• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yahweh better than Krishna?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
But doesn't God (according to Hinduism) control these laws? Couldn't he just get rid of them so that humans could be happy? Why maintain these laws and make humans suffer birth after birth? That's as bad as OT God punishing people.

How would we be happy without cause and effect?
Are you essentially asking why are we not originally given Enlightenment and put into heaven?
Because otherwise it doesn't make sense. It would be like asking: why not make it so we cannot feel heat, so that when we place our hand in the fire, it doesn't hurt?

Me Myself

Back to my username
But doesn't God (according to Hinduism) control these laws? Couldn't he just get rid of them so that humans could be happy? Why maintain these laws and make humans suffer birth after birth? That's as bad as OT God punishing people.

Hinduist god or Brahman IS everything.

Human beings suffering are basically god being masochistic towards himself.

If hitting yourself makes you happy, we would you think about the rights of your cells? :shrug:

Besides,I will take temporal suffering over endless sufering (hell) any day of the week thank you very much

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Human beings suffering are basically god being masochistic towards himself.

I've heard people say this a few times. I'm not sure that it is really accurate.
I think that this universe and the souls more accurately represent God exploring his own nature.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I've heard people say this a few times. I'm not sure that it is really accurate.
I think that this universe and the souls more accurately represent God exploring his own nature.

If it is in this forum all those times might have been me, I tend to think that a lot :D

I do believe souls are God exploring himself. I just think that for some reason, in this exploration they have all ventured in masochism (as they have been unhappy, when omnipotently speaking, they don´t need to be)

Flankerl

And the USS Enterprise could totally win against a Star Destroyer, despite what Meow Mix says. :D

Now thats just insane!
smiley_panic.gif

And the norse gods? You wanna know what happens to your norse gods when they meet Quetzalcoatl???

This!
Quetzalcoatl.jpg

How would we be happy without cause and effect?
Are you essentially asking why are we not originally given Enlightenment and put into heaven?
Because otherwise it doesn't make sense. It would be like asking: why not make it so we cannot feel heat, so that when we place our hand in the fire, it doesn't hurt?

If God really were powerful, he could've created a world where no matter what we do, we'd be happy.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
"Purpose?" What's the "purpose" of gravity?

It's function is just cause and effect. What goes around comes around. In this case, it's just applied metaphysically, as well.

The difference is that gravity has rhyme and reason to it, whereas karma seemingly has no real weights and balances; surely it would require some sort of standard that determines what is considered "positive" and "negative karma", who it impacts, how and why. Doesn't the religions that incorporate the concept of karma believe that some sort of intelligence governs it?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
The difference is that gravity has rhyme and reason to it, whereas karma seemingly has no real weights and balances; surely it would require some sort of standard that determines what is considered "positive" and "negative karma", who it impacts, how and why. Doesn't the religions that incorporate the concept of karma believe that some sort of intelligence governs it?

There is no 'good' or 'bad' karma. Karma is the law that every action has an equal reaction. Whether you consider the action and reaction good or bad is subjective.
The laws of Karma, Maya, the material universe, are all energies of God. And ultimately, it is all Consciousness.

In a sense it is true that God governs nature, but it is also true that God is not separate from nature.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Shalom/Namaste,

I don't want to offend Hindus and people of pagan faiths, but isn't the Abrahamic idea of an angry God much better than the sweet, loving god of the pagans? Consider a terrible tragedy like the plague which wiped out half of Europe. It's easy to believe that an angry God of the OT allowed it to happen rather than a 'nice, happy' god like Krishna.

So if at all one believes in God, wouldn't the Abrahamic one be more reasonable, considering the tragedies that always occur in this world?

ROFL!!!!! :rolleyes:

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Again, why can't God being all-powerful, make sure such things never happen and humans experience only unending bliss at all times?

Probably because he doesn't want that.
The souls represent an aspect of God that is exploring and discovering his own Self. Unending bliss comes from the ultimate discovery; realisation/enlightenment.
Furthermore, the souls are innately attracted to material nature. We are here because we were attracted to it and we get out once we're sick of it.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

Not necessarily.