• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You can’t proof God does not exist

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
You should have taken your own advise and quit while you were behind.
I am not the man whining about 'revenge gang bangs' just because he got pulled up for being aggro. Just quit the aggro ok, smile - shake your head and remember that this is a friendly place. :)

OK, if you won't stop talking to me, will you at least stop talking about me?

I've got nothing to say to you that I haven't already said.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Back to the OP.

As I can see it disproving God is simply unnecessary. It is no more necessary to disbelief than disproving leprechauns is necessary to disbelieve in leprechauns.

Any evidence for a God could be challenged, whether a God exists or not is about challenging the evidence FOR God, not trying to imagine how an absence can be proven.

Blastcat

That is NOT what I was saying. I said that it is about faith, not proof. And you may as well know that I hate the word "indoctrination". I did not enter my faith by any kind of indoctrination. I have faith that God exists. Just because I can't and won't try and prove it to you (or anyone else) doesn't mean that I am wrong about anything. I have my own "proofs" for myself alone. Lastly, no person can convert another person. Each person who comes to faith, has to do it alone.

I am sorry you hate a word. However, we know about religious indoctrination and how it works. I am not necessarily saying that you are a victim, but that religious indoctrination is a real phenomenon.

We can't discount a real phenomenon when we want to talk about real events.

So, you can't prove that what you have faith in is real?
Then why believe it?

You wont even TRY to prove to yourself that your beliefs are real?
That's stunningly closed minded.

People think that when I ask them how they can prove their beliefs to THEMSELVES that I mean they must somehow, prove it to ME.
But I don't need people to prove something TO ME... unless, of course, they WANT TO make me believe something.

IF you want others to believe you, you must present some kind of proof that it's at least TRUE. I don't go around believing in falsehoods.

If you JUST want to convince yourself.. then any method will do, I suppose.
But I would demand of myself the BEST kind of proof available for MY beliefs. I care that my beliefs are true.
So, it would be VERY important to me that I use the best method available, and the MOST critical thinking I could muster.

I would NEVER consider NOT BOTHERING to check for the truth of my beliefs.
That's a sure way to be wrong about them.