• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yahweh better than Krishna?

Shalom/Namaste,

I don't want to offend Hindus and people of pagan faiths, but isn't the Abrahamic idea of an angry God much better than the sweet, loving god of the pagans? Consider a terrible tragedy like the plague which wiped out half of Europe. It's easy to believe that an angry God of the OT allowed it to happen rather than a 'nice, happy' god like Krishna.

So if at all one believes in God, wouldn't the Abrahamic one be more reasonable, considering the tragedies that always occur in this world?

Shalom/Namaste,

I don't want to offend Hindus and people of pagan faiths, but isn't the Abrahamic idea of an angry God much better than the sweet, loving god of the pagans? Consider a terrible tragedy like the plague which wiped out half of Europe. It's easy to believe that an angry God of the OT allowed it to happen rather than a 'nice, happy' god like Krishna.

So if at all one believes in God, wouldn't the Abrahamic one be more reasonable, considering the tragedies that always occur in this world?

No. We don't have enough information to go on to say that one is more reasonable than the other. It may be that the gods have created a world in which they don't intervene and have given all beings the option of living here if they want. Why? Maybe because eternity can get boring at times and beings want a challenge, or atleast something new, or interesting.

God could also be evil, or indifferent, or crazy, or not very powerful. These possibilities can also account for the evil and suffering in our world.

Perhaps there are no gods.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Shalom/Namaste,

Whatever you're taking, I want some. And I thought my Soma made me loopy. :biglaugh:

Why would you prefer an angry, vengeful, bloodthirsty God over one who stresses love and devotion?

Krishna didn't let it happen. What happens to us is the manifestation of our accumulated karma from past lives, and even this life. Krishna neither rewards nor punishes. He only welcomes those who devote themselves to Him. If you don't want to be with Him, you won't be, but He didn't do it, you did.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Shalom/Namaste,

Why exactly would a god who behaves like a petty infant be "better" or "more reasonable"?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Whatever you're taking, I want some. And I thought my Soma made me loopy. :biglaugh:

Why would you prefer an angry, vengeful, bloodthirsty God over one who stresses love and devotion?

Krishna didn't let it happen. What happens to us is the manifestation of our accumulated karma from past lives, and even this life. Krishna neither rewards nor punishes. He only welcomes those who devote themselves to Him. If you don't want to be with Him, you won't be, but He didn't do it, you did.

find the idea of being "punished" when we have no idea why we're being punished, or that we're even being punished, to be no better than an angry, vengeful, bloodthirsty god.

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
If it is, my vote is for the Norse gods. They have weapons.

Not like this...

durga03.jpg

:D

Me Myself

Back to my username
Why exactly would a god who behaves like a petty infant be "better" or "more reasonable"?

the irony of this statement is that both acted like childs for what i know :D

The diference about it (to what I see) is that Krishna was a man when a man was needed, and a child when childlike joy was needed.

Krishna was the prankster after all if I am not mistaken.

Hopefully he´ll prank me soon enough :D

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Shalom/Namaste,

You know, as a child, Krishna was quite the troublemaker. ;)

idav

Being
Premium Member
No I think if Yahweh were God we'd all be obliterated already especially places like Vegas. I think there is hope God isn't from the OT.

"Purpose?" What's the "purpose" of gravity?

It's function is just cause and effect. What goes around comes around. In this case, it's just applied metaphysically, as well.

But doesn't God (according to Hinduism) control these laws? Couldn't he just get rid of them so that humans could be happy? Why maintain these laws and make humans suffer birth after birth? That's as bad as OT God punishing people.