• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your opinion please about Islam.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Well my point is only that one can do it with Christianity as with Islam. Due to a number of factors, such forms of Islam are currently more prevalent than such forms of Christianity, but to blame Islam wholesale for terrorism while not doing so for Christianity is baseless.

Blaming Islam as a whole?
I've posted here many times that only about 15% if Muslims support or promote or engage in violent jihad.
Sadly 15 % of 2.1 BILLION is a LOT of violent people.

Jihad Report
Sep 10, 2016 -
Sep 16, 2016

Attacks 43
Killed 19
Injured 228
Suicide Blasts6
Countries14

WHAT OTHER RELIGION PROMOTES IT'S DOGMA LIKE THIS??????

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Yeah so?
With an "army" of less than 900 I don't see this as a world wide attack on anything.
That can hardly be compared with terror attacks in the name of Islam.
Just sayin'.........................

It most definitely can be compared because, unless I'm mistaken, you did just that earlier on:

Wonderful post and I agree!:glomp:

Too bad all that follow Islam don't believe as you.
Jihad Report
Sep 10, 2016 -
Sep 16, 2016

Attacks43 Killed191 Injured228 Suicide Blasts6 Countries14

All other religions combined?
ZERO

Don't get me wrong; I agree that Islam is a greater threat, but don't try to whitewash your own religious group. Statements like yours saying there were zero religiously motivated attacks from non-Islamic faiths diminishes & sidelines the suffering the victims of these attacks have suffered. That being said, I don't think that was your intent.

Kirran

Premium Member
Blaming Islam as a whole?
I've posted here many times that only about 15% if Muslims support or promote or engage in violent jihad.
Sadly 15 % of 2.1 BILLION is a LOT of violent people.

Jihad Report
Sep 10, 2016 -
Sep 16, 2016

Attacks 43
Killed 19
Injured 228
Suicide Blasts6
Countries14

WHAT OTHER RELIGION PROMOTES IT'S DOGMA LIKE THIS??????

The blue and green here seem to be quite different messages.

Kirran

Premium Member
hummm?
I didn't do the blue and green.
15% of 2.1 billion IS a lot of violent people.
Yer point was?

I highlighted things in blue and green. If you read the two things you wrote, one of which I then highlighted in blue and the other in green, they are holding quite different messages. One is saying this is only a minority. Another is blaming the whole religion.

Shad

Veteran Member
Islam is not a monolithic religion. I disagree with Saliafism and Wahhabism strongly as forms of Islam. I loathe jihadist brands. I support Sufism more than any other "brand". I strongly disagree with the merger of religion and state within Islam as well as other religions that put forward such a view point. My view of Islam as a part of history, within historical context, varies from a more positive view of the Cordoba Caliphate in comparison to post-Cordoba form of Islam.

Supporting moderates should not be taken as an endorsement of their methods interpretation and/or resolving conflicting view points be it an internal or external influence. At time I will accept the results and ignore the methods I disagree with.

kaoticprofit

Wow!
That is a lot of supporters of violent jihad!

http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy....uslims-shows-thousands-support-shariah-jihad/

World Public Opinion: 83% of Egyptians approve of attacks on American troops.
26% of Indonesians approve of attacks on American troops.
26% of Pakistanis approve of attacks on American troops.
68% of Moroccans approve of attacks on American troops.
90% of Palestinians approve of attacks on American troops.
72% of Jordanians approve of attacks on American troops.
52% of Turks approve of some or most groups that attack Americans

19 million Muslims for jihad…and that’s just in Indonesia

I'm not going to bother copy/paste all the polls are reports.
You can do that for yourself if interested.
A few months after Sept, 11 a survey was done of European Muslims. They were asked if they felt that terrorism was justified. 45% of them said YES!

Ever heard of Daniel Pipes? He's a Mid-East expert. He was considered by Bush 2 to be one of his Mid-East advisers. Laurie Mylroie got the job instead.

In 2006 Daniel pipes was asked how many jihadist there are in the world. He estimated that there were 300 million JIHADIST in the world and 400 million radicals. That's roughly half the Muslim population of the world at that time. A radical is different than a jihadist. Radicals won't strap bombs on themselves or fly planes into buildings, but they logistically support them. I believe Pipes' numbers are high on the jihadist side but low on the radicals side. Surveys show that not long after 911 roughly 45 % of European Muslims, and close to 50 % of Mid-East Muslims believe terror attacks are justified. They should be arrested and jailed on that premise alone. Revelation 9 tells us about suicide bombers and how many jihadist there are in the world when the prophecy passes! 200 million!

Revelation 9:16-17 "And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them."
That would be 200 million.

Revelation 9:16-17 is all about suicide bombers

Verse 17 "And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone:"

"And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name."

http://www.blacksheepprophecies.com/suicide-bombers.html

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Sadly this is promoted by Islam everywhere.
Bull****! I know way more Christians who would drool over the idea of a challenge to recite the Bible or an AK than I've known Muslims who would even think it appropriate to do that with the Quran.

kaoticprofit

You will be hard pressed to find a more strident critic of Islam on ReligiousForums.com than I.

You would be hard pressed to prove that to me.

Again, I urge you to resist relying on sources that are mired in hatred, inaccuracy and distortion.

The sources I provided, mostly from "The Religion of Peace." are accurate and absolutely NOT distorted. I can't help it if truth looks like hatred. The numbers don't lie.

Trust me, if you learn about Islam from authentic Islamic sources you will have more than enough ammo to continue your personal jihad against Islam

I don't trust you. What 'authentic Islamic sources' are you talking about? Islamic web sites! Are you kidding me! Most Islamic sites are deceitful. Most Muslim's don't know the dark side of their religion, and even very little of their history, or they just don't want to admit it!

Many Muslims don't even know that about 15 years after Muhammad started his religion, he only had about 100 followers. Then he started converting by the sword. He and his hordes tried three times to take the city of Mecca and finally did it the third try. After he died, and about 100 years after the religion began, the religion was powerful enough to almost take out all of Europe. Had it not been for Charles Martel who stopped the aggression, Christianity would have been completely blotted out of Europe.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This SOURCE provides the date, country, city, how many killed and injured, and the description of the attack. And you have the nerve to say...

I urge you to resist relying on sources that are mired in hatred, inaccuracy and distortion.

This is what the chart looks like and it DOESN'T LIE!

There are some honor killings on the list, which may not fit the strict definition of a terror attack.
Date Country City Killed Injured Description
2016.09.08 France Boussy-Saint-Antoine 0 1 A Muslim woman stabs a police officer after planting explosives outside a cathedral.
2016.09.07 Belgium Brussels 0 2 A Muslim man attacks two police officers with a knife.
2016.09.04 France Osny 0 2 A Muslim radical stabs two prison guards.
2016.09.03 France Belfort 0 2 Islamists savagely beat a writer and his son over a book about Jihad.
2016.09.02 France Vincennes 0 1 A Muslim radical stabs a police officer.
2016.08.31 Denmark Christiania 0 3 Two cops and a civilian are shot by a Bosnian-born Muslim with ties to ISIS.
2016.08.30 France Toulouse 0 1 A young female police officer is stabbed by a Muslim in a planned attack.
2016.08.27 Germany Oberhausen 0 2 A couple enjoying a picnic are brutally stabbed by a man shouting praises to Allah.

There are about a hundred more here...

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/europe-attacks.aspx

The muhammadans and their hordes of caravans under warlord Genghis Khan...

Fast-forward to 1258, Baghdad’s darkest hour, when Hulagu, grandson of the Mongol warlord Genghis Khan, pounced on the great Abbasid city, the intellectual and cultural capital of the world.

In a letter to Al-Mustasim, who proved to be the last caliph of this glorious 500-year dynasty, Hulagu spelled out his threat unambiguously: “I will not leave a single person alive in your country; I will turn your city, lands and empire into flames.” He was as good as his word. Baghdad was razed to the ground, its great mosques and madrassas, law colleges, marketplaces and libraries consumed by flames. Hulagu claimed he killed 200,000 in the carnage. The Persian historian Rashid al-Din said the true figure was 800,000.

If anything, the invasion in 1401 of the Tatar conqueror Tamerlane, self-styled Sword Arm of Islam, was even worse. After he had put Baghdad to the sword, every soldier was ordered to bring him two heads, which were then piled into 120 towers containing 90,000 skulls.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In other words. Tamerlane and his crew goes into the gated city of Baghdad and cuts the heads off of those who wouldn't convert. Then he would pile the heads outside the city gate as a testimony as to what happens IF YOU DON'T CONVERT.

Here is an article on Daniel Pipes blog written by historian Will Durant...

69 million page views

Islamic conquest of India bloodiest in the history.
in response to reader comment: Why do people convert to Islam?
Ahmed only told the story of initial attack of Arabs on India. The ruthlessness of Muslim invaders continued for a thousand years.

Will Durant, the famous historian summed it up like this:
"The Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex of order and freedom, culture and peace, can at any moment be overthrown by barbarians invading from without or multiplying within."

Koenraad Elst , the German historian writes in "Negation in India"

The Muslim conquests, down to the 16th century, were for the Hindus a pure struggle of life and death. Entire cities were burnt down and the populations massacred, with hundreds of thousands killed in every campaign, and similar numbers deported as slaves. Every new invader made (often literally) his hills of Hindus skulls. Thus, the conquest of Afghanistan in the year 1000 was followed by the annihilation of the Hindu population; the region is still called the Hindu Kush, i.e. Hindu slaughter. The Bahmani sultans (1347-1480) in central India made it a rule to kill 100,000 captives in a single day, and many more on other occasions. The conquest of the Vijayanagar empire in 1564 left the capital plus large areas of Karnataka depopulated. And so on.

As a contribution to research on the quantity of the Islamic crimes against humanity, we may mention that the Indian (subcontinent) population decreased by 80 million between 1000 (conquest of Afghanistan) and 1525 (end of Delhi Sultanate)..

You can read the rest of the article here...

http://www.danielpipes.org/comments/32812

This IS NOT the kind of religion I want in this country!

kaoticprofit

Islam has never been about peace. From the beginning when Muhammad's uncle declared him a prophet, which he is not according to the bible. The Islam religion has always been about submission and killing all those who do not submit to the Islam faith. There is no such thing with the Islam religion to "love thy neighbor", as in the one true religion of Christianity.

The word LOVE is NOT found in the original manuscripts of the Koran. It may have been added to some of the later translations.

I disagree with your conclusion of Christianity, especially about Christians killing people "in the beginning. Christianity does have a poor history of killing also. But wasn't relentless like Islam. Probably some of the first atrocities were committed by Rome for killing people who didn't accept the Trinity. The Crusades,... if it weren't for Rome and a few others stopping the Muslims, the planet would be all Muslim today. That's what they wanted then. That's what they want today. Another who comes to mind who I say was an evil person was John Calvin.

http://www.a-voice.org/tidbits/calvinp.htm

The big difference today is that Christians no longer commit these atrocities. Islam commits them on an hourly basis.

arthra

Baha'i
The word LOVE is NOT found in the original manuscripts of the Koran. It may have been added to some of the later translations.

Let me check on that...

Say, 'If ye would love God then follow me, and God will love you and forgive you your sins, for God is forgiving and merciful.'

(The Qur'an (E.H. Palmer tr), Sura 3:31 - Imran's Family)

96 Lo! those who believe and do good works, the Beneficent will appoint for them love.

(The Qur'an (Pickthall tr), Sura 19 - Mary)

And I endued thee with love from Me that thou mightest be trained according to My will,

(The Qur'an (Pickthall tr), Sura 20 - Ta Ha)

21 And of His signs is this: He created for you helpmeets from yourselves that ye might find rest in them, and He ordained between you love and mercy. Lo! herein indeed are portents for folk who reflect.

(The Qur'an (Pickthall tr), Sura 30 - The Romans)

Hmmm... Lot of "love" there.

kaoticprofit

Let me check on that...

Say, 'If ye would love God then follow me, and God will love you and forgive you your sins, for God is forgiving and merciful.'

(The Qur'an (E.H. Palmer tr), Sura 3:31 - Imran's Family)

96 Lo! those who believe and do good works, the Beneficent will appoint for them love.

(The Qur'an (Pickthall tr), Sura 19 - Mary)

And I endued thee with love from Me that thou mightest be trained according to My will,

(The Qur'an (Pickthall tr), Sura 20 - Ta Ha)

21 And of His signs is this: He created for you helpmeets from yourselves that ye might find rest in them, and He ordained between you love and mercy. Lo! herein indeed are portents for folk who reflect.

(The Qur'an (Pickthall tr), Sura 30 - The Romans)

Arthra,

If I made a mistake, I can admit it. I got that information from a guy I can contact tonight to see where or how he got that information. I don't mind being proven wrong. After all, that's how we learn and correct our mistakes. "From error to error we discover truth." He may have used the Mingana Collection but I'm not sure.
Thanks. I like it when someone shows me different!

What I do see is that 'love' in the verses you mentioned comes from Muhammad or Allah. Is there a verse that says like the bible to "love one another?" What I see in the verse you've quoted is "conditional" love.

You said,

I wouldn't say "lots."
The bible uses the word love 310 times.
God Bless

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Bull****! I know way more Christians who would drool over the idea of a challenge to recite the Bible or an AK than I've known Muslims who would even think it appropriate to do that with the Quran.
How many of the 1.6 billion Muslims do you personally know?
Same question but with Christians.

kaoticprofit

Have you never heard of The Lord's Resistance Army, The National Liberation Front of Tripura, The Covenant, the Sword and the Arm of the Lord, the Army of God and the wider Christian Identity movement? And you clearly need to read up on how the British Empire treated those living in its colonies - especially Native Americans, First Nations & the Aborigines of Australia. Hell, read up on how the U.S. Government treats Natives living on reservations these days.

These are Christian terrorist organisations which sprang up in the last few decades. And yes, Christians invaded Iraq; Dubya became (in)famous for saying "God told me to invade Iraq".

The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord, no longer exist and only had a little over 100 members and were located in Arkansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma. That pales to the religion of Islam which is a global threat of nearly 2 billion people.

National Liberation Front of Tripura, an Indian organization of less than 1,000 people murdered about 1,000 people total since the Front began. That too pales to the WORLDWIDE religion of Islam which is estimated as killing between 250-270 million people since it began.

Lord's Resistance Army, another evil bunch, has been active since 1996 and has since been removed from the list of designated active terrorist groups BY THE U.S. They were noted for abducting youth, operates in northern Uganda, South Sudan, the Central African Republic and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the most evil of the three you listed, murdered about 40,000 people since it began. Since 2000, more than 12,000 former LRA fighters and abductees have left the group which now has about 800 combatants. As the result of the Ugandan military, along with the support by the US, by 2015 it was estimated to have about 200 combatants left.

That too pales to the WORLDWIDE religion of Islam which has nearly 2 billion followers and estimated as killing between 250-270 million people since it began.
The big difference too is that Islam's stated goal is WORLD DOMINATION.

There are several right wing militia groups in the USA which comprise mostly of Republicans and Christians. Their membership reaches only in the hundreds or less. They are directed more towards protection from the government.

You can't compare a sweet and tasty chocolate cover whooper about an inch in circumference, to the bitter belly of of the Koran's 1.7 billion of followers on planet earth which circumference is 1,577,727,360 inches.

Last edited:

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord, no longer exist and only had a little over 100 members and were located in Arkansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma. That pales to the religion of Islam which is a global threat of nearly 2 billion people.

National Liberation Front of Tripura, an Indian organization of less than 1,000 people murdered about 1,000 people total since the Front began. That too pales to the WORLDWIDE religion of Islam which is estimated as killing between 250-270 million people since it began.

Lord's Resistance Army, another evil bunch, has been active since 1996 and has since been removed from the list of designated active terrorist groups BY THE U.S. They were noted for abducting youth, operates in northern Uganda, South Sudan, the Central African Republic and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the most evil of the three you listed, murdered about 40,000 people since it began. Since 2000, more than 12,000 former LRA fighters and abductees have left the group which now has about 800 combatants. As the result of the Ugandan military, along with the support by the US, by 2015 it was estimated to have about 200 combatants left.

That too pales to the WORLDWIDE religion of Islam which has nearly 2 billion followers and estimated as killing between 250-270 million people since it began.
The big difference too is that Islam's stated goal is WORLD DOMINATION.

There are several right wing militia groups in the USA which comprise mostly of Republicans and Christians. Their membership reaches only in the hundreds or less. They are directed more towards protection from the government.

You can't compare a sweet and tasty chocolate cover whooper about an inch in circumference, to the bitter belly of of the Koran's 1.7 billion of followers on planet earth which circumference is 1,577,727,360 inches.

Ah, the sound of goalposts being moved. Your claim is now 'but Christians don't kill as many as Muslims' but your original claim was:

Christians NO LONGER commit these crimes and really haven't for centuries.

The Christian terrorist groups I've mentioned have been active in our lifetimes which shows your claim that Christians don't commit these sorts of atrocities any more is incorrect.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
How many of the 1.6 billion Muslims do you personally know?
I've known at least a couple dozen or so of Muslims, many who are from the Middle East (given that I do work at a university, probably most of the Muslims I've met have been Middle Eastern, and almost all of them were very well behaved and much more polite and courteous than just about any random American student also going to school there).

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I've known at least a couple dozen or so of Muslims, many who are from the Middle East (given that I do work at a university, probably most of the Muslims I've met have been Middle Eastern, and almost all of them were very well behaved and much more polite and courteous than just about any random American student also going to school there).
Lwet us round it up to you knowing 100 Muslims.
Do you really think that that is a valid sample size?

Notanumber

A Free Man
This video shows Islamic scholars teaching young British children in a Muslim faith school in the UK.

A very good reason for the banning of all faith schools and making sure that no extremist teaching can possibly take place anywhere.

Is this Islamophobia?

Last edited: