• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woman's menstruating on man he is unclean

Arlanbb

Lev. 15:24 says that a man that lies with a woman who is menstruating and it touches him he is unclean for seven days. My question is how is anyone going to know if the menstruating touches the man?? arlan

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Lev. 15:24 says that a man that lies with a woman who is menstruating and it touches him he is unclean for seven days. My question is how is anyone going to know if the menstruating touches the man?? arlan
I'd say that rule takes for granted the existence of a God who knows everything you do. In context, whether other people know about it is irrelevant.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Use your eyes man.......:eek:

Jehonadab

Are you asking this question like if I wanted to keep it form someone who would know or are you asking how would a man now he touched a mestruating woman?

Arlanbb

First of all what does "lies" with a woman mean, having sex or just sleeping in the same bed? Second if you were having sex you knew you were touch by the discharge and if you washed it off who in the world [out side the two f you] would know that you were touched by the discharge and were unclean for 7 days?

Makaveli

Homoioi
Considering that Leviticus 18:22 states, "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable," then I believe that "lie" refers to intercourse, and not simply laying next to a woman. If that were the case, men who sleep in the same bed non-sexually would be considered sinful, or men who slept in a bed with his menstruating wife would never know if he is clean or not.

kai

ragamuffin
i ask you who really cares man? , really, who really cares?

ancient writings about things they knew little about, wake up and smell the Java(heard that one the other day and i have been dying to use it) its 2008 we know all about menstruating ,so get on with your life and stop worrying about what people worried about 3 or 4 thousand years ago.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
First of all what does "lies" with a woman mean, having sex or just sleeping in the same bed? Second if you were having sex you knew you were touch by the discharge and if you washed it off who in the world [out side the two f you] would know that you were touched by the discharge and were unclean for 7 days?
Arlan lies with a woman in the biblical sense is having sex. You would have to let your conscience by your guide when it comes to sex with her. Remember someone may be watching you......;) :D

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Regardless of whether it's void or not, why was it even a rule in the first place? So ridiculous and nonsensical. What a goofy, goofy god.
I think it is a pretty darn good excuse myself, instead of a headache, a woman can use her tampon, and say get out of my bed for a few days, I'm unclean....**thinks to herself, yeah! brilliant idea** Like a vacation from sex.....

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Wow..."vacation from sex"

Words I never expect or hope to hear coming from my mouth.....weeeird
Sometimes eating a meal is more enjoyable if you let yourself become very hungry first Stacey......Somethings are better if you let yourself anticipate them for a while.......:flirt:

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Sometimes eating a meal is more enjoyable if you let yourself become very hungry first Stacey......Somethings are better if you let yourself anticipate them for a while.......:flirt:

Yup, I agree...I've been anticipating for about a year now..:cover:

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Arlan lies with a woman in the biblical sense is having sex. You would have to let your conscience by your guide when it comes to sex with her. Remember someone may be watching you......;) :D

Shhh!!!! Don't tell people that! I don't want them seeing me!!! >_<

:p

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
I think it is a pretty darn good excuse myself, instead of a headache, a woman can use her tampon, and say get out of my bed for a few days, I'm unclean....**thinks to herself, yeah! brilliant idea** Like a vacation from sex.....

Back in the day I believe for most women sex wasn't enjoyable like it is now. I don't think there was as much fun stuff involved, at least not within Christianity. (I say that cause I know Indians were freaky. lol) It was more like an obligation that the men could call upon whenever they liked from thier wives. So maybe back then for women this was like a blessing in disguise. 7 day period, 2 or 3 days before and after for cleanliness sake. That is almost 15 days sex free.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Back in the day I believe for most women sex wasn't enjoyable like it is now. I don't think there was as much fun stuff involved, at least not within Christianity. (I say that cause I know Indians were freaky. lol) It was more like an obligation that the men could call upon whenever they liked from thier wives. So maybe back then for women this was like a blessing in disguise. 7 day period, 2 or 3 days before and after for cleanliness sake. That is almost 15 days sex free.

Yep, men didn't think women ever thought or fantasized about sex, and that they were supposed to be virginal in both their thoughts and deeds. Men would call upon their wives:

"I am happy now that George calls on my bedchamber less frequently than of old. As it is, I now endure but two calls a week, and when I hear his steps outside my door I lie down on my bed, close my eyes, open my legs and think of England."

That combined with people not knowing the real hidden treasure (the clitoris) and how to use it......well that made for some pretty lame sex.