• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you date someone black/African?

Absolute Zero

fon memories
Would you date someone black or African ? Some people that I have talked have said that most other people do not find people of the content of africa atrractive because of facial structure or the way they where brought up,mainly people of white america who don't have the desire to date out of there race.Note (I do not belive in the concept of race and this is not meant to be offenceive in anyway) just a observation I have witness in high school by some young perers who have stated that they would never go out with a black guy or get his gentalia in them or something of the sought.I have also heard of the talk of a associate of mind having people say when she was going out with someone of latin descent if she was afraid of getting jungle fevor.

So I have to ask is it conditioning or what.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
From the few make-shift surveys I've done on the matter, as a black guy, I've found that people are generally more attracted to the predominant race of the area in which they grew up (assuming they were in one place for the majority of their childhood/adolescence).

So regardless of race, if you grow up around mostly whites, you'll be attracted primarily to whites. If you grow up around mostly blacks, you'll be attracted to primarily blacks. If you grow up around mostly Hispanics, then you'll be attracted primarily to Hispanics. The question is whether or not you go beyond that and I think any resistance to doing so stems from a natural human resistance to the unfamiliar.

Absolute Zero

fon memories
I see thank you for your thought out example.Also nice pic are you a fan of bleach or anime in genral ? the captin is one of my favorite characters besides kisuke and Aizen.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I am attacted to the bodies types of India's women first, Latina's second and African's third. Europeans are at the bottom of the list.

I married a Latina

All my relatives myself and school mates were european. I first met indians in college.

MissAlice

Would you date someone black/African?

Yes and I have but it would mostly depend on their personality.

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
I did before I married. To TheKnight's point, I grew up with family of diverse backgrounds - black, Chippewa, and white.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Absolutely. In my single days, I would have.

Race is only as much of an obstacle as it is made out to be, in my opinion. If people don't think it's a big deal, it's not a big deal for them.

My $0.02.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Just look at the ratio of mixed-race couples you see to get the most generally accurate answer.

Also, I'm going to go out on a limb and say unless she had lighter skin, more caucasian-esque features, and was primarily "white" culturally, then probably not. The reality is that the number of black women not from what is generally considered a "white" cultural background, who would date a white guy like me, is probably very small anyway.

Just my opinion as somebody who grew up in various mixed and minority-heavy areas.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
I see thank you for your thought out example.Also nice pic are you a fan of bleach or anime in genral ? the captin is one of my favorite characters besides kisuke and Aizen.

I am. Mayuri-taicho is my favorite of the captains. Although Ill be honest that I havent really kept up with Bleach as much as I should...I like Naruto much better.

But I disgress, this is not the place for such a discussion.

Erebus

It depends really. If I liked somebody enough I'd date them regardless of their ethnicity.

As far as preference is concerned I like European and Middle Eastern/Indian girls best. At the end of the day though, this is no more important in determining who I date than the fact I prefer brunettes to blondes and short girls to tall girls, it's just a general physical preference ;)

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
I don't know how to say this without sounding horribly racist, but I don't think I've ever once found a black woman to be attractive. My penis just doesn't like them. In fact, the only two physical types of women that I can think of that I've consistently NOT formed crushes with are fat women and black women (and perhaps Native Americans, but that's because I don't think I've ever met any).

No clue why, I'm fine with other dark-skinned races...

Typically, almost everyone I've grown up around has been white for some reason. However, I tend to be more attracted to Asian girls, especially INDIAN girls :drool:. For some reason, white girls (especially the skinnier ones) generally come across to me as being more submissive (though not always), and my penis doesn't like that all of the time.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
From the few make-shift surveys I've done on the matter, as a black guy, I've found that people are generally more attracted to the predominant race of the area in which they grew up (assuming they were in one place for the majority of their childhood/adolescence).

So regardless of race, if you grow up around mostly whites, you'll be attracted primarily to whites. If you grow up around mostly blacks, you'll be attracted to primarily blacks. If you grow up around mostly Hispanics, then you'll be attracted primarily to Hispanics. The question is whether or not you go beyond that and I think any resistance to doing so stems from a natural human resistance to the unfamiliar.
I grew up as an army brat.
Meaning I grew up around blacks, whites, northerners, southerners, democrats, republicans, etc.

Based upon my experiences, I have to agree with you.

Yes and I have but it would mostly depend on their personality.
This is the biggest deciding factor me.

Well, my wife frowns on me dating anyone now.
My wife told me I can look, I can flirt, I can even drool, but I better not touch without her notarized written permission in triplicate...

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Well, my wife frowns on me dating anyone now.;)

But yes, In my single days I would, and have done so.
Lol... you took the joke I was going to make! :D

My history with girls/women isn't exactly a sample size with a decent confidence interval (which may have something to do with the fact that I apply stats to dating ;) ), so while I've never dated any African/Black girls/women, I was kinda into a Botswanan girl at one point... but then at my first keg party I puked down her leg, which I think ended any chances I might've had with her. :eek:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I don't have anything against dating Black women, but in practice, I haven't met many I'm sexually attracted to. Then again, I've been celibate for 18 years, and I'm not sexually attracted to most White women, either. I'm sexually attracted to women in crisp sailor outfits with lavish tail feathers, and not many women of any race or ethnic group are deep down like that.