• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Cheese!

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
My sister went on honeymoon to Sardinia where there is a type of cheese that comes with maggots in it, the maggots are a part of the cheese!
Yes, the Mediaevals did this, too.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Blue cheese is my favourite :D
There are quite a few blue cheeses. Try some real Stilton or Roquefort.

I can understand why some do not like blue cheese. But then I understand why the Japanese are not all that fond of cheese. The gene for lactose tolerance is not well spread their. So many do not even like milk. To make cheese, you take milk and let it go "bad". Okay, it is controlled, but it is a controlled spoiled milk. Then once you have cheese to make blue cheese you have to let it go bad again. The first time it was bacteria, the second time is was mold. Sounds terrible. But it isn't.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member

I can understand why some do not like blue cheese. But then I understand why the Japanese are not all that fond of cheese. The gene for lactose tolerance is not well spread their. So many do not even like milk. To make cheese, you take milk and let it go "bad". Okay, it is controlled, but it is a controlled spoiled milk. Then once you have cheese to make blue cheese you have to let it go bad again. The first time it was bacteria, the second time is was mold. Sounds terrible. But it isn't.
I regularly have Stilton, it's my favourite.

Roquefort was so-so, Danish blue I found better.

Love the mould.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
"American". Not even technically a cheese. It is often labeled "Processed cheese food".
Yeah, those individually wrapped slices are pretty nasty. But there is good American cheese.

Which cheese do you hate?
I've yet to come across one.

Unless you're counting head cheese. But that's not really cheese. It's just disgusting.

ETA: Adding any cheese with rennet to my "not eating it" list.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member

well, that's certainly a statement of preference rather than fact: it sounds terrible; it is terrible!

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Love blue cheeses, especially the 3 "greats" (Stilton, Gorgonzola and Roquefort), love all hard paste cheeses, especially Parm Reg, Pecorino Romano, and most soft cheese (Brie, Camembert and others).

I can easily live without Raclette, however. Smelly in a way that I find offensive.