• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you date someone black/African?

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
How is asking about more than one group any less offensive than asking about one specific group?

It's not.

And the ONLY thing that will show is that there are people who are prejudiced, people who are not prejudiced but stilled labeled as such, people who are prejudiced but not labeled as such, and people who are not prejudiced.

What it will NOT do, however, is explain how asking a question is offensive.

I agree.

Averroes

Exactly.
I like big girls, I guesss you'de call me a chubby chaser. In fact , I am turned off by really skinny women. Does that make me predjudiced.
We are talking about sexual attraction here (NOT A PERSONS CHOICE), but, I thought there was a racial quality to the question that might border oN innapropriate. Then again we've been conditioned to think that way these days, to the detriment of open communication IMO.

Actually you are a chubby chaser lol

Averroes

Would you date someone black or African ? Some people that I have talked have said that most other people do not find people of the content of africa atrractive because of facial structure or the way they where brought up,mainly people of white america who don't have the desire to date out of there race.Note (I do not belive in the concept of race and this is not meant to be offenceive in anyway) just a observation I have witness in high school by some young perers who have stated that they would never go out with a black guy or get his gentalia in them or something of the sought.I have also heard of the talk of a associate of mind having people say when she was going out with someone of latin descent if she was afraid of getting jungle fevor.

So I have to ask is it conditioning or what.

Anyway I never answered your question......

Sexual attraction especially along the racial lines depends heavily on culture, geography, cultural attitudes and to a certain extent education. If you live in a particular part of town or area that is heavily racist and is culturally bias yes you will have those attitudes.

In my college days I was a sex connoisseur, so I can comment on the genitalia of the black man lol

I've had intercourse with all kinds of women and from different backgrounds and nationalities. I've even had intercourse with women who aren't even attracted to AA (African-American) guys. Maybe its because of my "swag" or because I am an attractive dude or because of my personality.

Most foreign women are attracted to black guys because most foreigners are influenced by the media. From negative images of black men to positive, women will definitely view black men according to what they see in the media. The most common thing I hear from women is that black men are the most well endowed. Now, statiatically I've heard it to be true ( 1/2 inch more than whites), but regardless whether it is or isn't is not the point, its the mental influence that if they believe it to be true and have encountered a guy that was well endowed, they'll believe all black men are. So, I have been riding that wave all my three years in college (I graduated early). As far as American women are concerned the same applies.

Anyway I never answered your question......

Sexual attraction especially along the racial lines depends heavily on culture, geography, cultural attitudes and to a certain extent education. If you live in a particular part of town or area that is heavily racist and is culturally bias yes you will have those attitudes.

In my college days I was a sex connoisseur, so I can comment on the genitalia of the black man lol

I've had intercourse with all kinds of women and from different backgrounds and nationalities. I've even had intercourse with women who aren't even attracted to AA (African-American) guys. Maybe its because of my "swag" or because I am an attractive dude or because of my personality.

Most foreign women are attracted to black guys because most foreigners are influenced by the media. From negative images of black men to positive, women will definitely view black men according to what they see in the media. The most common thing I hear from women is that black men are the most well endowed. Now, statiatically I've heard it to be true ( 1/2 inch more than whites), but regardless whether it is or isn't is not the point, its the mental influence that if they believe it to be true and have encountered a guy that was well endowed, they'll believe all black men are. So, I have been riding that wave all my three years in college (I graduated early). As far as American women are concerned the same applies.

But if sexual attraction can be influenced by culture, as you suggest, one might also argue that homosexual influences in culture can effect sexual attraction. Can't have it both ways.

Averroes

But if sexual attraction can be influenced by culture, as you suggest, one might also argue that homosexual influences in culture can effect sexual attraction. Can't have it both ways.

Eh, well its a bit more complex than that but for face value yeah it would appear that way.

cablescavenger

Would you date someone black or African ? Some people that I have talked have said that most other people do not find people of the content of africa atrractive because of facial structure or the way they where brought up,mainly people of white america who don't have the desire to date out of there race.Note (I do not belive in the concept of race and this is not meant to be offenceive in anyway) just a observation I have witness in high school by some young perers who have stated that they would never go out with a black guy or get his gentalia in them or something of the sought.I have also heard of the talk of a associate of mind having people say when she was going out with someone of latin descent if she was afraid of getting jungle fevor.

We are all Africans, just under the surface.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I am married now, but when I did date, I wouldn't have turned anyone down for something as superficial as skin tone. ;) I dated men of all nationalities and ethnic groups. This was back in the 80s and early 90s. I liked a guy once and a girl commented "Oh, you like dark meat"- I am not sure if that was offensive or not. :)

illykitty

RF's pet cat
If they had a terrific personality that matches mine, I would date them. Personality is the most important factor, and when someone is amazing, it makes them look attractive, in my opinion! ^_^ Besides there is undesirable features in every race and we're all so varried... Not all people of one ethnicity have the same traits!

Oh and as for background, I grew up around white people. There was no other ethnicities in my school. o_o' And just for the record, I'm white (half Canadian -born there- half Hungarian) and married to a white British man.

dust1n

Zindīq
I'd prefer it. In fact, I want to visit every national before I do if you know what I'm saying. And on black/African wouldn't be enough cause there is like 3000 ethic variations, and all of it is fictitious anyways.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
The question in itself maybe to non-blacks, is not offensive to them but since we want to do wordplay how about I start threads saying the following?

"Would you date a pink toe aka white girl?"

"Would you date a yellow girl?" AKA Asian

"Would you date a brown girl?" AKA Hispanic

Harmless as it may seem, at some point some member of the aforementioned questions will be offended. In my experience white people are very good at this- making comments or statements and asking why it is offensive. Ssainhu had the right idea perhaps if the question was worded different my approach would be different.

Race is still a sensitive topic even though its almost 2012

Besides the question is worded badly. For one, there aren,t many humans who are literally black. Two, Africans covers a wide spectrum of nationalities-for instance you have African-Cuban, African-Puerto Rican, African American etc So if you are targeting Blacks be more specific on the nationality qnd if you are talking about Africans which Africans are you referring to? (Turns Sarcasm Off)

Perhaps my sensitivities of these types of questions comes as the result of some form of cultural PTSD due to slavery and continued civil rights issues that my "people" and ancestors fought so hard for, for hundreds of years OR I am just one sensitive guy on the internet.
Yes, there are those who are going to be offended regardless.
I for one see no reason to pander them.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
See post #99
Post #99 does not answer the question in any way shape or form.

In fact, the only thing post #99 does show is that regardless of the question, some people will go to great lengths to be offended instead of merely discussing the topic.

Averroes

Post #99 does not answer the question in any way shape or form.

In fact, the only thing post #99 does show is that regardless of the question, some people will go to great lengths to be offended instead of merely discussing the topic.

I digress

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
The question in itself maybe to non-blacks, is not offensive to them but since we want to do wordplay how about I start threads saying the following?

"Would you date a pink toe aka white girl?"

"Would you date a yellow girl?" AKA Asian

"Would you date a brown girl?" AKA Hispanic

Harmless as it may seem, at some point some member of the aforementioned questions will be offended. In my experience white people are very good at this- making comments or statements and asking why it is offensive. Ssainhu had the right idea perhaps if the question was worded different my approach would be different.

Race is still a sensitive topic even though its almost 2012

Besides the question is worded badly. For one, there aren,t many humans who are literally black. Two, Africans covers a wide spectrum of nationalities-for instance you have African-Cuban, African-Puerto Rican, African American etc So if you are targeting Blacks be more specific on the nationality qnd if you are talking about Africans which Africans are you referring to? (Turns Sarcasm Off)

Perhaps my sensitivities of these types of questions comes as the result of some form of cultural PTSD due to slavery and continued civil rights issues that my "people" and ancestors fought so hard for, for hundreds of years OR I am just one sensitive guy on the internet.

If the reason you were offended is the wording of the question, rather than the question itself, then I have no problem with that. Just wondering how you would have worded the question.

Vivekananda

sure i would like to date if she's having good personality and if she understands me very well...