• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you date someone black/African?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I'm sexually attracted to women in crisp sailor outfits with lavish tail feathers, and not many women of any race or ethnic group are deep down like that.
When I read that, I immediately thought of a parallel dimension where Meow Mix and Songbird had a daughter together. :D

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I grew up in a multiracial family, and my first husband was African American. We had four children together. After our divorce, I married a "white boy" and he's my soulmate - but that has little or nothing to do with the color of his skin. I simply do not care what color someone is - I care about their character and personality (and it helps a lot of they're hot as well!).

My multiracial kids are dating and marrying whoever they want to. My oldest daugther married a white guy from the Midwest. My youngest daughter married a guy who is Sicilian, Puerto Rican, and Panamanian. My oldest son is dating a Korean girl. My youngest son is dating a white girl from Texas.

I say I don't care about color, and I DON'T. But there are some groups I've never "explored," mostly because I just wasn't overly attracted to them. For instance, I neer dated anyone Hispanic. Not sure why - except that most Hispanic men are shorter than me. Same with Asian guys.

I like manly men - and as long as they are very masculine and in a sense, powerful, I am not all that attracted to them.

When I got divorced I felt like a kid in a candy shop! Now I'm very happily married and don't long for those dating days, but it was fun while it lasted.

Rakhel

I have found some black men and women attracting. would I date them? I honestly can't answer that without coming off as racist myself.
While my mother taught me to never hate a person based on the color of their skin, she did teach me that it was in my best interest not to date a black man. (I have mentioned this in another thread, btw) She told me that she was more afraid of the hatred and discrimination that would be directed toward my children than anything. So up to now I would say no I would not.
But I will say that, like with white men and women, I do find certain black people more attractive than others of the same race. It is mostly the attitude that attracts me. The way they hold themselves. What they are wearing.

Example I just saw a picture of Rhianna today that I thought made her downright sexy. It wasn't of her wearing the bikini top and daisy dukes, looking half naked. It was of her wearing a simple black dress. The bikini top/daisy dukes just made her look like a trailer park whore("$34.50 for a Round-the-world").
That's just my opinion.

MissAlice

It's funny looking back at this thread. People seem to have a preference for a particular race which isn't racist just a preference. Can't help but also notice most guys do not find african women attractive. I never really had this problem. I was not raised around asians but I find many asian guys attractive as well other guys of creed. I wonder why this is or am I the only one? Perhaps people confuse culture with race? Anyway just something I notice not just here but with people in general. I never could identify with this preference when it came to race or creed.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I have. I've dated men of many different races and ethnicities. Well...I don't know if you could use the word "date" with all of them :p:flirt: Color doesn't really mean anything to me and never really has. I didn't really grow up in a diverse area though. I guess I just never learned that there were any differences or taboos or whatnot. If I like a guy, if I think he's hot, if we "click"...then why not? Well, I guess my husband might be the "why not" now:p...but as a single...yeah.

Rakhel

It's funny looking back at this thread. People seem to have a preference for a particular race which isn't racist just a preference. Can't help but also notice most guys do not find african women attractive. I never really had this problem. I was not raised around asians but I find many asian guys attractive as well other guys of creed. I wonder why this is or am I the only one? Perhaps people confuse culture with race? Anyway just something I notice not just here but with people in general. I never could identify with this preference when it came to race or creed.
you may be right. it may very well be culture as opposed to race. Like I said, I prefer someone that doesn't come off as trailer park whore(which is different from trailer trash. Trust me, there is a difference.) And I have found that it doesn't matter what race they are. I also don't like snotty knowitalls either. I mean, it is one thing to know it all, it is another to be snooty about it.

but all this is moot. I can only date a black woman if she can date my husband at the same time.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I don't have anything against dating Black women, but in practice, I haven't met many I'm sexually attracted to. Then again, I've been celibate for 18 years, and I'm not sexually attracted to most White women, either. I'm sexually attracted to women in crisp sailor outfits with lavish tail feathers, and not many women of any race or ethnic group are deep down like that.

I can certainly do the crisp sailor outfit thing, maybe even throw on my medals, but as for the tail feathers...I might have to go pluck something. :D

MissAlice

I have. I've dated men of many different races and ethnicities. Well...I don't know if you could use the word "date" with all of them :p:flirt: Color doesn't really mean anything to me and never really has. I didn't really grow up in a diverse area though. I guess I just never learned that there were any differences or taboos or whatnot. If I like a guy, if I think he's hot, if we "click"...then why not? Well, I guess my husband might be the "why not" now:p...but as a single...yeah.

Oh good I'm not the only one. Now if I got to know the guy and he turned out to be a womanizer or player or thought he was king of the hill like Hank, that'd be an issue of itself.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

Was there "culture shock" as far as your dating experience, though?

MissAlice

Was there "culture shock" as far as your dating experience, though?

No not really. His family on the otherhand...or maybe it was my perception, but his mother and sister didn't act comfortable around me. Then again I have AS which means my social skills are little limited. Other than that I got along great with him and he was just as quirky as myself. We both felt like we didn't fit in anywhere.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to add, they were deeply religious, baptists. He and I were a little open about out lack of beliefs. He hated going to church but told me he didn't want to disappoint his mother. That may have been why she wasn't crazy about me.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
No not really. His family on the otherhand...or maybe it was my perception, but his mother and sister didn't act comfortable around me. Then again I have AS which means my social skills are little limited. Other than that I got along great with him and he was just as quirky as myself. We both felt like we didn't fit in anywhere.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to add, they were deeply religious, baptists. He and I were a little open about out lack of beliefs. He hated going to church but told me he didn't want to disappoint his mother. That may have been why she wasn't crazy about me.

lol...That might be a problem i suppose :D. Although Baptists are accepting when compared to some other religious groups...

Rakhel

Hey I used to live in one myself. that's how I know the difference. And not everyone in a trailer park is trash.

MissAlice

lol...That might be a problem i suppose :D. Although Baptists are accepting when compared to some other religious groups...

You know I thought so when I met some of the people there and I loved the music. My grandmother's church was very boring. Nothing but simple hymns without much rhythm or feeling. I may not be religious but I did get goosebumps when it was time for the choir to sing and the preachers to speak. They were very vocal and loud. I guess you could say it was a cultural experience much alien to the one I was raised by.