• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You say that there is a god...

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Hmm.

Hmmm.

Well, thanks for that.

I have the impression your central thesis might be more clearly (hence more usefully) expressed in terms of crowd psychology, more specific causes / sources, and more clearly identified behavioural phenomena whose presence or absence will allow yes / no answers ─ rather than by adopting theological language, which in this context I find more obfuscating than revealing.

But those things, of course, are matters for you.

Yes, I agree. And FWIW, that science was produced by people who were informed by and involved in these ideas which I am sharing. The problem with limiting it to conventional crowd psychology is, doing that excludes some rather powerful motivating influences which are outliers to that model. And one of those outliers is what produces atheism, and the militants who are drawn to religious debates.

But! It also produces science deniers. So, there's benefit for folks to learn and understand how this thing works. It's not all about bashing atheists. I'm literally sharing useful information that can do a lot of good.

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes, I agree. And FWIW, that science was produced by people who were informed by and involved in these ideas which I am sharing.
Sorry, what science in particular are you referring to?
The problem with limiting it to conventional crowd psychology is, doing that excludes some rather powerful motivating influences which are outliers to that model.
What are specific examples of those influences?
And one of those outliers is what produces atheism, and the militants who are drawn to religious debates.
Interesting claim, of course.

But what does 'atheism' mean in a context of the psychological phenomena you allude to rather than views regarding theology?

Again, grateful if you can talk me through a nice clear example.
But! It also produces science deniers.
There's that "it" again, that I'm having trouble getting my head around.

A nice clear example of how that works would also be helpful,

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש

Interesting claim, of course.

But what does 'atheism' mean in a context of the psychological phenomena you allude to rather than views regarding theology?

Again, grateful if you can talk me through a nice clear example.

There's that "it" again, that I'm having trouble getting my head around.

A nice clear example of how that works would also be helpful,

I am a bit busy this evening. And I promised to reply to another person in another thread.

There is whole world outside of group dynamics of course. Here's an extreme example of an individual who is possesed with a void.

Maybe this will give you bit of an idea where my head is at?

"Lack of willingness to rehabilitate" + "Paradoxical thinking" + "No remorse"

The person literally cannot consider that they are wrong. And contradictions in their thinking are completely ignored. What's happening with someone who is identifying as an atheist is they are lifting up these as ideals. But are unaware that they are doing it. When it is lifted up as an ideal it becomes a god.

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am a bit busy this evening. And I promised to reply to another person in another thread.

There is whole world outside of group dynamics of course. Here's an extreme example of an individual who is possesed with a void.

Maybe this will give you bit of an idea where my head is at?

"Lack of willingness to rehabilitate" + "Paradoxical thinking" + "No remorse"

The person literally cannot consider that they are wrong. And contradictions in their thinking are completely ignored. What's happening with someone who is identifying as an atheist is they are lifting up these as ideals. But are unaware that they are doing it. When it is lifted up as an ideal it becomes a god.

Criminology meets psychology/psychiatry ─ yes, that seems reasonably straightforward.

I simply don't see where it intersects with theology.

In the example you mention, for instance, the religion of those attacked represents their alienness ─ their "hateability" if you like ─ as perceived by their attacker in his particular mental condition (essentially paranoia), rather than any particular content of their actual beliefs, no?

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I don't see any where that I objected to those words. What you quoted was not me objecting to that. I didn't even quote those words. My objection is to how that interpretation an understanding is produced.
Okay, great. I'm just pointing out what I was referring to.
No. I said it was horrible to project their own thoughts and experiences onto the other person. Instead of trying to understand what they are saying using the individuals context.

This is what I quoted prevously which very clearly describes that projection onto the individual is a horrible clinical practice.

Rick Reinkraut

EdD, Harvard University
CAGS, Harvard University
PhD, University of Connecticut
MA, University of Connecticut
BA, Rutgers College

To understand another, in a contextually meaningful way, is a challenge to one's capacity for
empathic resonance and a decentering from one's own embeddedness in the service of
stepping into another's shoes with the goal of increasingly greater affective and conceptual
understanding of the experience of another. Chi-Ying Chung and Bemak (2002) commented,
in this regard, that ".... therapeutic empathy must take into account the cultural context so
that the same problem presented in two distinct cultures would warrant different, culturally
specific responses" (p. 156). The way experience is experienced is dependent upon the
culture that bounds and inspires the reality tales that inform and form the framing of what is
involved and expected in being a person. Christopher (1996) discussed what he calls 'moral
visions'. He maintained that we are each embedded in moral visions.

This leads to the recognition that we each find ourselves in relation to hermeneutic circles
which deepen and expand in varied realms of meaning and understanding. How I regard an
event at 20 years old versus how I regard it at 60 will in no small measure be affected by the
way in which that event is placed in a narrative context that reflects my view of experience
from a particular vantage point. The relationship of the part to the whole reflects the
emergent dialectic of the hermeneutic circle of my life. In this way we each are continuous
with the person whom we have been and will become. That continuity, however, is not
necessarily reflected in a sameness in the way events are regarded and given meaning at
varied temporal points in one's life journey.

A challenge for a therapist is achieving a receptivity in relation to the client that diminishes
the assumptions made about the client and increases the curiosity one has for the client:
assume nothing, be curious about everything. This is at once impossible and crucial. It is
impossible because, in addition to our personal lived experiences, we come to the work of
therapy with training experiences that are rooted in research, theory, and practice, each and
all of which lead us to draw conclusions about what helps and what hurts others. It is crucial
because then the client does not become just 'another client' but remains figural as a unique
person. Saying with humility and genuine interest to a client in the initial session "I would
appreciate hearing anything that you are willing to tell me that you believe would be helpful
for me to know" communicates a number of messages. It says that the client owns the
prerogative regarding disclosing information about her or himself. It says that I am interested
in knowing about the client. It says that I want to be helpful. It is an invitation extended, not a
demand made.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש

psychology

vain-glory and vendetta (@ppp, that second one was for you)

Criminology meets psychology/psychiatry ─ yes, that seems reasonably straightforward.

I simply don't see where it intersects with theology.

In the example you mention, for instance, the religion of those attacked represents their alienness ─ their "hateability" if you like ─ as perceived by their attacker in his particular mental condition (essentially paranoia), rather than any particular content of their actual beliefs, no?

Yes. Their alienness. Which is produced by the attacker's rigid self-identity. Almost all conflict is produced this way. Both inter-personal and inner-turmoil. The solution is to encouage flexibilty, but... there's a catch. Being too rigid about flexibility produces the same problems in reverse. If a person is ignorant of this and is unaware of how extremes produce paradoxes, they will fall into the same trap they were trying to avoid.

Chopping wood looks so easy, but if a person is not aware, the axe head is aimed and traveling directly at the femoral artery. As the great and terrible rock god Roger Waters wrote in their scripture, "careful with that axe, eugene." Which is ironic and proves my point. In Roger Water's pursuit against bigotry, they became a bigot themself. Roger Waters is a raging anti-semite.

Theology is nothing more than a model for understanding the forces that create destroy and inspire in this crazy place that we share. A place which I affectionatley call, "here-and-now". Theos-ology. Theos = god. A god is anything with the power to create destroy and inspire. Theology is not science, but it is its great-great-great-great-grandparent. The difference is, theology is a model for understanding. Science is collecting knowledge. Science is relatively young. Arguably beginning in the 1600s. Theology began the minute that neurology developed to the point of recognizing potential for self-harm and realized it could avoid it. Possibly the very beginning was the impulse to feed itself realizing ( for lack of a better word ) that not feeding would result in self-termination. This would be the birth of the god named "void", "consumption", possibly the first god that was ever conceived. The "first-born" of all the gods.

Theology is specifically useful in resolving conflicts, both inter-personal and inner-turmoil, because it has been around since the dawn of consciousness. Ignoring that people are animals, people have been observing patterns of conflict, peace-making, cooperation, symbiotic, and predatory relationships for millenia. These patterns have been passed down as collected wisdom in story, song, and written word for thousands of years prior to the development of modern psychology. Because psychology is a science it is rigid in what it does and does not include in its scope. Although it is slightly less rigid in that it permits some abstraction. Theology has no limitations. All that matters is, "does it work" "does the model produce accurate predictions, and useful solutions to problems".

What I'm describing is a problem solving technique that is well knowing in computer science, but perhaps others may not be aware of. It's "black boxing", or the black box method. It is extemely powerful for rapidly solving very complex problems or rapidly learning new information. For those who, maybe, pay attention to my debates. They'll realize that I assimilate new information and adapt very quickly. This is because I am a religious person who knows how to "black box". But religious people and the prophets have been black boxing for, like I said, millenia. This technique will be inaccessible for some types of people. Very rare. But if they are hyper-literal, and very rigid thinkers, they will not be able to black-box. Generally when it comes to religious themes and ideas which have been produced by black-boxing, it is not a lack of capability which is the obstacle to understanding them, but a lack of desire, or anti-religious bigotry.

The primary benefit from a modern perspective of using a theological model for understanding human behavior comes from the paradox of lifting up "knowledge" as an ideal. There is a natural paradox, like the one I introduced earlier with "rigid-flexibiliy". When a person idolizes knowledge, then they compromise their ability to learn and grow and adapt. When a "god" model is employed it black-boxes the concept, in this case the power to create destory and inspire in an individual's life, into something which is accepted to be unknownable intellectually. This cultivates a level of respect and awe similar to the respect and awe a person should have for a cleaver in the kitchen. "Careful with that axe...". These things, these ideas, these concepts, these feelings, that people have are far more dangerous, and powerful, than people give them credit for. And in the extreme, a boon can become a bane in the blink of an eye. And even the axiom "everything in moderation" can become extreme, and flip, if it itself is not moderated.

For the atheist, they are devoted in a religious way to a rigid self-identity. When they ask for evidence of god(s), they are asking to be converted, they are saying "prove to me I'm an atheist". And then, when they recieve that proof, they either deny it, or they are hurt by it, because it is perceived as anti-athiest bigotry. The challenge originates from the atheist, but there is no correct way to respond to it other than ignore them, ignore them all. Honestly, the staff, maybe, should consider whether atheists shoul dbe permitted to even ask questions like they do, because they ARE asking for a conversion. That's against the rules of the forum and is irritating to the atheists who are here and do not want read some kind of spiel attacking their chosen identity.

This is of course unrealistic. But I think you understand my point. And as I said before, I cannot be rigid about my flexibility. There is a time and a place to take a stand. In this specific case of "does atheism exist? do they have a god? are they making god claims unknowingly?" The answer is, the atheist needs to be more flexible with their self-identity and just acknowlege that they are just as religiously devoted to their ideal. And that ideal is no different than any other pagan god. It's not a cartoon version of a god. It's not cupid, or athena with a physical body. But very few pagans that I know, actually perceive their gods that way. They have a much more mature god-concept than the atheist will permit in their narrow dogmatic beliefs.

The reason I say that they should be more flexible is because ,I think you and I agree, I hope, that in general the desired goal is peace, cooperation, inclusion, teamwork, mutual understanding, and mutual respect. Simple example between you and me: we argue about scripture what it says and what it means. Why? Why should we argue. Both of us agree on the most important points. Rape, Slavery, Genocide are all wrong. I happen to be flexible in my approach to scripture. You are rigid. If I become like you, then become rigid. Nothing is accomplished that way. All we do is argue more. About what? It's meaningless. However, if you become flexible, then the arguing stops. No more conflict.

It's exactly the same with atheist vs. theist. If the atheist is flexible then 90% of the needless conflict around here ceases. We can all have a higher level of discourse together. Or... perhaps people want to argue, want to fight and they gain something personally from it. Personally. Selfishly. It's interesting to note, the founder, Rex, appears to me to be somewhat satanic. If you go back and read their very early posts. This person is embracing something "other". Not necessarily bad. And the last time I checked their profile, I think the religious ID was "I'll never tell." Yup. Checked it. it's "I won't tell." People don't realize how satanism works, just like they don't understand how gods work.

They enjoy, forgive me, f-ing, with people's minds, even their own minds. They love double-meanings and word play. Starting up a "religious-forum" for "fellow-ship" "god-bless", means something totally different to a satanist, but people would never know because they claim the same words that Christian's use and flip them, re-purpose them, then laugh when Christians show up and meet a crowd of atheists piling on to humiliate and laugh at them. For all we know, this place was created for the intention of creating discord and disharmony and chaos and conflict. And when the founder says "god-bless", oh boy, their god is not the Christian god.

So, I think there's a decision to make. What is the real enemy, if there is one in conflict. The enemy in almost all cases is a rigid mind-set, a rigid self-identity. This is no secret. The axiom "Put yourself in their shoes" is nothing more than "put down that rigid self-identity". That sort of lesson is old wisdom, it's contained in scripture going back, back, back. Belief in gods, acknowledging gods, is beneficial for encouraging this sort of flexibility and humility. A person is never going to release themself from a rigid self identity if they cannot humble themself. If you noticed, the Christ-church shooter is narcisstic. Thats rampant on the forum among the people I have been arguing with n this thread and others. Theology is a great model for addressing all of these sources of conflict and more IF it is applied using the prinicples I described. Flexible, but not rigid-flexible.

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Okay, great. I'm just pointing out what I was referring to.

So we agree, that it's vital for any person to put down their own, shall we say, persona, in order to understand what an individual is communicating? Especially if it is a deeply personal or complex experience?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
psychology

vain-glory and vendetta (@ppp, that second one was for you)
I'm still at a loss to understand where religion ─ theist belief ─ is relevant to any of this.
Yes. Their alienness. Which is produced by the attacker's rigid self-identity. Almost all conflict is produced this way. Both inter-personal and inner-turmoil. The solution is to encouage flexibilty, but... there's a catch. Being too rigid about flexibility produces the same problems in reverse. If a person is ignorant of this and is unaware of how extremes produce paradoxes, they will fall into the same trap they were trying to avoid.
I think the roots of such murderous conduct lie in versions of paranoia and perhaps schizoid disorders, and to the extent they can be treated are matters for psychiatry.

And you appear to agree that the religious element is innocent, at least in the New Zealand example, and the problem is the aggressor's paranoia, and his self-image as a champion of "his group", white, "British", and presently thought of as in charge of his society, but seriously threatened by aliens with unfamiliar religious beliefs and practices ─ none of which is true.

So I'm none the wiser as to where religion comes into it at all.
Theos = god. A god is anything with the power to create destroy and inspire.
It's true in the Abrahamic religions that the One God is said to be "omnipotent", but very few people act as though they think that's true, and those few end up as headlines when they deny their children a blood transfusion or live in seclusion in a commune with a single male leader with many "wives" &c.
Theology is not science, but it is its great-great-great-great-grandparent.
I think the line is much blurrier than that. It was a major step when Thales, "father of philosophy" c. 600 BCE, decided the way to find out what reality is constructed from was by actually examining reality, instead of reading up on the available creation myths and theologies. I've also seen claims that Asian and Indian learning about the natural sciences was hampered by their cultural orientation to supernatural explanations, whereas the renaissance saw a revival of Greek attitudes (which of course resulted in theological neo-Platonism but also included empiricism) in Western thought, and this movement culminates in the Enlightenment and modern science.
Theology began the minute that neurology developed to the point of recognizing potential for self-harm and realized it could avoid it.
That was back probably before even the Cambrian explosion. Evolution has always selected for critters whose automatic responses favored survival and breeding ─ that's what evolution is. It precedes any question of conscious decision-making. If heat causes the right part of your tissues to contract in a manner that moves you further from the fire (more generally the stimulus provokes a response that moves you away from the poison / the direct sunlight / predator X, predator Y &c &c), then you're likely to have more descendants than the ones who didn't.
Theology is specifically useful in resolving conflicts, both inter-personal and inner-turmoil, because it has been around since the dawn of consciousness.
Yeah. The Crusades, the Thirty Years War, September 11 and the invasion of Iraq, that sort of thing, spring to mind ─ quick and easy ways to ease your inner turmoil.

The essentials of theology are imaginary, hence proof against empiricism but with an impressive record in politics
Ignoring that people are animals, people have been observing patterns of conflict, peace-making, cooperation, symbiotic, and predatory relationships for millenia.
That sometimes intersects with religion, but often enough (as I said above) it doesn't. Tribal self-interest is what most frequently generates war, and religion serves as a 'nationalist' tool and tribal identifier, and has done so back to the start of our records.

Theology has no limitations. All that matters is, "does it work" "does the model produce accurate predictions, and useful solutions to problems".
It certainly has no limitations, since it exists in the spaces empiricism can't go ─ just as fiction does.

So, I think there's a decision to make. What is the real enemy, if there is one in conflict.
No, our question for today is, regardless of the problem, what does supernatural belief have to do with anything? Politics, tribal solidarity, sure, good works, here and there, but we're just finishing decades of exposing sexual corruption and predation which has removed most of any residual moral authority that the churches could have claimed.

After all that, forgive me if I continue to find your view of 'theology' incoherent.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I'm still at a loss to understand where religion ─ theist belief ─ is relevant to any of this.

I think the roots of such murderous conduct lie in versions of paranoia and perhaps schizoid disorders, and to the extent they can be treated are matters for psychiatry.

And you appear to agree that the religious element is innocent, at least in the New Zealand example, and the problem is the aggressor's paranoia, and his self-image as a champion of "his group", white, "British", and presently thought of as in charge of his society, but seriously threatened by aliens with unfamiliar religious beliefs and practices ─ none of which is true.

So I'm none the wiser as to where religion comes into it at all.

It's true in the Abrahamic religions that the One God is said to be "omnipotent", but very few people act as though they think that's true, and those few end up as headlines when they deny their children a blood transfusion or live in seclusion in a commune with a single male leader with many "wives" &c.

I think the line is much blurrier than that. It was a major step when Thales, "father of philosophy" c. 600 BCE, decided the way to find out what reality is constructed from was by actually examining reality, instead of reading up on the available creation myths and theologies. I've also seen claims that Asian and Indian learning about the natural sciences was hampered by their cultural orientation to supernatural explanations, whereas the renaissance saw a revival of Greek attitudes (which of course resulted in theological neo-Platonism but also included empiricism) in Western thought, and this movement culminates in the Enlightenment and modern science.

That was back probably before even the Cambrian explosion. Evolution has always selected for critters whose automatic responses favored survival and breeding ─ that's what evolution is. It precedes any question of conscious decision-making. If heat causes the right part of your tissues to contract in a manner that moves you further from the fire (more generally the stimulus provokes a response that moves you away from the poison / the direct sunlight / predator X, predator Y &c &c), then you're likely to have more descendants than the ones who didn't.

Yeah. The Crusades, the Thirty Years War, September 11 and the invasion of Iraq, that sort of thing, spring to mind ─ quick and easy ways to ease your inner turmoil.

The essentials of theology are imaginary, hence proof against empiricism but with an impressive record in politics

That sometimes intersects with religion, but often enough (as I said above) it doesn't. Tribal self-interest is what most frequently generates war, and religion serves as a 'nationalist' tool and tribal identifier, and has done so back to the start of our records.

It certainly has no limitations, since it exists in the spaces empiricism can't go ─ just as fiction does.

No, our question for today is, regardless of the problem, what does supernatural belief have to do with anything? Politics, tribal solidarity, sure, good works, here and there, but we're just finishing decades of exposing sexual corruption and predation which has removed most of any residual moral authority that the churches could have claimed.

After all that, forgive me if I continue to find your view of 'theology' incoherent.

It doesn't appear that you are responding to what I wrote. I explained the connection to theology. But all of that appears to have gone into a void. If that was not what you intended to talk about, then, I suppose you can tell me what you want to talk about and I will reply knowing the context.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It doesn't appear that you are responding to what I wrote. I explained the connection to theology. But all of that appears to have gone into a void. If that was not what you intended to talk about, then, I suppose you can tell me what you want to talk about and I will reply knowing the context.
One last try.

Please tell me in just a single short sentence what connects the Christchurch killer with your view of religion as the repository of wisdom.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@dybmh
wrote:​
Here's an extreme example of an individual who is possesed with a void.

I've given you a fair hearing and you've failed to make any sense of your claim about religion.

But the world will still be here tomorrow ─ knock on wood ─ and may you have a lovely day.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@dybmh
wrote:​
Here's an extreme example of an individual who is possesed with a void.

I've given you a fair hearing and you've failed to make any sense of your claim about religion.

But the world will still be here tomorrow ─ knock on wood ─ and may you have a lovely day.

Thank you, you too. I tried to explain, I think I did a good job. But, it is what it is.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
@Eli G is right.

If the Atheists all ignore everything that challenges them, then the likes become worthless and the conversation is nothing but an echo-chamber. You can already see this happening. And there really isn't anything to discuss with atheism.. Its boring. Its nothing.

The ignore feature at first glance seems like a victory, but it's actually a retreat. The person has muted themself. And it shows they are just on the hunt for a weak victim, but cannot tolerate anything that challenges their postion.
I don't ignore everyone who challenges me. And I've got years and years on this forum to prove it. I love being challenged. I love being exposed to different views and ways of thinking.

The people I ignore, are the ones who are incredibly rude, arrogant and condescending name callers who think they know other people better than they know themselves. There is no good conversation to be had with such people. You know how many people that is? Two. And I just took you off to see if you'd calmed down and started acting like a respectful human, only to be disappointed again.
Have a nice day.

Any intellignt person seeing "woohoo-winner" will be completely unaffected knowing that the person is not actually reading anything. Even the poster who recieves the "woohoo" knows that person doesn't have anything else to contribute. So how valuable is that woohoo? Is there any substance behind it at all. It's just homer simpson seeing a donut. Nothing more.

View attachment 79494
Look in a mirror, dude. You're doing the "woohoo winner" thing all over this thread.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Look in a mirror, dude. You're doing the "woohoo winner" thing all over this thread.

You missed the point. The distinction is, I am reading the words and ideas of the opposing view and choosing to woohoo. Some people don't read, have a proven track record of flushing all opposition into a magical void of their own conjuring.

If a person says to me: "I'm putting you on ignore", then woohoo's someone's post who is arguing with me. That implies they are only reading one side of the argument and consuming whatever agrees with them and cheerleading something in complete ignorance.

knowing that the person is not actually reading anything.

FROM YOUR REPLY:

Screenshot_20230720_114103.jpg

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You missed the point. The distinction is, I am reading the words and ideas of the opposing view and choosing to woohoo. Some people don't read, have a proven track record of flushing all opposition into a magical void of their own conjuring.

If a person says to me: "I'm putting you on ignore", then woohoo's someone's post who is arguing with me. That implies they are only reading one side of the argument and consuming whatever agrees with them and cheerleading something in complete ignorance.

FROM YOUR REPLY:

View attachment 79692
Cool story, bro.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Cool story, bro.
It's true, sis

In the reply you quoted, I made it clear that when a person claims they're ignoring someone, that their woohoo is worthless. I'm not ignoring anyone. You seem to be again, flushing stuff into a void of your own creation, giving you evidence for the things which you deny.

However I will mention, I do scroll past people, if I choose to, but I don't declare I'm putting them on ignore then protrate myself to the person who is arguing for "my-team". That's just weak.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
It's true, sis

In the reply you quoted, I made it clear that when a person claims they're ignoring someone, that their woohoo is worthless. I'm not ignoring anyone. You seem to be again, flushing stuff into a void of your own creation, giving you evidence for the things which you deny.

However I will mention, I do scroll past people, if I choose to, but I don't declare I'm putting them on ignore then protrate myself to the person who is arguing for "my-team". That's just weak.
Oops you cut the important part out of my previous post.
In my opinion, you are not an honest interlocuter. And you're extremely rude and condescending. I refuse to converse with that.
Take care. Go claim victory or whatever.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Oops you cut the important part out of my previous post.
In my opinion, you are not an honest interlocuter. And you're extremely rude and condescending. I refuse to converse with that.
Take care. Go claim victory or whatever.

No... not at all. That wasn't important or relevant. The sequence is important.

@Sgt. Pepper said she was ignoring me. Then she was woohoo'ing in spite of claiming that she wouldn't read what I had to say. Then, I posted my reply comparing that to homer simpson woohoo'ing over donuts.

Later... you said you would be ignoring me. My comment about the donuts was not directed at you. It had nothing to do with you. I noticed your comments about whether or not you read opposing points of view, but it doesn't matter to me. My comment about homer had nothing to do with you. So I ignored that.

Your opinion of me is only meaningful if it is true. Saying I'm dishonest is false. You're either completely biased or unable to see the difference between truth and fiction or both. I think it's both. So, I'm going to disregard all of that.