• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

would you be god if you had the opportunity?

kloth

god, higher being or whatever you wanna call it.

what would you do differently?

just a hypothetical question.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As a god, I would speak into existence.....
- The bacon tree
- Calorie free chocolate
- The Wire, season 6
- Deadwood, season 4
- A virus deadly only to Jar Jar Binks, who actually exists in one universe.

Evee

I nominate Revoltingest for new god on the strength of calorie-free chocolate and excellent TV.

If I were god, I'd give receipts for prayers. Just so you know I got 'em.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I would easily take the position and do the following actions....

A) Rally the most untalented singers, celebrities and entertainers known to mankind such as Beyonce, every rapper, Justin Beiber, Halle Berry, Lady Gaga...oh hell lets just say all of them because Hell is exactly where I will put them!

B) Create a lavish Palace that is 200,000,000 square miles and floats adrift in space and rest on flat surface.

C) Subjugate all of mankind as my slaves, servants and pets. I may remove free will from whom I so choose.

D) Entitle all of them to worship me for eternity.

E) I will destroy them all then start a new just for the hell of it.

F) Wash, rinse, repeat, then laugh :biglaugh:

I am a cruel hedonistic deity :D

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
fantôme profane;3354055 said:
Threads like this are one reason I believe there is no God. Nobody wants the job.

The issue is that these people are humans believing that god can be related to humans.
God is god, not human.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
It is written.....'ye ARE gods'...

Unless of course you have no real ability to perform as such.
Then you are dust.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Maybe the god of a specific planet or two, or a lesser god, sure.

Mwahaha. Cower, mortals, before my wrath; you think God is bad in the Bible? You ain't seen nothing yet. :p

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I doubt the job is easy and it definitely takes a lot of responsibility, but if offered I can't say I'd turn it down.

I mean, I can't even keep my room organized but if I could there's no way I'd say no.

Kerr

Being the slightly neurotic and insecure freakshow I am, I am not sure I actually want to think of what I might do as God :p.

Me Myself

Back to my username
If god job comes with omnipotence, you could simply make yourself a good enough god :D

Kowledge and organisation are defintely a form of power, so sure, with the proos, anyone can be God :D