• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You can't have perfect knowledge through science

atanu

Premium Member
No? How does a user at all relate to a self?

User comes after self. The awareness is "I am user".

In every model "I" is the substratum. Only in shunyata -- object less existence there is no creation of "I". But then the "I" awareness is the very property of existence. You or me have not created it. It is given.

To assert reality of any object, including one's body-mind, or any mathematical or scientific concept. an "I" is first required. So, "I" is not negated. "I" is asserted by your assertions.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Thinking is only absent in deep sleep. Identify a 'you' there.
In sleep you are thinking your just not able to recall it when you wake up because sleep physically cuts off your conscious awareness(at least it's supposed to otherwise you might go sleep walking sleep talk or other possible hazards).

atanu

Premium Member
In sleep you are thinking your just not able to recall it when you wake up because sleep physically cuts off your conscious awareness(at least it's supposed to otherwise you might go sleep walking sleep talk or other possible hazards).

So, kindly say this in your deep sleep.

Photonic

Ad astra!
But he had experience of objectless shunyata. From that vantage point the individual self is automatically negated, but unborn reality is not.

Buddha himself said that anyone can reach that point by shedding the individual.