• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You do not have to prove to me.

MatthewA

For many years i was of the belief that i had to prove to others that i was worth something, or that my belief was worth listening to.
As soon someone wanted to prove to me their worth or belief, i was like "well, no that is wrong, because i belive this" and i would do my best to prove everything i did and said was the only truth :facepalm: Boy was i wrong.

Hello CT

At this point in my own life; whatever someone believes that may fall in line with subjectivity it is fine; even with objective truth.

Sometimes may share with what I believe but if they do not believe it is okay, but still desire to at least live in the truth ( that has to deal with Christianity, or Christian Philosophy ) - though people may disagree with me or whatever ; everyone has to make the choice for themselves. ( No condemnation here to anyone for your own choices from me myself )

It is also for me to also make myself clear to the individual as well it is possible for me to be wrong; though when it comes to trying to changing definitions; or actual factual statements it is hard to break away from trying to be correct because of a defined definition.

Though guess it is considered to be humility when you place yourself lower than someone else, and allow them to have their piece and say. Leaving in love rather than mean hate or disdain.

( I will still never be perfect (fleshly sinless - though they do die off through progression of faith in the Christian Philosophy) and not everyone will like me or love me for that matter as well )

Being around people from different background and belief is maybe the most valuable lesson i could ever learn.
So, no :) You do not have to prove to me that what you believe is better or your self worth is better than mine.
Be who you are, share what you want and maybe you meet someone who listen to you for years to come :)

Agree with you here.

Question: What has happen to humans that we believe being "right" is the most important thing we must protect? How about listening to others?

Is it not more to learn from listening than to demand that you are the only one who is right :confused:

Humility. Sometimes you can present your case of what is the truth of the matter ; and it will just be ignored or be a second hand thought later on maybe.

Humility would be the answer. ~ Though also not allowing your own self to be swayed from the truth (Especially in regards to Christian Philosophy because there are objective, and subjective truths though also many differing views from other followers of Jesus Christ)

Which is fine if someone might believe differently when comes to those things.