• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Writer claims Trump raped her

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
You ever hear the saying that you shouldn't compare apples in oranges. Presumption of innocence is applicable to the criminal justice system, it is not the same wrt chat in pubs, schoolyards, internet forums, etc. She accused the President of the US of a criminal act, but has no intention to test that claim in court, I intuitively infer that the alleged act is not true if she is not prepared to prove it, and say so, hardly the situation that demands a level playing field.
Yes, and it works both ways. There are no criminal charges and there won’t be so presumption of innocence doesn’t apply. It’s pure he said/she said. OTOH, Carroll doesn’t have a track record for lying, false accusations or any other scurrilous activities. Trump does have a looooong track record of lies, false accusations and denials of the truth.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Sorry, but almost all of the new oil production occurred under Obama. As to your other claims you need to support those. All that Trump has really done was to ease up on the regulations of the dirtiest fuel there is.
Doesn't matter what I say, you will always want more supporting evidence, you hate Trump and will continue to begrudge him the credit for the great economic progress seen on his watch. But that's ok, let's agree to disagree.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Doesn't matter what I say, you will always want more supporting evidence, you hate Trump and will continue to begrudge him the credit for the great economic progress seen on his watch. But that's ok, let's agree to disagree.

The problem is that all of the "supporting evidence" that you have given has supported my claims. That the recovery started long before Trump got into office. I asked for programs that he began that explained the rise and you could not find any. It is a bit unfortunate that Presidents get credit for the economy since in reality they do not have that much to do with it. The crash that occurred during Bush's terms was international and the actions of the U.S. were only a small part of it. It is pretty hard to put the blame on Bush. In the same way Trump did nothing at all that I know of to drive the economy so there is no way to give him credit for our current status.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Yes, and it works both ways. There are no criminal charges and there won’t be so presumption of innocence doesn’t apply. It’s pure he said/she said. OTOH, Carroll doesn’t have a track record for lying, false accusations or any other scurrilous activities. Trump does have a looooong track record of lies, false accusations and denials of the truth.
I see, I was not aware that you were so familiar with Carrol's background and history to know she doesn't lie, do I take your word for it? At this time, the best I can do is say I doubt that episode she described in the Bergdorf dressing room ever happened, but that's just my intuitive judgement, other people may go the other way, the only two people who know for sure are E. Carrol and D. Trump. So I grant you that the principle of presumption of innocence does work both ways, and henceforth I will not say outright that Carrol is lying, only that I have a suspicion that her candour may be flawed..

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
The problem is that all of the "supporting evidence" that you have given has supported my claims. That the recovery started long before Trump got into office. I asked for programs that he began that explained the rise and you could not find any. It is a bit unfortunate that Presidents get credit for the economy since in reality they do not have that much to do with it. The crash that occurred during Bush's terms was international and the actions of the U.S. were only a small part of it. It is pretty hard to put the blame on Bush. In the same way Trump did nothing at all that I know of to drive the economy so there is no way to give him credit for our current status.
I gave them to you, now you are saying I didn't...here it is again....

"The US is now the biggest oil gas producer in the world, this would and could not happen without deregulation of EPA environmental and climate change rules established by Obama. The Steel industry has grown tremendously for the same reason, steel companies have been reopening old plants and building new modern ones. New car plants are being built and car manufacturers are returning to the US from Mexico due to renegotiating the old NAFTA trade agreements and using tariffs as appropriate. And so it goes, give credit where credit is due, no IPCC Paris COP is going to stop the Trump MAGA train."

I suspect you will ignore the substance of it again, but look, you hate Trump, I get it, it's ok, I can live with it.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
So did Obama, so did Bush. Probably Clinton as well. They all had just as much success as Trump.
Your bias is showing, no other President has ever sat down with the President of DPRK and agree that no further nuclear tests will take place, no more ICBMs to be launched, remains of US soldiers killed there returned, and now Trump is the first US President to stand on DPRK soil with his friend Kim Jong Un and invite him to visit the White House. Of course things could still go wrong, but for now relations are improving and the overall situation moving rapidly to a full blown peace agreement between all parties, DPRK, South Korea, and the USA. What's not to like...after 60 odd years of war mongering by both sides.

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
I see, I was not aware that you were so familiar with Carrol's background and history to know she doesn't lie, do I take your word for it? At this time, the best I can do is say I doubt that episode she described in the Bergdorf dressing room ever happened, but that's just my intuitive judgement, other people may go the other way, the only two people who know for sure are E. Carrol and D. Trump. So I grant you that the principle of presumption of innocence does work both ways, and henceforth I will not say outright that Carrol is lying, only that I have a suspicion that her candour may be flawed..
Please reread my post when your mind clears.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I gave them to you, now you are saying I didn't...here it is again....

"The US is now the biggest oil gas producer in the world, this would and could not happen without deregulation of EPA environmental and climate change rules established by Obama. The Steel industry has grown tremendously for the same reason, steel companies have been reopening old plants and building new modern ones. New car plants are being built and car manufacturers are returning to the US from Mexico due to renegotiating the old NAFTA trade agreements and using tariffs as appropriate. And so it goes, give credit where credit is due, no IPCC Paris COP is going to stop the Trump MAGA train."

I suspect you will ignore the substance of it again, but look, you hate Trump, I get it, it's ok, I can live with it.
That is merely a quote. Meaningless without a source and it appears to be false since once again, the levels of production of oil rose during Obama's term and have been relatively flat since. The price of oil is what currently drives the production of oil:

chartoftheday_12422_us_oil_production_n.jpg

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
That is merely a quote. Meaningless without a source and it appears to be false since once again, the levels of production of oil rose during Obama's term and have been relatively flat since. The price of oil is what currently drives the production of oil:

chartoftheday_12422_us_oil_production_n.jpg
Oil production higher...

977x-1.png

Gas production and Renewable going up.. (Coal going down because natural gas and renewable energy is replacing coal powered plants)...

Screen_Shot_2019_04_18_at_11.35.59_AM.png

Economic growth higher than the 2015 and 2016 years of Obama....

_99668183_usgdp.png

Stock market has grown more in 2 years under Trump than Obama over his last 4 year term...

_99671722_usdowjonesfinak.png

Unemployment rate going down, whereas it was flat in the last year of Obama...

_99660598_3-unempl-nc.png

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oil production higher...

977x-1.png

Gas production and Renewable going up.. (Coal going down because natural gas and renewable energy is replacing coal powered plants)...

Screen_Shot_2019_04_18_at_11.35.59_AM.png

Economic growth higher than the 2015 and 2016 years of Obama....

_99668183_usgdp.png

Stock market has grown more in 2 years under Trump than Obama over his last 4 year term...

_99671722_usdowjonesfinak.png

Unemployment rate going down, whereas it was flat in the last year of Obama...

_99660598_3-unempl-nc.png

Plots that you do not understand don't help you. At best you did not understand how the plot that I supplied refuted your claims. Why not ask questions instead? Politely. I need to remind you that you have only contradicted yourself when you have tried to support your claims.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Plots that you do not understand don't help you. At best you did not understand how the plot that I supplied refuted your claims. Why not ask questions instead? Politely. I need to remind you that you have only contradicted yourself when you have tried to support your claims.

......but you can not not make it drink!

3874860a-5c94-4b41-9678-17021678a4fd-original.jpg

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Excellent self portrait!

If you want to learn how you screwed the pooch I will be glad to help you.
There seems to be a disconnect between actual reality and your present distorted view of it, in this case I would diagnose it as TDS, not altogether incurable and a enduring practice of zen silent mind meditation will definitely help.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There seems to be a disconnect between actual reality and your present distorted view of it, in this case I would diagnose it as TDS, not altogether incurable and a enduring practice of zen silent mind meditation will definitely help.

You are projecting. Do you not understand how the chart I provided refuted your claim of Trump being responsible for the U.S's current high oil production? You then posted a bunch of graphs that you did not understand as if you made a point. Let's go over the graph that I posted first. Once you realize your error there we can move on.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You are projecting. Do you not understand how the chart I provided refuted your claim of Trump being responsible for the U.S's current high oil production? You then posted a bunch of graphs that you did not understand as if you made a point. Let's go over the graph that I posted first. Once you realize your error there we can move on.
It is you who do not understand, I went to the source of your graph which was not up to date, the year is now 2019. The link below will take you to the Crude Oil Production 4 week averages of oil production over many years up to now. The dip on your graph occurred in Obama's time 2016. Scroll down and you will find oil production has increased every 4 weeks since Trump came into office, the latest is 12,250 BPD.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=pet&s=wcrfpus2&f=4

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It is you who do not understand, I went to the source of your graph which was not up to date, the year is now 2019. The link below will take you to the Crude Oil Production 4 week averages of oil production over many years up to now. The dip on your graph occurred in Obama's time 2016. Scroll down and you will find oil production has increased every 4 weeks since Trump came into office, the latest is 12,250 BPD.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=pet&s=wcrfpus2&f=4

Of course it is up. I already told you that it is oil prices that drives production. The dip in oil prices that occurred after the high in Obama's Presidency ended roughly when Trump was elected. Oil prices have been going up since then. You should have noticed that gas prices have been steadily going up. I do not blame Trump for that since it is a global market. But as prices of oil go up so does our production, and all of the work that made that possible was done during the Obama administration.

Crude Oil Prices - 70 Year Historical Chart

You are not looking at the big picture and you have yet to find anything that Trump did that raised production.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And one more link. It tells why oil production dropped in the U.S.. In case you don't want to read it the reason was that oil prices dropped. It was not due to regulation. And the source is Fortune Magazine. Far from being a source that you would call "fake news". It also tells you that production stopped on finishing wells. The good news for those that invested in those wells was that once oil prices rose again it was very easy to finish work that had already been approved. The rise was due to laws that were in effect during Obama's administration and the changing oil prices:

Oil Producers Are Leaving Thousands of U.S. Wells Unfinished