• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you marry a gay couple...

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I believe one can never join what doesn't fit and any carpenter could tell you that or maybe you have heard the saying that you can't put a square peg in a round hole.
I think your mind might be in the gutter, of course two people who love each other fit together, its not just all about sexual organs fitting, there's more to love than just that.

Last edited:

Draka

Wonder Woman
I think your mind might be in the gutter, of course two people who love each other fit together, its no just all about sexual organs fitting, there's more to love than just that.
I went there with the tabs in slots thing because I knew full well that's what he was referring to. That's all that is referred to for many people on this subject. As if it only ever has to do with sex. They can't seem to ever broach the subject of love. It's as if love doesn't exist for homosexuals to them.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I went there with the tabs in slots thing because I knew full well that's what he was referring to. That's all that is referred to for many people on this subject. As if it only ever has to do with sex. They can't seem to ever broach the subject of love. It's as if love doesn't exist for homosexuals to them.
So true, I don't think these people truly know what love is.

Draka

Wonder Woman
The one thing most heterosexuals dont understand. Empathy has died in this world. Do you really have to be homosexual to understand this statement!
I truly don't think most heterosexuals don't understand. It's a loud group that shovels the crap that is heard against homosexuality, but I don't see it being so large a group as to qualify as "most" heterosexuals. They are just extremely loud and annoying as to seem bigger than they are.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
The one thing most heterosexuals dont understand. Empathy has died in this world. Do you really have to be homosexual to understand this statement!
Yes but I think that works both ways, if one side doesn't have empathy, then they don't understand the other, homosexual or whatever.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Since it relates to this old thread...

I was recently asked to marry a gay couple after word got out that I would officiate that kind of ceremony. They chose a park with a scenic backdrop of the Appalachian Mountain chain here in Alabama. Supposedly they are expecting 200 or so family/friends to be there. Got to polish up on my speech. :)

I told them I don't charge any fees, but knowing those two they will probably slip me a Benjamin or 2. :cool:

idav

Being
Premium Member
Since it relates to this old thread...

I was recently asked to marry a gay couple after word got out that I would officiate that kind of ceremony. They chose a park with a scenic backdrop of the Appalachian Mountain chain here in Alabama. Supposedly they are expecting 200 or so family/friends to be there. Got to polish up on my speech. :)

I told them I don't charge any fees, but knowing those two they will probably slip me a Benjamin or 2. :cool:
That's awesome!:thumbsup:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I was recently asked to marry a gay couple after word got out that I would officiate that kind of ceremony.
Out of curiosity, how does Mrs Neo feel about this?
Part of the reason I ask is that I could imagine a substantial interest in the service. A Reverend willing to do gay weddings might not be easy to come by in your neck of the woods.
I doubt you'd make much money. But I expect it would be pleasant and very appreciated.
Tom

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Out of curiosity, how does Mrs Neo feel about this?
Part of the reason I ask is that I could imagine a substantial interest in the service. A Reverend willing to do gay weddings might not be easy to come by in your neck of the woods.
I doubt you'd make much money. But I expect it would be pleasant and very appreciated.
Tom

She too, is a Libertarian and fusses at me if I lean too far right on certain issues. Yes, this Bible Belt area is rather difficult to express the message that all are entitled to the same rights, but we're getting there. The old schoolers are retiring or dying off, so the young bloods are stepping up and things are becoming more progressive. I don't do it for the money. :)

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
Many are aware that I have created my own spiritual-religious system. If I were to construct for it a temple of worship, and ran the congression as I saw fit, than I would "marry" only those whom I personally declare worthy of experiencing my spiritual-religious system, my culture and rituals, my temple and the gods these things were designed to honor. Anyone who I feel is a disgrace to my gods or my spiritual-religious system would be forbidden from entering, and openly denied in their request to "'marry" or experience any of our other sacred rituals.

I would be under no obligation whatsoever to appease anyone's desire of marrying in a place specifically designed to honor my gods and my culture, my spiritual-religious system. As such, I support the choice of others to do the same, in their temples built to reflect their culture and their god(s) and their spiritual-religious system. That they would openly deny marriage requests from those they feel disgrace their gods and culture, regardless of who feels "discriminated" against, is something I naturally one hundred percent agree with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Ah, but tab A doesn't always have to go in slot B though, slot C works too.
You can put all kinds of things in your mouth but if you eat poison mushrooms you could die. I believe just as there is appropriate eating there is appropriate sex.