angling to have one of us adopt you?
I suppose it depends upon how high maintenance you are.

Sees

Dragonslayer
It is a bit tricky...would I? yes - will I? no, not unless there is a great need and I'm more able. I love my stepson as much as he was my own even though there is a difference, people are all different in how this applies.

It depends on all people involved. Sort of how some love a close friend like true family and some can not. Heck, some love true family less than others love friends.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
My parents wanted a big Catholic family, but health issues made that impossible. So I have five siblings, two of which are my parents ordinary kids, while the other four of us were specially chosen. So we're the one's who can say "Mom and Dad picked me.".

That is one thing adopted kids know. They were no accident, not even a happy one. Your parents had to jump through agency hoops and write checks, they really wanted you badly.

Mine did.

If you don't, then don't do it. But think about this: what will the kid you don't adopt get? Will it be better than you, with whatever imperfections you have?

Tom

Fireside_Hindu

Jai Lakshmi Maa
As a child in a mixed family (5 biological siblings, 4 adopted) I can say that if and when we decide to have children, adoption will most certainly be on the table. There are so many children that need families.

:camp:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
No. Because I find it unethical to contribute to human overpopulation, so I will absolutely NOT be having my own biological children in the first place.

MD

qualiaphile
I always wanted to adopt a child as well as having my own, but all my exes were against it

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I value adoption over biology, personally. The only reason I can think of to prefer a biological child would be if I already had it without planning to.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I am not having any more children, biologically or adopted, until it is legal to tazer them.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I am not having any more children, biologically or adopted, until it is legal to tazer them.
It is legal.
Getting caught is what is illegal.

Whenever people complain about childrens behavior I always recommend "Uncle Toms all purpose child care solution".
Duct tape. (Hint: the cheap stuff works fine).

Now I can get brownie points for offering to babysit without the bother of my offer being accepted:yes:

Tom

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Absolutely. After I retire who knows, though I have my own child I may adopt one from Nepal.

Om Namah Sivaya

illykitty

RF's pet cat
If I decide to have children someday, adoption will be the way to go. I don't want to have biological children for many reasons. But as it is now, I don't want any children at all.

Malvika Soori

Enjoy the time
Guys, I know that its not an easy thing to do but just think about that if a couple wants a baby in their future then it is necessary to have blood relation with the kid? Personally I don't think that here should be any issue. Yeah but your partner will not understand you so if he/she loves you then give him/her some time to think that it is a honorable think to adopt a child. Children are like God so accept it.....

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I don't want kids (at least for the foreseeable future), but I would have no issue with adoption. Even if I had biological children of my own.