• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You are a bad Christian

PureX

Veteran Member
I left Christianity (partly) because I came to the conclusion that I couldn't practice the true Christianity of the Bible and remain a moral person. If you don't practice true biblical Christianity, how can you call yourself a Christian?
Christ is not a book. Nor is Christ a religion. Christ is the reality of a human being choosing to embody the divine spirit of love, forgiveness, kindness and generosity within him (as best he can). So anyone can be a "Christian" regardless of their religiosity. Even an atheist.

And no one will be able to do it perfectly.

Elihoenai

There are several differences between Christian and Humanist values - places where they teach opposite ideas. The main areas where the two part ways is humanism's exalting reason and evidence over faith, and advocating for a pluralistic, mutually tolerant society that enables and empowers the greatest number of its members to have the greatest opportunity to pursue happiness as they understand it. Affirmations of Humanism | Free Inquiry
Those Principles of Humanism is the Absolute Opposite to Christian Gnosticism. I Am Christian Gnostic.

On the other hand, Christian Deism is the Same as Humanism. The Superficial Difference is that Humanism doesn't explicitly use the term God

Deism

Deism (/ˈdiːɪzəm/ DEE-iz-əm [1][2] or /ˈdeɪ.ɪzəm/ DAY-iz-əm; derived from the Latin term deus, meaning "god")[3][4] is the philosophical position and rationalistic theology[5] that generally rejects revelation as a source of divine knowledge, and asserts that empirical reason and observation of the natural world are exclusively logical, reliable, and sufficient to determine the existence of a Supreme Being as the creator of the universe.

That was the perspective of this agnostic atheist and humanist, which is typical among humanists. The first four commandments seem meaningless to an atheist. If you asked me for a list of the top ten moral imperatives, there would be almost no overlap apart from the stealing and lying part. Mind your parents doesn't make the list. Nor does take a day off every week.
What about Murder and Adultery/Fornication? What is your position on those Moral Imperatives?

That's the difference between a moral system received from ancients with a different understanding and different concerns, and one developed de novo by applying reason to empathy (the Golden Rule) - so called rational ethics. None of that results, nor most of the sexual proscriptions, nor the bigotries like atheophobia, homophobia, and misogyny.
True Religion is Not limited by Time holding the Same Value throughout every generation and in All Places.

Last edited:

Elihoenai

Hopefully you’ll learn how to treat people with respect one day. Life is fleeting.
The Greatest of the Queers are Inverted Cross Practitioners Being World Leaders. The Greatest of the Queers are Among the Earthly Elect Ordained by Elohim/God to Rule those on Earth. Christian Nazis are Members of the Universal Roman Catholic Church.

Fury Ending Credits

The Pink Swastika

The Pink Swastika: Homosexuality in the Nazi Party is a 1995 pseudohistorical book by Scott Lively and Kevin Abrams. Drawing on Samuel Igra's 1945 book Germany's National Vice, Lively and Abrams argue that the crimes committed by homosexuals in the Nazi Party exceed the persecution of homosexuals in Nazi Germany and that homosexuality contributed to the extreme militarism of Nazi Germany. They contend that only feminine homosexuals were persecuted by the Nazis, while "butch" homosexuals formed the leadership cadre of the Nazi party. Historian Andrew Wackerfuss criticized the book for lack of accuracy and "outright homophobic charges". The claim advanced by Igra, Lively, and Abrams that homosexuals were responsible for Nazi atrocities is rejected by most historians.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
That's a bit symbolic and vague for me, but agape seems to be a bridge that anyone can be on even if they don't have a head belief in the Bible.
And of course for someone with faith, the faith works through love or you may as well not have it imo.
But works is not the was we are saved even if it shows our faith and is the way we are faithful.
Some people cannot do much at all in the way of works of course but God still loves them and understands each person through and through even when we condemn ourselves.
We can distinguish between works and faithfulness. These are related but not the same thing. Works are finished, but faithfulness is ongoing and takes effort. Works may be unspiritual. Faithfulness is spiritual, requiring effort and love. If Christians were saved through works this would mean that everything was done and nothing was left to do. It would be time to relax and receive a prize. Instead we have a process of sanctification. Have all people laid down their weapons, and is death vanquished yet? No, yet we believe in Christ's continual efforts. What about the work in your friends and in yourself? These are not finished, yet you haven't given up.

"Faith without works" does not mean everything is accomplished before our eyes. We still have work to do. This is ongoing work.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What is your position on those Moral Imperatives?
Murder is immoral. Sex is only immoral when it involves betrayal or nonconsensual sex (forceable or statutory rape).
True Religion is Not limited by Time holding the Same Value throughout every generation and in All Places
All cultures evolve, even Christian culture, but it does do by leaving scripture and turning to reason applied to empathy, which is the rational ethics of humanism. Religion that relies on faith in received, eternal moral truths becomes irrelevant and then counterproductive over time as we see with modern American Christianity.

Then the church evolves and claims that its doctrine are unchanging while claiming credit for the advances (same with science, same with the US Constitution).

When will Christianity acknowledge the role of freethinking in its own evolution, and that that freethinking didn't come from any admonition in scripture to be on the lookout for ways the Commandments can be improved? Never. Why would it?
Those Principles of Humanism is the Absolute Opposite to Christian Gnosticism. I Am Christian Gnostic.
Yes, there are many as I enumerated. You asked me what humanist ethics were, and I focused on the differences with Christian ethics.
On the other hand, Christian Deism is the Same as Humanism. The Superficial Difference is that Humanism doesn't explicitly use the term God
Close.

Deism was the intermediate step between Christianity with its builder-ruler god (with orders for man) and atheism due to the advances in science coming in two great waves. Renaissance and early Enlightenment science demonstrated that the world was a kind of clockwork working without intelligent oversight. Volta, Bernoulli, Newton, etc. revealed that the planets move by gravity and not gods pushing them, and gases equilibrate and electrons go through wires without the help of angels. This was the world of the late-18th century American founders. The ruler-builder god was dismissed, but how did this all get here to be running like a clockwork? With this was born to deist god to build it and then disappear - the builder god.

Then came the 19th- and 20th century scientists like Darwin and Hubble to show us how the universe could also assemble itself without intelligent oversight, and the builder god was fired and replaced with nothing - atheism. And with it was born the god of the gaps in search of some role to play in nature.

Brian2

Veteran Member
We can distinguish between works and faithfulness. These are related but not the same thing. Works are finished, but faithfulness is ongoing and takes effort. Works may be unspiritual. Faithfulness is spiritual, requiring effort and love. If Christians were saved through works this would mean that everything was done and nothing was left to do. It would be time to relax and receive a prize. Instead we have a process of sanctification. Have all people laid down their weapons, and is death vanquished yet? No, yet we believe in Christ's continual efforts. What about the work in your friends and in yourself? These are not finished, yet you haven't given up.

"Faith without works" does not mean everything is accomplished before our eyes. We still have work to do. This is ongoing work.

Remaining faithful is important yes. Some people may have to remain faithful for 100 years and others for 10 years. I suppose that is what the parable about the person who hires laborers at different times in the day and pays them the same wages is about.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Remaining faithful is important yes. Some people may have to remain faithful for 100 years and others for 10 years. I suppose that is what the parable about the person who hires laborers at different times in the day and pays them the same wages is about.
A child in Matthew 18 is someone that we think is less than ourselves, who has a stench, who has rough edges. The practical problem with belief is that it doesn't bring all the stinky children together to the lord's table. The older want to say "Go away and wash yourself, first." Its easy to believe things while criticizing and using our belief like a stick to drive our fellow servants away. There is only one table. Where is the faith that brings people together? Its not in belief, except when we choose to believe that God does not need our divisions; but that takes effort/work/faithfulness. The lord's table does not look like a ground breaking ceremony. It is more like Jesus twelve disciples all at odds, barely getting along, eating together. They choose to be together for Jesus sake, except for Judas who leaves. He leaves to betray them with a kiss. That kiss means "I love you, but I must accuse you for your own sake." A commonly misunderstood scripture is Matthew 18 from which many congregations extract a term they call "Childlike faith." Childlike faithfulness, means you might be weak; but you still are welcomed. It is not about blindly accepting things. It is about blindly accepting other people, investing in them, helping them to grow and learn.

So there are these laborers who come later than us, yet get paid the same. We don't like them, because they offend us. We've been working all day.

wellwisher

I left Christianity (partly) because I came to the conclusion that I couldn't practice the true Christianity of the Bible and remain a moral person. If you don't practice true biblical Christianity, how can you call yourself a Christian?
A true Christian believes in forgiveness of sin. This covers you one while you are learning and experimenting. Jesus also left behind the promise of the spirit. Being a free spirit, guided by faith, is part of being a Christian.

The Old Testament is more about strict obedience to law and rules. That is not exactly Christianity. The new Testament is more about love of life and love of each other, and faith in the Holy Spirit.

Psalms 32-1; Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the LORD does not count against him and in whose spirit is no deceit.

Elihoenai

Murder is immoral. Sex is only immoral when it involves betrayal or nonconsensual sex (forceable or statutory rape).
Do you agree with the Death Penalty for Murder? Do you view Adultery as Betrayal? Do you agree with Sex outside of Marriage?

All cultures evolve, even Christian culture, but it does do by leaving scripture and turning to reason applied to empathy, which is the rational ethics of humanism. Religion that relies on faith in received, eternal moral truths becomes irrelevant and then counterproductive over time as we see with modern American Christianity.

Then the church evolves and claims that its doctrine are unchanging while claiming credit for the advances (same with science, same with the US Constitution).

When will Christianity acknowledge the role of freethinking in its own evolution, and that that freethinking didn't come from any admonition in scripture to be on the lookout for ways the Commandments can be improved? Never. Why would it?
Temporal Christianity Evolves while the Christianity of the Gnostics Being Timeless Remains the Same in All Ages. You only know Temporal Christianity.

Yes, there are many as I enumerated. You asked me what humanist ethics were, and I focused on the differences with Christian ethics.
There are no Real Differences between Temporal Christianity and Humanism. Temporal Christianity and Humanism are Really the Same. The total Difference is between Christian Gnosticism and Humanism. There are only a Few Christian Gnostics. I Am Christian Gnostic.

Gnosticism

Gnosticism (from Ancient Greek: γνωστικός, romanized: gnōstikós, Koine Greek: [ɣnostiˈkos], 'having knowledge') is a collection of religious ideas and systems that coalesced in the late 1st century AD among Jewish and early Christian sects. These various groups emphasized personal spiritual knowledge (gnosis) above the proto-orthodox teachings, traditions, and authority of religious institutions.

Close.

Deism was the intermediate step between Christianity with its builder-ruler god (with orders for man) and atheism due to the advances in science coming in two great waves. Renaissance and early Enlightenment science demonstrated that the world was a kind of clockwork working without intelligent oversight. Volta, Bernoulli, Newton, etc. revealed that the planets move by gravity and not gods pushing them, and gases equilibrate and electrons go through wires without the help of angels. This was the world of the late-18th century American founders. The ruler-builder god was dismissed, but how did this all get here to be running like a clockwork? With this was born to deist god to build it and then disappear - the builder god.

Then came the 19th- and 20th century scientists like Darwin and Hubble to show us how the universe could also assemble itself without intelligent oversight, and the builder god was fired and replaced with nothing - atheism. And with it was born the god of the gaps in search of some role to play in nature.
Therefore, advances in Science caused people to Disbelieve in Elohim/God producing Heathen Atheism.

This video describes the development of Heathen Atheism that you are talking about:

How to be an Atheist in Medieval Europe

I Am Ultra Extremist Christian Gnostic Knowing Elohim/God and Work in Applied Science. Science is Limited to the Physical/Temporal Domain and has Nothing to do with True Religion.

Last edited:

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you agree with the Death Penalty for Murder?
Short answer - not in principle, but I have problems with its application. I also don't mind it being forbidden.
Do you view Adultery as Betrayal?
Not when done openly, as in open marriages.
Do you agree with Sex outside of Marriage?
I have no problem with what is called fornication and adultery. I don't have reason to care what the marital status of people having sex together is.
Temporal Christianity Evolves while the Christianity of the Gnostics Being Timeless Remains the Same in All Ages.
Temporal Christianity is your term and means nothing to me. It's all just Christianity to me if there is a belief in the Abrahamic god, sin, sacrifice and resurrection of a demigod called Jesus, and salvation.

And I doubt that your denomination hasn't evolved since its inception, but it wouldn't matter to me either way, or be a thing to be proud of were it true.
There are no Real Differences between Temporal Christianity and Humanism. Temporal Christianity and Humanism are Really the Same
Perhaps not to you. I find Christian values deficient in multiple areas.

Recently, you wrote, "Christian Deism is the Same as Humanism." Perhaps you don't know what humanism is.
advances in Science caused people to Disbelieve in Elohim/God producing Heathen Atheism.
Yes. Science made it possible to cast off the yoke of religious superstition for those interested in learning it, and this facilitated atheism in the way I described - by dismissing the ruler god and then the builder god leaving only the god of the gaps in search of a role in reality.

"Although atheism might have been logically tenable before Darwin, Darwin made it possible to be an intellectually fulfilled atheist." - Dawkins.
Science is Limited to the Physical/Temporal Domain and has Nothing to do with True Religion.
Yes, science studies reality. Religions study their scriptures. There's not much overlap, and only one of these "magesteria" has produced useful ideas.

Elihoenai

Short answer - not in principle, but I have problems with its application. I also don't mind it being forbidden.
That is a Politicians answer.

Not when done openly, as in open marriages.

I have no problem with what is called fornication and adultery. I don't have reason to care what the marital status of people having sex together is.
You are are a Libertine/Liberal. All False Doctrines Derive from Want of Freedom to Indulge and Maximise Sin/Carnal Appetites.

Temporal Christianity is your term and means nothing to me. It's all just Christianity to me if there is a belief in the Abrahamic god, sin, sacrifice and resurrection of a demigod called Jesus, and salvation.
I don't believe you are that ignorant and narrow minded. Nazi-KKK Christians are Not the same as Anabaptist or Quaker Christians.

And I doubt that your denomination hasn't evolved since its inception, but it wouldn't matter to me either way, or be a thing to be proud of were it true.
I'm not part of any Denomination or Non-Denomination.

Perhaps not to you. I find Christian values deficient in multiple areas.
Christian Values are deficient to you because it places Restrictions on your Sin/Carnal Liberties.

Recently, you wrote, "Christian Deism is the Same as Humanism." Perhaps you don't know what humanism is.
Yes, I know what Humanism is at the Fundamental Level. It's the same as Temporal Christianity at the Fundamental Level.

Temporal power of the Holy See

The Holy See exercised political and secular influence, as distinguished from its spiritual and pastoral activity, while the pope ruled the Papal States in central Italy.

Yes. Science made it possible to cast off the yoke of religious superstition for those interested in learning it, and this facilitated atheism in the way I described - by dismissing the ruler god and then the builder god leaving only the god of the gaps in search of a role in reality.

"Although atheism might have been logically tenable before Darwin, Darwin made it possible to be an intellectually fulfilled atheist." - Dawkins.

Yes, science studies reality. Religions study their scriptures. There's not much overlap, and only one of these "magesteria" has produced useful ideas.
Elohim/God Created the Sciences for the Temporal World.

Not all Christians are the Same at the Temporal Level. Some Christians Rely on Science and Rational to explain their Religion. There are Christian Physicists, Christian Biologists and Christian Chemists. Are you that Ignorant, that you don't know this?

Last edited:

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That is a Politicians answer.
It was a complete answer. You were probably looking for a religious answer involving sin and punishment.
You are are a Libertine/Liberal. All False Doctrines Derive from Want of Freedom to Indulge and Maximise Sin/Carnal Appetites.
I am a liberal, agnostic atheist and humanist. My worldview derives from the application of reason to the apprehension of the senses and the intuitions of the conscience. Yours doesn't. It comes from an ancient manuscript steeped in the ignorance and brutality from another time, a time when life was shorter, when men died in large numbers in battle, infant and maternal mortality were higher, and people more commonly died of infections and poisonings. Every fertile womb was needed to be in service every year, and the sexual laws reflect that. Every young maiden needs to get married at the age of fertility, she must not withhold sex, they must not use the rhythm method, masturbate, or have gay sex, nobody gets a divorce, no rhythm method or early withdrawal, and when technology made it feasible, they were never to have elective sterilization, use birth control, or get abortions. It shouldn't be hard to understand why none of that is relevant today, and to continue to criminalize abortion and persecute homosexuals is irrational, hateful, and destructive.
don't believe you are that ignorant and narrow minded. Nazi-KKK Christians are Not the same as Anabaptist or Quaker Christians.
I wrote, "Temporal Christianity is your term and means nothing to me. It's all just Christianity to me if there is a belief in the Abrahamic god, sin, sacrifice and resurrection of a demigod called Jesus, and salvation." So they have doctrinal differences. Why should that matter to me?

Which of those, by the way, were the ones that weren't what you call temporal Christians, which you say are the same as humanists? I would have assumed all of them were so-called temporal Christians, in which case you group them all together just as I do.
Christian Values are deficient to you because it places Restrictions on your Sin/Carnal Liberties.
No, because they place irrational and destructive restrictions on the liberties of anybody it can according to meaningless moral imperatives.
There are Christian Physicists, Christian Biologists and Christian Chemists. Are you that Ignorant, that you don't know this?
Why do think I should? Why would that matter to me? These things that concern you are irrelevant to an unbeliever unless he's a student of comparative religion.

Elihoenai

It was a complete answer. You were probably looking for a religious answer involving sin and punishment.
Deuteronomy 19:21

21 And thine eye shall not pity; but life shall go for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

I'm on the Christian Ultra Extreme Conservative Spectrum Fully Supporting the Death Penalty for Murder. I Fully Support the Death Penalty for Pedophiles.

I am a liberal, agnostic atheist and humanist. My worldview derives from the application of reason to the apprehension of the senses and the intuitions of the conscience. Yours doesn't. It comes from an ancient manuscript steeped in the ignorance and brutality from another time, a time when life was shorter, when men died in large numbers in battle, infant and maternal mortality were higher, and people more commonly died of infections and poisonings. Every fertile womb was needed to be in service every year, and the sexual laws reflect that. Every young maiden needs to get married at the age of fertility, she must not withhold sex, they must not use the rhythm method, masturbate, or have gay sex, nobody gets a divorce, no rhythm method or early withdrawal, and when technology made it feasible, they were never to have elective sterilization, use birth control, or get abortions. It shouldn't be hard to understand why none of that is relevant today, and to continue to criminalize abortion and persecute homosexuals is irrational, hateful, and destructive.
Therefore, you have confirmed that you are a Libertine. I Am Christian Ultra Extreme Conservative and on the Totally Opposite Spectrum to you.

How Liberal are you? Among the Greatest of the Christian Liberals Practising the Inverted Cross are Marquis de Sade, Sabbatean-Frankist and Aleister Crowley.

I wrote, "Temporal Christianity is your term and means nothing to me. It's all just Christianity to me if there is a belief in the Abrahamic god, sin, sacrifice and resurrection of a demigod called Jesus, and salvation." So they have doctrinal differences. Why should that matter to me?

Which of those, by the way, were the ones that weren't what you call temporal Christians, which you say are the same as humanists? I would have assumed all of them were so-called temporal Christians, in which case you group them all together just as I do.
It should matter to you because Ignorance can put you in the Grave. Some Christians are Serial Killers while other Christians Rape and Kill Children. These are the Inverted Cross Practitioners.

This is the fruitage of the Catholic church - Jordan Maxwell

No, I said that Temporal Christianity is the Same as Humanism at the Fundamental level. Yes, the 2.2 Billion Temporal Christians are the Same at the Fundamental Level, although have Differences at the Temporal Level.

No, because they place irrational and destructive restrictions on the liberties of anybody it can according to meaningless moral imperatives.
You have confirmed again that you are Libertine. What is Freedom to one person is Slavery to another. Have you heard that saying?

Why do think I should? Why would that matter to me? These things that concern you are irrelevant to an unbeliever unless he's a student of comparative religion.
Do Realise that you are a Satanist Opposing the Belief in Elohim/God? Heathen Atheism is the Religion of the Satan/Devil. Look what happened to the Heathen Atheist Madalyn Murray O'Hair. Madalyn Murray O'Hair, her Son and Granddaughter was Murdered by a Fellow Heathen Atheists.

Madalyn Murray O'Hair Faceoff

Most Hated Woman in America | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix

Last edited:

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Deuteronomy 19:21 And thine eye shall not pity; but life shall go for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

I'm on the Christian Ultra Extreme Conservative Spectrum Fully Supporting the Death Penalty for Murder. I Fully Support the Death Penalty for Pedophiles.
Many have evolved past that. I said that I don't object to the death penalty in principle, but not for that reason.
How Liberal are you?
I'm a humanist,
It should matter to you because Ignorance can put you in the Grave. Some Christians are Serial Killers while other Christians Rape and Kill Children. These are the Inverted Cross Practitioners.
I'm not seeing a danger there for me. I pretty much avoid all openly religious people already.
What is Freedom to one person is Slavery to another. Have you heard that saying?
No, nor is it meaningful to me. My worldview supports maximal social and economic opportunity for the greatest number of people. That gives me the freedom to be a humanist and you the freedom to restrict your options (but not mine).
Do Realise that you are a Satanist Opposing the Belief in Elohim/God?
Your religion is for you. It doesn't apply to me. You need to worry about Satan. I don't. You need to worry about not offending your imagined deity, but I don't. Atheism liberates one from the chains of religious bondage. I'm an autonomous moral agent and a free citizen. I submit to no religion and respect no commandments said to be from gods.
Heathen Atheism is the Religion of the Satan/Devil.
Once again, that's for YOU to worry about, not me. I've liberated myself from that kind of thinking.
Look what happened to the Heathen Atheist Madalyn Murray O'Hair. Madalyn Murray O'Hair, her Son and Granddaughter was Murdered by a Fellow Heathen Atheists.
Why should that matter to me? Are you suggesting that I'm next?

Look at what happened to the Christians as Jonestown and Waco. Are you concerned for yourself? Probably not.

Elihoenai

I'm not seeing a danger there for me. I pretty much avoid all openly religious people already.
We have got to the Root of the matter.

Evidently you Hate Religious people and cannot learn anything from them. You have consistently Affirmed that All Religious People are the Same. Therefore, why are you, @It Aint Necessarily So, on a Religious Forum communicating with Religious people? What is your purpose for being on a Religious Forum? Are you trying to Convert Religious People to Heathen Atheism?

Last edited:

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Evidently you Hate Religious people and cannot learn anything from them.
I don't care what religious people have to say about religion. I don't care what they believe by faith. You are correct that they have nothing to teach me. I learn from them by observing how they process information. I learn about their religions' effect on them by observing them. But their conclusions based in a god belief have no direct value to me.
You have consistently Affirmed that All Religious People are the Same.
No, I haven't. Some are just like me except they call themselves Christian. They're educated critical thinkers and except for their god belief, empiricists. They share my most or all of my values, methods, and agenda.
Therefore, why are you, @It Aint Necessarily So, on a Religious Forum communicating with Religious people?
I enjoy it. Also, I don't consider it a forum for religious people. I'm not religious, and here I am having a ball.
Are you trying to Convert Religious People to Heathen Atheism?
No. That would be a fool's errand analogous to you trying to convert me to Christianity, and also cruel if I succeeded. I would like to teach you some rules about capitalization, however. Every capitalized word in your post except the first words of sentences is unnecessarily capitalized. Even "Religious Forum" shouldn't be capitalized the way you used it.

Elihoenai

by the way Quaker's are not a denomination of Christians. A quaker might be in various religions: vedic, abrahamic, pagan etc.
Yes, Quakers are Certainly Christians. Where are you getting the idea that they are not?

Quakers

Quakers are people who belong to the Religious Society of Friends, a historically Protestant Christian set of denominations. Members of these movements ("the Friends") are generally united by a belief in each human's ability to experience the light within or "answering that of God in every one".[2] Some profess a priesthood of all believers inspired by the First Epistle of Peter.[3][4][5][6] They include those with evangelical, holiness, liberal, and traditional Quaker understandings of Christianity. There are also Nontheist Quakers, whose spiritual practice does not rely on the existence of God. To differing extents, the Friends avoid creeds and hierarchical structures.[7] In 2017, there were an estimated 377,557 adult Quakers, 49% of them in Africa.

Do you agree that the Nazis and KKK are Christians?

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, Quakers are Certainly Christians. Where are you getting the idea that they are not?
Its from the two different official Quaker meetings I attended. There were many non Christians and no requirement to be baptized or to take communion. There were also other religions there. It was a society of friends which in reality avoided creeds.

Quakers are people who belong to the Religious Society of Friends, a historically Protestant Christian set of
"Historically Protestant" but no longer. It became a more free group. Some quaker meetings are Christian though Quakers are a broader collection.

They do not call themselves Christians but friends.

Do you agree that the Nazis and KKK are Christians?
I have little knowledge of them.

Elihoenai

Its from the two different official Quaker meetings I attended. There were many non Christians and no requirement to be baptized or to take communion. There were also other religions there. It was a society of friends which in reality avoided creeds.

"Historically Protestant" but no longer. It became a more free group. Some quaker meetings are Christian though Quakers are a broader collection.

They do not call themselves Christians but friends.
Do you agree that Baptism and Taking Communion defines your Christian Identity?

Are Quakers Christian? Hear the answer from the horses mouth.

Are Quakers Christian?

What do Quakers believe about Jesus?

"When George Fox, the first Quaker, had his spiritual awakening in the 1640s, he rejected much of what he saw as institutional corruption within the Church of England and other Christian denominations, but he did not reject Christianity entirely, nor did his fellow Friends. They saw what they were doing as taking Christianity back to its source. (Another famous early Quaker, William Penn, even called one of his books Primitive Christianity.)..."

Are Quakers Christian?

Quote from Video:
"...You gotta stop trying to put Elohim/God in a box. It's just a Crazy thing to do. If we were able to put Elohim/God in a box he/she/it would not be Elohim/God anymore..."

If you read my posts you will find that I'm taking Elohim/God out of the boxes that people have put Elohim/God in.

I have little knowledge of them.
The Nazis and KKK are Christianity Identity Groups. Anyone want to challenge this?

Christian Identity

Christian Identity (also known as Identity Christianity)[1] is an interpretation of Christianity which advocates the belief that only Celtic and Germanic peoples, such as the Anglo-Saxon, Nordic nations, or Aryan people and people of kindred blood, are the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and are therefore the descendants of the ancient Israelites.

Last edited: