• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Writer claims Trump raped her

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The last thing I would do is use a biased media bias chart to tell me which msm is not biased, I have an intuitive faculty that works just fine, but thank you anyway. Time, NPR, Politico, BBC, AP, The Guardian, CNN, etc., are all lefty Trump hating fake news sources.
MSM? I don't see that on that chart. And accurate reporting does not make one "Trump hating". You unfortunately have been taken in by far right sources.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
And your evidence for that is . . .?

AG Bill Barr: "Spying On A Political Campaign Is A Big Deal"
Speaking to the Senate Appropriations Committee on Wednesday, Attorney General Barr said he would investigate the origins of the Mueller probe and that he believes "spying did occur" on the Trump campaign in 2016.

ATTORNEY GENERAL BILL BARR: As I said in my confirmation hearing, I am going to be reviewing both the genesis and the conduct of intelligence activities directed at the Trump campaign during 2016. And a lot of this has already been investigated, and a substantial portion of it has been investigated and is being investigated by the office of the Inspector General, but one of the things I want to do is pull everything together from the various investigations that have gone on, including on the Hill and in the [Justice] Department, and see if there are any remaining questions to be addressed.

Barr: Will Investigate "Genesis" Of Trump-Russia Investigation

Barr assigns US attorney in Connecticut to look into government surveillance involving Trump campaign: source

Attorney General William Barr has appointed a U.S. attorney to examine the origins of the Russia investigation and determine if intelligence collection efforts targeting the Trump campaign were "lawful and appropriate," a person familiar with the situation told Fox News on Monday evening.

John Durham, the U.S. attorney in Connecticut, will conduct the inquiry, the source said. The move comes as the Trump administration has pushed for answers on why federal authorities conducted the surveillance -- as well as whether Democrats were the ones who improperly colluded with foreign actors.

Two sources told Fox News earlier today that Barr was “serious” and had assigned DOJ personnel to the probe. Durham is known as a "hard-charging, bulldog" prosecutor, Fox News is told.

Barr assigns US attorney in Connecticut to look into government surveillance involving Trump campaign: source

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
AG Bill Barr: "Spying On A Political Campaign Is A Big Deal"
Speaking to the Senate Appropriations Committee on Wednesday, Attorney General Barr said he would investigate the origins of the Mueller probe and that he believes "spying did occur" on the Trump campaign in 2016.

ATTORNEY GENERAL BILL BARR: As I said in my confirmation hearing, I am going to be reviewing both the genesis and the conduct of intelligence activities directed at the Trump campaign during 2016. And a lot of this has already been investigated, and a substantial portion of it has been investigated and is being investigated by the office of the Inspector General, but one of the things I want to do is pull everything together from the various investigations that have gone on, including on the Hill and in the [Justice] Department, and see if there are any remaining questions to be addressed.

Barr: Will Investigate "Genesis" Of Trump-Russia Investigation

Attorney General William Barr has appointed a U.S. attorney to examine the origins of the Russia investigation and determine if intelligence collection efforts targeting the Trump campaign were "lawful and appropriate," a person familiar with the situation told Fox News on Monday evening.

John Durham, the U.S. attorney in Connecticut, will conduct the inquiry, the source said. The move comes as the Trump administration has pushed for answers on why federal authorities conducted the surveillance -- as well as whether Democrats were the ones who improperly colluded with foreign actors.

Two sources told Fox News earlier today that Barr was “serious” and had assigned DOJ personnel to the probe. Durham is known as a "hard-charging, bulldog" prosecutor, Fox News is told.

Why give Barr any credibility at all? He is far from credible. You do realize that Trump had a good and conservative Attorney General. He fired him because he would not break the law for Trump. Barr mischaracterized the investigation. Though it did show insufficient evidence for Trump's accused collusion it did not clear him. And he did obviously obstruct justice.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
MSM? I don't see that on that chart. And accurate reporting does not make one "Trump hating". You unfortunately have been taken in by far right sources.
MSM is main stream media. As I said, I determine what I think is fake news based on how much of their anti-Trump news stories turn out to be wrong. Most of them have a terrible record...

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Why give Barr any credibility at all? He is far from credible. You do realize that Trump had a good and conservative Attorney General. He fired him because he would not break the law for Trump. Barr mischaracterized the investigation. Though it did show insufficient evidence for Trump's accused collusion it did not clear him. And he did obviously obstruct justice.
Huh, I am only pointing out that there is an AG investigation into the genesis of the Obama administration's investigation into Trump-Russia collusion. There is incidentally also a DOJ IG investigation into the FISA applications associated with the Trump-Russia collusion investigation that is due out any time now, and most probably sometime in July.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Huh, I am only pointing out that there is an AG investigation into the genesis of the Obama administration's investigation into Trump-Russia collusion. There is incidentally also a DOJ IG investigation into the FISA applications associated with the Trump-Russia collusion investigation that is due out any time now, and most probably sometime in July.
Yes, but it seems rather pointless and motivated by revenge rather than by evidence.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
MSM is main stream media. As I said, I determine what I think is fake news based on how much of their anti-Trump news stories turn out to be wrong. Most of them have a terrible record...

Now you are only making yourself look like a conspiracy theorist. Yes, it can be frustrating to be in the minority, but that is no excuse to think that there are sinister forces at work. Economics ends up causing the news to roughly mirror the political views of those that they report to. I have heard those on the left complain that all media is right wing.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Now you are only making yourself look like a conspiracy theorist. Yes, it can be frustrating to be in the minority, but that is no excuse to think that there are sinister forces at work. Economics ends up causing the news to roughly mirror the political views of those that they report to. I have heard those on the left complain that all media is right wing.
If those walls ever closed in, if the tipping point was ever reached, if the fake news ever got it right with all their incessant predictions of the end of Trump, then I would concede that msm isn't fake news, but alas, TDS is incurable it seems. Concerning economics, Trump's record wrt employment, unemployment, stock market, etc., is very good, in fact record breaking, but MSM has other fish to fry.....those damn walls that are closing in!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If those walls ever closed in, if the tipping point was ever reached, if the fake news ever got it right with all their incessant predictions of the end of Trump, then I would concede that msm isn't fake news, but alas, TDS is incurable it seems. Concerning economics, Trump's record wrt employment, unemployment, stock market, etc., is very good, in fact record breaking, but MSM has other fish to fry.....those damn walls that are closing in!

You need to find a different term besides "fake news" since that appears to be what you watch. And we have heard this sort of ranting from conspiracy theorists before.

As to economics you demonstrate the same sort of ignorance that you accuse others of. Trump is merely riding the wave that began in Obama's administration and I do not think that he deserves all that much credit either. The stock market is the same. If anything he has put crimps into its gains with the various temper tantrums that he throws.

Tell us, exactly which piece of legislation of Trump's are you accrediting for that rise?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Oh noes, not the old conspiracy theorist accusation, if you actually were aware of reality instead of believing fake news, you would know the walls are not closing in, and never were, the real conspiracy theorists are msm fake news. Trump is POTUS, Hillary lost, get over it,

The Stock Market is not the same....Trump came in Jan 2017 when Dow was at 20,880, as of today it is 26,600 do the math as a % increase.

upload_2019-6-30_17-3-57.png

Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) Stock Price, Quote, History & News

Making America Great Again, 6,000,000 new jobs.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh noes, not the old conspiracy theorist accusation, if you actually were aware of reality instead of believing fake news, you would know the walls are not closing in, and never were, the real conspiracy theorists are msm fake news. Trump is POTUS, Hillary lost, get over it,

The Stock Market is not the same....Trump came in Jan 2017 when Dow was at 20,880, as of today it is 26,600 do the math as a % increase.

View attachment 30436

Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) Stock Price, Quote, History & News

Making America Great Again, 6,000,000 new jobs.

Hey look, just like I said the rise started before Trump got in office. Well before. Thanks for doing my homework for me. So the rise in the stock market cannot be attributed to him, especially since you could not name any of his programs that would cause such a rise. The economy is like a giant ship. It does not turn over night. Right now it still looks like it is reaction to Obama.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Hey look, just like I said the rise started before Trump got in office. Well before. Thanks for doing my homework for me. So the rise in the stock market cannot be attributed to him, especially since you could not name any of his programs that would cause such a rise. The economy is like a giant ship. It does not turn over night. Right now it still looks like it is reaction to Obama.
Not like it has grown since Trump, and check who has created the most jobs, who has the lowest unemployment figures, in every demographic, you think this all happened without a plan?
And speaking of Trump's amazing accomplishments, just now I watched him and old buddy Kim on the DMZ border making the world a safer place, what can't this man accomplish... Now pleeese, this is no excuse to go off topic yet again...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not like it has grown since Trump, and check who has created the most jobs, who has the lowest unemployment figures, in every demographic, you think this all happened without a plan?
And speaking of Trump's amazing accomplishments, just now I watched him and old buddy Kim on the DMZ border making the world a safer place, what can't this man accomplish... Now pleeese, this is no excuse to go off topic yet again...

So what? It grew faster after Trump entered office. That does not mean he had anything to do with it. Once again, what programs has Trump began that had any effect on the economy?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
So what? It grew faster after Trump entered office. That does not mean he had anything to do with it. Once again, what programs has Trump began that had any effect on the economy?
The US is now the biggest oil gas producer in the world, this would and could not happen without deregulation of EPA environmental and climate change rules established by Obama. The Steel industry has grown tremendously for the same reason, steel companies have been reopening old plants and building new modern ones. New car plants are being built and car manufacturers are returning to the US from Mexico due to renegotiating the old NAFTA trade agreements and using tariffs as appropriate. And so it goes, give credit where credit is due, no IPCC Paris COP is going to stop the Trump MAGA train.

Btw, I was only joking about going off topic...this is already off topic.

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
Thing is, I don't believe nor did I indicate that Trump is a paragon of truth, fidelity and integrity, only that I believe in the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise, mere claims in a book do not cut it for me.
Disagreed because if what you said was true then you would not automatically sided with Trump and indicated Carroll was a liar. Where is the presumption of innocence for her or the numerous other women who have vouched for Trump’s sexual misconduct?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Disagreed because if what you said was true then you would not automatically sided with Trump and indicated Carroll was a liar. Where is the presumption of innocence for her or the numerous other women who have vouched for Trump’s sexual misconduct?
You ever hear the saying that you shouldn't compare apples in oranges. Presumption of innocence is applicable to the criminal justice system, it is not the same wrt chat in pubs, schoolyards, internet forums, etc. She accused the President of the US of a criminal act, but has no intention to test that claim in court, I intuitively infer that the alleged act is not true if she is not prepared to prove it, and say so, hardly the situation that demands a level playing field.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The US is now the biggest oil gas producer in the world, this would and could not happen without deregulation of EPA environmental and climate change rules established by Obama. The Steel industry has grown tremendously for the same reason, steel companies have been reopening old plants and building new modern ones. New car plants are being built and car manufacturers are returning to the US from Mexico due to renegotiating the old NAFTA trade agreements and using tariffs as appropriate. And so it goes, give credit where credit is due, no IPCC Paris COP is going to stop the Trump MAGA train.

Btw, I was only joking about going off topic...this is already off topic.
Sorry, but almost all of the new oil production occurred under Obama. As to your other claims you need to support those. All that Trump has really done was to ease up on the regulations of the dirtiest fuel there is.

ecco

Veteran Member
Please tell me the above comment is sarcasm or a joke.