• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WoW FTW!

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Ok, so T and I can't be the only people who play World of Warcraft. So, who else plays this wonderful MMORPG?

I play on Thunderhorn, mostly on Horde side. I have a 60 undead warlock, and I help run the awesome Gothic Bunnies. =)

Alliance. Although after I get my Hunter up to lvl 60, I plan on making a Horde Shaman. Dragonblight is the name of my server. What about you?

I used to play on Alliance side when I first started, but after I hit around 30, all my friends crossed over. Horde side is a lot of fun, though I guess it depends on the server.
Shammies are rough though, I tried one once and I totally couldn't get the hang of it. Druids are really complicated too.

Are you going to play the new races when BC comes out or are you going to wait until the rush dies down?

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
I just started a few months ago. I've got lvl 26 Night Elf Hunter. Of course if played it religiously, I would probably be in my 30's by now.

I was going to be a Warlock, but I my buddy was telling me about the whole soul shard thing. Didn't sound too appealing.

Did you summon a Doom Guard yet?

MaddLlama said:
Are you going to play the new races when BC comes out or are you going to wait until the rush dies down?
Heck yeah! after seeing the Blood Elves do the Napoleon Dynamite dance, how could I resist? :p

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I play on Azgalor, Hord side. I used to have a lvl 60 undead warlock (and I miss him sorly), a 58 Undead Priest, 40 Tauren Shaman, and 38 Orc Warrior. I just got the CE, and had to create a new account to use it, so now I have a lvl 10 Undead Mage.
I was going to be a Warlock, but I my buddy was telling me about the whole soul shard thing. Didn't sound too appealing.
It's a pain at first. You just have to experiement with what works for you. I prefer to stock up while I'm playing the battle grounds or going through an instance. For summoning, during the battle grounds you only need one or two, more if you want to change pets throughout it. I think it was shadow blast that used to give two soul shards when you killed using it, but it was fixed to only give one. And warlocks will have a hard time getting into groups until about lvl 30. Once a lock hits lvl 40, thier power spikes, and at lvl 60, you can literally take on multiple oponents at once and kill them all.
Shamans are also pretty good. Just make sure you quest to get the totems.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Mister_T said:

It's not so bad. It only took me a few levels to get used to it. Only problem is when there's a raid, and I don't have enough. Then I have to spend time beforhand farming them up.

Did you summon a Doom Guard yet?

No....I can't seem to find the reagents. =(

Heck yeah! after seeing the Blood Elves do the Napoleon Dynamite dance, how could I resist? :p

LOL
When it comes out there are going to be hundreds of naked dancing Blood Elves in the newb areas.

The draenei look pretty cool too.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Shadow Wolf said:
Once a lock hits lvl 40, thier power spikes, and at lvl 60, you can literally take on multiple oponents at once and kill them all.

DoT's are the shiznit.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Shadow Wolf said:
I play on Azgalor, Hord side. I used to have a lvl 60 undead warlock (and I miss him sorly), a 58 Undead Priest, 40 Tauren Shaman, and 38 Orc Warrior. I just got the CE, and had to create a new account to use it, so now I have a lvl 10 Undead Mage
Yowza! You've been busy. I was aloso thinking about doing a Mage at some point. I like the idea of being able to take out mutiple targets at once.

Shadow Wolf said:
Shamans are also pretty good. Just make sure you quest to get the totems
Hope it's better than Hunter questing :sleep:

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
It's not so bad. It only took me a few levels to get used to it. Only problem is when there's a raid, and I don't have enough. Then I have to spend time beforhand farming them up.
I've got the same problem with ammo and pet food (Although it's probably easier for me to get foo than it is for a lock to get soul shards). My class is all ranged. So if I'm in a raid and I run out of ammo I'm kinda screwed since I only have like 2 melee abilities.

I've got a turtle for a pet and for some reason they eat more than the others. So if you run out of food, kiss your tanking goodbye. Although I more than likeley won't use my pet in a raid. They're great for soloing though.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Mister_T said:
I've got the same problem with ammo and pet food (Although it's probably easier for me to get foo than it is for a lock to get soul shards). My class is all ranged. So if I'm in a raid and I run out of ammo I'm kinda screwed since I only have like 2 melee abilities.

I've got a turtle for a pet and for some reason they eat more than the others. So if you run out of food, kiss your tanking goodbye. Although I more than likeley won't use my pet in a raid. They're great for soloing though.

They're actually very similar. I would say with the drop rate of food, and the fact that some pets are picky about what they eat, it's easier to get shards. All you need is a creature that gives XP, and you can steal their soul. Pet management is a little more involved for a warlock, since we get 4 pets that all do something different. Warlocks are ranged too, in raids and PVP I am a DoTing machine. PVP as a warlock is fun, I tool around with the priest and just dot everything in sight, and I get a ton of HK off that.
Luckily with the shards I can create them as I go, which is good since I'm the only 60 'lock in the guild, and they demand healthstones a lot.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
MaddLlama said:
They're actually very similar. I would say with the drop rate of food, and the fact that some pets are picky about what they eat, it's easier to get shards. All you need is a creature that gives XP, and you can steal their soul. Pet management is a little more involved for a warlock, since we get 4 pets that all do something different. Warlocks are ranged too, in raids and PVP I am a DoTing machine. PVP as a warlock is fun, I tool around with the priest and just dot everything in sight, and I get a ton of HK off that.
Luckily with the shards I can create them as I go, which is good since I'm the only 60 'lock in the guild, and they demand healthstones a lot.
That's right, you guys make health stones. I wonder how those compare to Alchemy potions.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Mister_T said:
That's right, you guys make health stones. I wonder how those compare to Alchemy potions.

With the 2 points in the improved talent for it, mine heals for 1440.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
FeathersinHair said:
Is it mostly a fighting game? Or is roleplaying and whatnot involved?

Depends. There's a HUGE backstory for the game, and there are Role Play servers you can play on, and most of the actual gameplay is killing stuff, but it also involves a lot of quests.

Shadow Wolf

Getting soulstones can be easy. If you do alot of PVP, then farm them on the battlegrounds, or farm them from any enemies you encounter before entering an instance. The hard part comes from the fact they take up an inventory slot, and some instanstes will have you going through alot of them, and some spells like health stones, SS, summoning the Void Walker, Succubus, or fellhunter.

When it comes out there are going to be hundreds of naked dancing Blood Elves in the newb areas.
And I thought The Barrens was bad enough with the Chuck Norris talk now. Thiers even a character named Chucknnorris on Azgalor.

Yowza! You've been busy. I was aloso thinking about doing a Mage at some point. I like the idea of being able to take out mutiple targets at once.
I've been playing for over a year. And I got to the point where I can get to lvl 20 in one day (One full day of doing nothing else) if I can get in a few groups for RFC, and a group to let me tag along in WC at lvl 17. Also the groups can't be filled with tankers that won't tank and healers that won't heal. And just do WC a few more times to get to lvl 25. If anyone wants to know, just ask me and all pm how to do it one day for the Undead. Haven't figured it out for the Orcs/Trolls or Tauren yet.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Shadow Wolf said:
Getting soulstones can be easy. If you do alot of PVP, then farm them on the battlegrounds, or farm them from any enemies you encounter before entering an instance. The hard part comes from the fact they take up an inventory slot, and some instanstes will have you going through alot of them, and some spells like health stones, SS, summoning the Void Walker, Succubus, or fellhunter.

And I thought The Barrens was bad enough with the Chuck Norris talk now. Thiers even a character named Chucknnorris on Azgalor.

I've been playing for over a year. And I got to the point where I can get to lvl 20 in one day (One full day of doing nothing else) if I can get in a few groups for RFC, and a group to let me tag along in WC at lvl 17. Also the groups can't be filled with tankers that won't tank and healers that won't heal. And just do WC a few more times to get to lvl 25. If anyone wants to know, just ask me and all pm how to do it one day for the Undead. Haven't figured it out for the Orcs/Trolls or Tauren yet.
I'll have to add you my buddy list when I make my Shamie.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Never played it, got out of the gaming business just as it came out because it was taking up too much of my time :( Still love to jump on the odd Team Fortress game or two though ;)

My old gaming mates all play it, one of them coined the phrase "Digital Crack" ;)

My best mate is the head of a guild with 300 some members and he has lvl 60 plus across 4 or 5 characters. (can't remember the details)

Shadow Wolf

I'll have to add you my buddy list when I make my Shamie.
What realm ya on? Most of my friends on Azgalor transfered out when the option first opened for that realm. The frequent raids on The Crossroads (Almost one a day. The most I can recall was 5 in one day) can make for some interesting times though. Me and couple friends corpse camped a Dwarf Hunter for over 3 hours, chasing him all over the Barrens, into Thousand Needles (He thought he got away when he got on the elevator down. (He didn't plan on the Mage casting slow fall on us), about half way into Ashenvale, and back into the Barrens, found him hiding in hut, dancing, killed him about another half hour, and he finally loged out not to far from WC.
And then their was the time when the Allys almost pulled off a successful capitol raid. The ran through the front gates of Orgrim, killed every NPC, including Thrall, went to Thunderbluff, and when my Mage friend warped us thier, everyone was screaming "HEAL HIM! HEAL HIM DAMMIT!" before they killed Cairne. Then they went to Undercity, where the elevator killed half of them, a very large opposition was waiting, and when they got to Lady Sylvanis, they only did 30% damage to her. Then our counter-attack, we killed King Ironforge, whoever it is that runs Stormwind, went to Darnussus, got are asses kicked by a bunch of trees.
If it wasn't for the PVP, I doubt I would play much.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
What realm ya on?
Dragonblight

Most of my friends on Azgalor transfered out when the option first opened for that realm. The frequent raids on The Crossroads (Almost one a day. The most I can recall was 5 in one day) can make for some interesting times though. Me and couple friends corpse camped a Dwarf Hunter for over 3 hours, chasing him all over the Barrens, into Thousand Needles (He thought he got away when he got on the elevator down. (He didn't plan on the Mage casting slow fall on us), about half way into Ashenvale, and back into the Barrens, found him hiding in hut, dancing, killed him about another half hour, and he finally loged out not to far from WC.
And then their was the time when the Allys almost pulled off a successful capitol raid. The ran through the front gates of Orgrim, killed every NPC, including Thrall, went to Thunderbluff, and when my Mage friend warped us thier, everyone was screaming "HEAL HIM! HEAL HIM DAMMIT!" before they killed Cairne. Then they went to Undercity, where the elevator killed half of them, a very large opposition was waiting, and when they got to Lady Sylvanis, they only did 30% damage to her. Then our counter-attack, we killed King Ironforge, whoever it is that runs Stormwind, went to Darnussus, got are asses kicked by a bunch of trees.
Dude that sounds *****in! I would love to be doing something like that right now. I'm only at lvl 28 though so I'd get my arse handed to me right quick.

You don't do Ahn Qiraj or Blackwing? Or did you already get all the loot you need?

Next patch should be pretty *****in. Liking the Tier 3 armors too.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Shadow Wolf said:
What realm ya on? Most of my friends on Azgalor transfered out when the option first opened for that realm. The frequent raids on The Crossroads (Almost one a day. The most I can recall was 5 in one day) can make for some interesting times though. Me and couple friends corpse camped a Dwarf Hunter for over 3 hours, chasing him all over the Barrens, into Thousand Needles (He thought he got away when he got on the elevator down. (He didn't plan on the Mage casting slow fall on us), about half way into Ashenvale, and back into the Barrens, found him hiding in hut, dancing, killed him about another half hour, and he finally loged out not to far from WC.

Wow that's pretty awesome. I don't think there has every been a sucessful raid on an Alliance or Horde city on Thunderhorn. They've tried but nobody's gotten very far. But, to be fair they don't bring large groups, and the Alliance on my server sucks at PVP.