• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yawn in first minute during Praying God or reading my Holy Book !!!!

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
(al-An`am: The Cattle) 125 And whomsoever it is Allah's will to guide, He expandeth his bosom unto the Surrender, and whomsoever it is His Will to send astray, He maketh his bosom close and narrow as if he were engaged in sheer ascent. Thus Allah layeth ignominy upon those who believe not.

brother, I think It's lack of oxygen. just like those who climb mount everest, as much as they ascend, the amount of oxygen decrease.

however, We are not talking about hights here, we are talking about prayer , so when someone strive to concentrate in his prayer and try hard to avoid thinking about secular affairs ,the bosom shrink and get narrower due to embarrassment, therefore you may yawn to satisfy your body need of oxygen.

The same can be said for feeling bored, annoyed...

so may be satan has a role in this issue, he try to disturb you during prayer by grabing your attention to other issues, so your prayer become meaningless, so you start to feel boared or embarrassed or annoyed unwillingly.

Salam brother, you can go to the following link if you wish to read Ibn Kathirs commentary on the verse:

http://quran4u.com/Tafsir Ibn Kathir/PDF/006 An'am.pdf

mohammed_beiruti

Salam brother, you can go to the following link if you wish to read Ibn Kathirs commentary on the verse:

http://quran4u.com/Tafsir Ibn Kathir/PDF/006 An'am.pdf

I am not interpreting the Ayeh, I am explaining How does the lack of oxygen make the bossom narrow, and this Ayah support my Idea.

I started my post with "I think" , that mean I expressing my own Idea on this.

there are many article says that yawning happens according to little amount of oxygen in our bodies.

I know the personal interpretion of ibn kathere, and i respect his knowledege, howvwer, I am not interpreting, I am explaning (acording to my thoughts) a scientific explanation for yawning

apophenia

Yawning accompanies changes of emotional state.

I suspect that fundamentalist religionists worry about it because they worry about everything which can't be controlled by superficial ego, or which is not easily explained.It's basically fear of not being in control.

That's why they're so into religion and regimented behaviour.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
(al-An`am: The Cattle) 125 And whomsoever it is Allah's will to guide, He expandeth his bosom unto the Surrender, and whomsoever it is His Will to send astray, He maketh his bosom close and narrow as if he were engaged in sheer ascent. Thus Allah layeth ignominy upon those who believe not.

brother, I think It's lack of oxygen. just like those who climb mount everest, as much as they ascend, the amount of oxygen decrease.

however, We are not talking about hights here, we are talking about prayer , so when someone strive to concentrate in his prayer and try hard to avoid thinking about secular affairs ,the bosom shrink and get narrower due to embarrassment, therefore you may yawn to satisfy your body need of oxygen.

The same can be said for feeling bored, annoyed...

so may be satan has a role in this issue, he try to disturb you during prayer by grabing your attention to other issues, so your prayer become meaningless, so you start to feel boared or embarrassed or annoyed unwillingly.
Good explaination :)

I am wonder how somepeople believe only In Quran , without Suna (hadiths) , it's just like when some one believe in tree without roots !!!!! or book without references and menu and histroy .
accuatly God mention to this situation
4-142
Lo! the hypocrites seek to beguile Allah, but it is He Who beguileth them. When they stand up to worship they perform it languidly and to be seen of men, and are mindful of Allah but little;

It's pretty simple: Qur'aniyyah (Qur'anism, Qur'an Alone movement) IS al-diin'u'llah (the religion/path of God). So many verses in the Qur'an tells that it is detailed, that it is complete, and that it is a sufficient witness.

"And of mankind is he who payeth for mere pastime of discourse [hadith], that he may mislead from GOD's way without knowledge, and maketh it the butt of mockery. For such there is a shameful doom."
-- al-Luqman, 31:6

"Who heareth the revelations of GOD recited unto him, and then continueth in pride as though he heard them not. Give him tidings of a painful doom...

These are the portents [ayat] of GOD which We recite unto thee, Muhammad, with truth. Then in what fact [hadith], after GOD and His portents, will they believe?"
-- al-Jathiyah, 45:8,6

"Is it not enough for them that We have sent down unto thee the Scripture which is read unto them? Lo! Herein verily is mercy, and a reminder for folk who believe."
-- al-Ankabut, 29:51

And lastly, God wants us to utilise our discretion with everything. If we can not verify any fact or given in the Guidance or Criterion like the Qur'an, then it should be rejected.

"O man, follow not that whereof thou hast no knowledge. Lo! The hearing and the sight and the heart - of each of these it will be asked."
-- Bani Isra'il, 17:36​

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It's pretty simple: Qur'aniyyah (Qur'anism, Qur'an Alone movement) IS al-diin'u'llah (the religion/path of God). So many verses in the Qur'an tells that it is detailed, that it is complete, and that it is a sufficient witness.

"And of mankind is he who payeth for mere pastime of discourse [hadith], that he may mislead from GOD's way without knowledge, and maketh it the butt of mockery. For such there is a shameful doom."
-- al-Luqman, 31:6

"Who heareth the revelations of GOD recited unto him, and then continueth in pride as though he heard them not. Give him tidings of a painful doom...

These are the portents [ayat] of GOD which We recite unto thee, Muhammad, with truth. Then in what fact [hadith], after GOD and His portents, will they believe?"
-- al-Jathiyah, 45:8,6

"Is it not enough for them that We have sent down unto thee the Scripture which is read unto them? Lo! Herein verily is mercy, and a reminder for folk who believe."
-- al-Ankabut, 29:51

And lastly, God wants us to utilise our discretion with everything. If we can not verify any fact or given in the Guidance or Criterion like the Qur'an, then it should be rejected.
"O man, follow not that whereof thou hast no knowledge. Lo! The hearing and the sight and the heart - of each of these it will be asked."
-- Bani Isra'il, 17:36​
these verses not against the Hadiths (suna) and arn't confirm that the Quran is the ONLY source from God in Islam .

53-1,2,3,4
By the Star when it setteth, Your comrade erreth not, nor is deceived; Nor doth he speak of (his own) desire. It is naught save an inspiration that is inspired,

these verses not against the Hadiths (suna) and arn't confirm that the Quran is the ONLY source from God in Islam .

53-1,2,3,4
By the Star when it setteth, Your comrade erreth not, nor is deceived; Nor doth he speak of (his own) desire. It is naught save an inspiration that is inspired,

That is your belief. :) But in my perspective, anyone who follows the Qur'an and believes in the Prophet Muhammad, is a Muslim. This includes the Qur'aniyyin (Qur'anists), the Shiah, the Ahmadis, and the Ismailis. All of these people, despite their differences, are Muslim.

That being said, I can see that the Qur'anists see the Qur'an alone, and are pretty rational for their belief system. The very verses I've given basically show that the Qur'an is sufficient. The hadiths have proved to be divisive, problematic and even contradictory to the Qur'an and each other, and complicate the Message of the Qur'an.

Pax tecum!

Godobeyer

Premium Member
That is your belief. :) But in my perspective, anyone who follows the Qur'an and believes in the Prophet Muhammad, is a Muslim. This includes the Qur'aniyyin (Qur'anists), the Shiah, the Ahmadis, and the Ismailis. All of these people, despite their differences, are Muslim.

That being said, I can see that the Qur'anists see the Qur'an alone, and are pretty rational for their belief system. The very verses I've given basically show that the Qur'an is sufficient. The hadiths have proved to be divisive, problematic and even contradictory to the Qur'an and each other, and complicate the Message of the Qur'an.

Pax tecum!
no , we can not separte the Quran and Suna , the Suna is just like the explaination of Quran , by Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) ,
for exemple : God order us to pray him but he did not mention how to pray ? God inspire this to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and he told us how .
acuatly many Islamic law are mentioned/inspired to Prophet Muhammad by God ,

Godobeyer

Premium Member
btw , if you ask the one of Quranics , how to pray God , he will told you as all muslims , if you ask him ,in which verse of Quran mention the way the pray, he will shocked , because he had no answser
honesly i never meet in my life a muslim believe only in Quran .

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Wait, so yawning is considered evil in islam? Seriously? The more I learn about the faith the less serious I'm able to take it.
yeah during the praying or reading Quran it's maybe considerate ACT of SATAN (not evil as you claim)

apophenia

yeah during the praying or reading Quran it's maybe considerate ACT of SATAN (not evil as you claim)

By creating a demand which can never be met you maintain a fabricated drama about good and evil.

This is basic mind control 101.

If you were told that you must remember god with every breath you breath, then you would be certain to fail hundreds of times every day. This failure would induce guilt and anxiety which would would bind your mind in an obsession about god, and about your sense of spiritual failure, which has the effect of reinforcing the presumed spiritual superiority of prophets and clerics.

In other words such beliefs are induced obsessive-compulsive disorder to maintain a fabricated reality.

IMHO

The Neo Nerd

Yawn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was always taught that yawning was because of an increased need of oxygen but wikipedia argues against this

One states that yawning occurs when one's blood contains increased amounts of carbon dioxide and therefore becomes in need of the influx of oxygen (or expulsion of carbon dioxide) that a yawn can provide,[4] but studies have since shown it to be either incorrect or, at the very best, flawed.[6] Yawning may in fact reduce oxygen intake compared to normal respiration, not increase it.[7]
I did read another article that noticed that paratroopers tended to yawn before they jumped. It was theorised that this was the bodies attempt to oxygenate the blood in preparation for action. But i guess the post above from wikipedia blows that one out of the water.

I do like the socio/psychological theories:

Recent research carried out by Garrett Norris, a lecturer in psychology at the University of Leeds, involving monitoring the behavior of students kept waiting in a reception area indicates a connection (supported by neuro-imaging research) between empathic ability and yawning. "We believe that contagious yawning indicates empathy. It indicates an appreciation of other people's behavioral and physiological state." said Garrett.[16]

It is also possible that yawning is a less potent territorial reflex. Usually being associated with boredom or lack of interest, yawning is often displayed when the subject is faced with a worrying or dangerous situation. Therefore, to yawn in the presence of a rival for territory would portray the subject as unthreatened by the rival in order to deter it from entering the subject's territory. This behavior is seen in many primates as well as some feline species.[citation needed]

To look at the issue in terms of a possible evolutionary advantage, yawning might be a herd instinct.[20] For example, theories suggest that the yawn serves to synchronize mood in gregarious animals, similar to the howling of the wolf pack. It signals tiredness to other members of the group in order to synchronize sleeping patterns and periods.

Backing the empathy theory up, i read somewhere that sociopaths do not yawn when others do.

-Q

freethinker44

Occam's razor: Maybe your beliefs really are just overwhelmingly boring.

No wait, that can't be it. It must be satan, yes, obviously that is the correct answer.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I am not interpreting the Ayeh, I am explaining How does the lack of oxygen make the bossom narrow, and this Ayah support my Idea.

I started my post with "I think" , that mean I expressing my own Idea on this.

there are many article says that yawning happens according to little amount of oxygen in our bodies.

I know the personal interpretion of ibn kathere, and i respect his knowledege, howvwer, I am not interpreting, I am explaning (acording to my thoughts) a scientific explanation for yawning

my apologies brother, i thought you were explaining what the Ayah meant.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
No,i'm asking what your perspective is without reference to the Qur'an or ahadith :p

but i live according to the Qur'an and Hadith, how can i have a perspective that is counter to that of islam. i don't know what scientists if they have come up with a theory say about it.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Wait, so yawning is considered evil in islam? Seriously? The more I learn about the faith the less serious I'm able to take it.

we are all waiting, you should slow your pace, no one said yawning is evil. where did you get that from. and it's good that you are actually learning something.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
By creating a demand which can never be met you maintain a fabricated drama about good and evil.

This is basic mind control 101.

If you were told that you must remember god with every breath you breath, then you would be certain to fail hundreds of times every day. This failure would induce guilt and anxiety which would would bind your mind in an obsession about god, and about your sense of spiritual failure, which has the effect of reinforcing the presumed spiritual superiority of prophets and clerics.

In other words such beliefs are induced obsessive-compulsive disorder to maintain a fabricated reality.

IMHO

muslims are told to remember God in every breath, we must remember him while standing, sitting and lying down but the rest of the stuff isn't true. i haven't seen a muslim suffer from what you've said because they haven't been able to remember God. it's not a do or die thing, it is very important but islam is easy going.