• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst movie(s) you've seen?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Ace Ventura...Pet Detective

what was Jim Carey thinking?
and probably not

Mask....on the other hand.....was good
Liar Liar......not bad ....

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Probably my biggest disappointment to me was the movie "Jersey Boys". The play was utterly fantastic, imo, but the movie was terrible, only the songs making it tolerable.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I used to have a list of 5, but not sure I remember them all

1. The worst ever (for me) is "Eyes Wide Shut." I thought it was so slow, and so overhyped ...
My wife and I actually left the theatre before finishing our popcorn.

Acim

Revelation all the time
My wife and I actually left the theatre before finishing our popcorn.

Some in this thread are bad movies with almost no redeeming qualities. Eyes Wide Shut (EWS) does have redeeming qualities (i.e. most like the director). I've met people who thought it was amazing/good. Which is a tricky thing with films or any art. There are some (more like a couple) that have been mentioned by others in this thread that I kinda enjoyed. But then there are those that you wonder how the heck they got green lighted and budget to even be made. EWS is not in that category (as Kubrick probably could've had anything green lighted). But it really is at top of my list for worst movies I've ever seen. More cause I just love to hate on it at this point. It would be horrible watching it with me and a Kubrick fan that hasn't seen it. I'd likely ruin it for them, and probably wouldn't mind doing so.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Dishonorable mention goes to:
The Pink Panther with Steve Martin. This remake was an absolute insult to the original with the genius of Peter Sellers. I don't think I laughed once during this ordeal of a movie.

Me neither, but actually the sequel was much better in this case, worth a watch. still impossible to follow Peter Sellers though

any of the ' Human Centipede' collection

I was surprised how far grown adults would go when making a movie
and I wish they had not

True, I can't imagine anyone even admitting to thinking up something like that.. :eek: I used to love horror movies growing up in 70's and 80's, but the new stuff is way too much. oh well I guess that's what our parents thought too

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I think this is destined to be a very long thread!

Off the top of my head 'The Grey' with Liam Neeson. It's the only movie I ever saw in a theater, where the audience groaned and booed at the end.

I guess what makes a movie really terrible is the expectation, a good premise, great actors, full of potential, totally butchered
The Grey is my choice for most boring movie of all time. All. Time.
I fall asleep every time I try watching it.

Perditus

へびつかい座
but simply not in the same league as Peter Sellers.
Agreed 100%.

Sellers was a true artist.

Want to watch one of his great films? I recommend "The Party". Hysterical!

"Being There" was also good in its own way.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
I'm more perplexed as to why Steve Martin would think to attempt the movie. A very funny guy, at times, but simply not in the same league as Peter Sellers.

he he, that face is hilarious on it's own. Martin might have done this better when he was younger, his makeup is a little distracting in the movie...

I'll post this since it's kinda on theme for this forum! (best skip to 5:00)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Crash (2004)
Out of Africa (1985)
A Serious Man (2009)
The Skeleton Twins (2014)
Arthur (1981)
Big Daddy (1999)
Prince Of Space (1959)
The Lonely Lady (1983)

That's all I can think of (that I've actually seen).

Those were all my favorite movies.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Those were all my favorite movies.
I don't know what to say......
Either counseling or drugs might cure you,
but you'd have to talk to a professional.

I wonder if anyone else here has actually
watched Prince Of Space? It must've been 50
years since I saw it, but it was memorably bad.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I don't know what to say......
Either counseling or drugs might cure you,
but you'd have to talk to a professional.

Nothing can help. Well, maybe money, eh. Send me money.

Speaking of movies, way back when I was a wee'un, I dreamt about seeing the movie Portnoy's Complaint. So it was on somewhere, my cousin took me, and right away I fell asleep. Couldn't have been very good.

We used to get B horror movies at the drive-in theater for Sunday night double features. There was one called Horror House, but the guy who announced it the previous week thought it would be fun to mispronounce 'horror' just slightly to a somewhat more risque sounding word. He got the best laugh of the night. Teenagers!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064443/

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Pretty much any disney movie

As a Disney fan, this hurts my soul. :oops:

But to answer the OP, I think I give my answer as a spoiler. Since it has a title questionable by RF standards.

Freddy Got Fingered (2001)