• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you date someone black/African?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I agree, UV.

I am not particularly attracted to black men - but I was married to one for 11 years. It wasn't his physical features which attracted me though.

I come from a military family, so I grew up surrounded by men and women from many different ethnic groups. I am attracted to men who have a sort of military bearing, if that makes sense - masculine, clean cut, sharp, powerful, disciplined, courteous but blunt - it's sort of a hard trait to explain, but I know it when I see it. They don't have to have actually spent a day in the military to have that quality by the way.

Since I grew up around men of many races who exhibited those characteristics, I was already comfortable with different races. So when I met my ex husband (who is now a colonel in the Army) I was attracted to his personality and bearing. Yes, he was also good looking but that wasn't the biggest draw.

Culturally and as far as expectations and goals went, we were on the same sheet of music. Our divorce had nothing to do with our different skin tones and everything to do with his refusal to acknowledge and address his serious emotional issues stemming from a dysfunctional childhood.

MissAlice

I think cultural differences (in general)
are what often cause problems in relationships.

Race in and of itself? :shrug:
It would only be a matter of physical attraction.

I would never get involved with anyone outside my own culture again.
:no:
There are those of different races however,
that do share my culture.

You know I went on a dating site and this guy seemed nice. I thought perhaps we could hit it off, he's from Sri Lanka. But instead of dating, he wanted to marry me. I thought, is this a joke? He took it personal as if I were making fun of him. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it but I couldn't understand why he was on a dating site. Still I don't think everyone is bad to hang out with who are from other cultures. Some cultures are so mixed with other cultures, that it's really like being in a melting pot, at least here in the US.

pwfaith

Would you date someone black or African ?

I think it's a matter of attraction. I've seen some black guys that I would date (if I weren't married) :D I dated a guy that was hispanic when I was in high school. When I was dating I was just naturally more attracted to white or hispanic guys. But that also could have been b/c there simply were not many african or black guys in our school or church. I have a couple good friends who are white and more attracted to black guys. Doesn't matter to me, skin is only do deep. It's what is in the heart and how they treat a girl that matters, imo.

pwfaith

From the few make-shift surveys I've done on the matter, as a black guy, I've found that people are generally more attracted to the predominant race of the area in which they grew up (assuming they were in one place for the majority of their childhood/adolescence).

That's interesting. Wasn't true for me though. I grew up in a predominately white everything lol school, church, neighborhood. I lived in the same house from birth to graduation. Yet a part of me was always attracted to hispanic guys - really the only place I saw them was on TV and we had 1 in our school lol it was a small Christian school. And i thought he was just the stuff! I ended up meeting a guy that was hispanic on a mission trip and we dated for a little bit, but the long distance thing just didn't work out in high school.

Dena

If he was Jewish, sure! I'm married so it's a hypothetical question but you know what I mean.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Would you date someone black or African ? Some people that I have talked have said that most other people do not find people of the content of africa atrractive because of facial structure or the way they where brought up,mainly people of white america who don't have the desire to date out of there race.Note (I do not belive in the concept of race and this is not meant to be offenceive in anyway) just a observation I have witness in high school by some young perers who have stated that they would never go out with a black guy or get his gentalia in them or something of the sought.I have also heard of the talk of a associate of mind having people say when she was going out with someone of latin descent if she was afraid of getting jungle fevor.

So I have to ask is it conditioning or what.

I personally don't find them attractive. Not sure why though :/

I grew up in a largely East Indian and European neighbourhood. There are barely any black Canadians in British Columbia, and the ones who are here are generally in the North Vancouver area.

Would I date a black man? As long as he was super-cute, with some muscles to boot! n__n;

My last two boyfriends where pasty white, and I find that slightly boring (not like race matters much in the long run). Since I come from a Filipino background, my preference is for someone with some culture or ethnicity; Caucasians tend to have lost their cultural roots, while I am struggling to somehow or other maintain mine. I am strongly interested in Latino men, and also black, Indian, or Middle-Eastern men! Even Filipino men are attractive to me!

Unfortunately though, except for Filipinos, I have almost no interest in Asian men. It is very rare that I will find them attractive. For some reason, I just don't feel inclined to even pursue Asian guys.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I just can't resist. Sorry.

memes-successful-black-man.jpg

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Would you date someone black or African ? Some people that I have talked have said that most other people do not find people of the content of africa atrractive because of facial structure or the way they where brought up,mainly people of white america who don't have the desire to date out of there race.Note (I do not belive in the concept of race and this is not meant to be offenceive in anyway) just a observation I have witness in high school by some young perers who have stated that they would never go out with a black guy or get his gentalia in them or something of the sought.I have also heard of the talk of a associate of mind having people say when she was going out with someone of latin descent if she was afraid of getting jungle fevor.

So I have to ask is it conditioning or what.

It's possible. I am attracted to the female form.

I find all kinds of women attractive and always have. I know it sounds corny but, whats in a womans head matters just as much to me as the rest. Which constantly nags at me as to why I married my first wife ,other than the fact that she looked like Kathy Ireland. Young, dumb and full'a ..........I guess.:facepalm:
There was a girl I had a crush on when I was around 18 that was a cashier where I worked. When I finally got up the nerve to ask her out , she said it was nothing against me personally but she didn't date white guys. Man ,that sucked ,cause she was hot!
I was going to tell her I had African ancestry (which is true, on my father's side) but she probably wouldn't have believed me anyway.

ngupta

title used by customer
I don't know how to say this without sounding horribly racist, but I don't think I've ever once found a black woman to be attractive. My penis just doesn't like them. In fact, the only two physical types of women that I can think of that I've consistently NOT formed crushes with are fat women and black women (and perhaps Native Americans, but that's because I don't think I've ever met any).

No clue why, I'm fine with other dark-skinned races...

Typically, almost everyone I've grown up around has been white for some reason. However, I tend to be more attracted to Asian girls, especially INDIAN girls :drool:. For some reason, white girls (especially the skinnier ones) generally come across to me as being more submissive (though not always), and my penis doesn't like that all of the time.

Do you have conversations with your penis?

ngupta

title used by customer
you: Ah... my eyes and mind find that woman across the street very attractive. What do you think penis?

penis: nah kid, I'll make a pass on that one, don't fancy her at all

you: oh penis! why do you always have to be such a killjoy!?

you out in public: gee, have been having tough times with the women that I've met lately, just don't want to be in a relationship for some time...

penis: hey! look! see that chick with a piercing in her belly wearing black jacket! I like her!

you: I don't think she's my type, I don't want her

penis: the final verdict rests on me, you oughta like what I like, and what I like is only what you must have because I'm your penis and you must listen to me!

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
you: Ah... my eyes and mind find that woman across the street very attractive. What do you think penis?

penis: nah kid, I'll make a pass on that one, don't fancy her at all

you: oh penis! why do you always have to be such a killjoy!?

you out in public: gee, have been having tough times with the women that I've met lately, just don't want to be in a relationship for some time...

penis: hey! look! see that chick with a piercing in her belly wearing black jacket! I like her!

you: I don't think she's my type, I don't want her

penis: the final verdict rests on me, you oughta like what I like, and what I like is only what you must have because I'm your penis and you must listen to me!

Is that where the voices were coming from -twitch-