• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Word of Faith debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocka21

Brother Rock
I am not sure why you feel that anyone who disagrees with you has to be bankrupt, though I would rather be financially bankrupt than morally so. I will keep believing the scriptures and disbelieving you.

wow,

i am morally bankrupt?

i don't believe i am financially or morally bankrupt. ( but you have your views)

keep believing the scriptures, but not just the way YOU want them to read.

if you have any more that you have trouble with. I will be happy to help.:angel2:

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Don't you understand? You just lack faith, just have faith in your heart and confess your healing and God has to obey because you used the law of faith, you must speak out your healing and you will be healed. :rolleyes:

Oh, of course. I just give them my money, swear off those Satan-inspired so called doctors, and just BELIEVE enough and then I'll be fit as a fiddle. :cover: Honestly, what's wrong with me.

I've never prayed for a cure, never prayed for all my health problems to just magically disappear. I've prayed for strength, I've prayed for inner peace, I've prayed for self-acceptance, I've prayed for my doctors, I've prayed that procedures will go well... but to ask G-d for things like money and material possessions they don't need and instant cures just, it rubs me the wrong way. It's so, it just seems so rude and tacky and self-serving. That's not what G-d is...

That's another thing that really bothers me about this thought process that people who have some sort of disability would be so much happier and better and la dee dah if only they were magically and instantly cured! For a lot of us, the shock of instantly being something else is just as bad as someone who suddenly has an accident and has to use a wheelchair.

rocka21

Brother Rock
Oh, of course. I just give them my money, swear off those Satan-inspired so called doctors, and just BELIEVE enough and then I'll be fit as a fiddle. :cover: Honestly, what's wrong with me.

I've never prayed for a cure, never prayed for all my health problems to just magically disappear. I've prayed for strength, I've prayed for inner peace, I've prayed for self-acceptance, I've prayed for my doctors, I've prayed that procedures will go well... but to ask G-d for things like money and material possessions they don't need and instant cures just, it rubs me the wrong way. It's so, it just seems so rude and tacky and self-serving. That's not what G-d is...

That's another thing that really bothers me about this thought process that people who have some sort of disability would be so much happier and better and la dee dah if only they were magically and instantly cured! For a lot of us, the shock of instantly being something else is just as bad as someone who suddenly has an accident and has to use a wheelchair.

then you would like Jesus very much, he INSTANTLY healed lots of people.

rocka21

Brother Rock

see what i mean? who's doctrine is this? or do you just make stuff up? is there a " word of faith" doctrine book? or are you lumping all preachers together? run along now........ go play.

rocka21

Brother Rock
What on earth you talking about?

please tell me that the mormons possess NO wealth and have given EVERYTHING they have to the poor.

please o please tell me this........
progress.gif

Bishka

Veteran Member
please tell me that the mormons possess NO wealth and have given EVERYTHING they have to the poor.

please o please tell me this........
progress.gif

I honestly do not have a clue of what you are talking about. If you could provide a link or even string together what you are so-avidly against I could properly formulate a response.

rocka21

Brother Rock
I honestly do not have a clue of what you are talking about. If you could provide a link or even string together what you are so-avidly against I could properly formulate a response.

sorry becky,

it was not directed at you, but at the other mormon who was throwing the " give all you have to the poor" scripture around. Trying to put that on me, when he or other ( most) mormons have not done so.

if they are going to teach this poverty mentality doctrine, why not be the first to live by it? if not, why judge me?

Bishka

Veteran Member
So, do you think the WOFers are sincere but deluded, or just con artists? Or do you think every Christian should have a Mercedes covered in gold leaf?

Most of them IMO are con artists, there may be a select few who actually believe this, but for the most part looking at how these people act/dress/etc., is so far from Jesus Christ, it's ridiculous.

rocka21

Brother Rock
Most of them IMO are con artists, there may be a select few who actually believe this, but for the most part looking at how these people act/dress/etc., is so far from Jesus Christ, it's ridiculous.

The president is also supplied with a home. According to the Salt Lake Tribune, Aug. 27, 1994, p. E1, the president of the LDS Church lives in a "downtown condominium, the official residence of church presidents." In the Salt Lake Tribune, Dec. 8, 1988, we read "The $1.2 million condominium at 40 N. State that is home to the president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will be exempt from property taxes, Salt Lake County commissioners ruled Tuesday."

utlm.org

yeah, thats ridiculous:cool:

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Word Of Faith doctrine really belongs exactly in the crowd it's marketed to - New Agers who don't want to let go of their childhood faith. It's nothing more than new age spirituality and spiritualism dressed up with Christian terminology.

Status
Not open for further replies.