• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Reason for "God does not Exist".

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
My biggest reason: my mental model of how things work does not include any god, yet it seems to agree quite well with what I observe.

My second-biggest reason:
- people of all sorts of faiths include all sorts of gods in their own mental models, and from what I can gather, they all agree quite well with what they observe as well.
- however, if an input factor (in this case, gods) makes no difference at all in the accuracy of a model, then it can be dismissed as unnecessary.

IOW, I see the fact that most people, regardless of faith, can function equally well in the world speaks against the truth of what any one of them says they believe.

As ever, 9/10ths expresses my thoughts better than I could.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
SOME belive : God Exist
SOME belive : God does not Exist

There are different reasons for different peoples for their "BELIVES"

This Thread is only for those members who belive that "God does not Exist"

Please write one of your most attractive REASON which makes you belive that "GOD does not Exist".

Let there be a collection of different REASONS by different members in this Thread who belive that "GOD does not Exist"

_/\_Chinu.

My reason? The question simply has to come directly from something other than Human origin and influences. If everything pertaining to God originates from what human beings say and do, then there is no reason to regard God as nothing but an extension of human interpretation of which is attempting an explanation for the natural universe.

chinu

chinu
My reason? The question simply has to come directly from something other than Human origin and influences. If everything pertaining to God originates from what human beings say and do, then there is no reason to regard God as nothing but an extension of human interpretation of which is attempting an explanation for the natural universe.

To compleate any formula we need atleast two numbers
Like: 0 x 1 = 0
We cannot compleate any formula with one number
Like: Blank x 1 = What, This does not make any sence or compleate any formula.

Similarly:

To compleate the formula of STILLING THE MIND we need atleast two
Like: God x Mind = GOD (no-mind)
We cannot compleate any formula with one
Like: Blank X Mind = What, This does not make any Attrection or Appeal.

And to Still the "Mind", Attrection & Appeal is necessary, otherwise the formula is senceless, & One cannot solve this weather he/she may try for Endless Time.

So, As a result "God" play the role of Second number to compleate Formula,
So, the true growing faith on "God" is very necessary to reach the state of No-Mind.
Otherwise Stilling mind is IMPOSSIBLE.

All the past spiritual personalities like Jesus, buddh, or muhammed were not mad they always advocated people to devlop thier faith on God or Allah or etc...
Because they know that to become the part of this whole is impossible without this.

God, Lord, Allah, rabb, permeshwar etc..all these play the role of Second number to compleate the formula to become one with the whole or to reach the state of No-Mind.

_/\_Chinu.

paolops181

God rules!
If there is one, why isn't he helping us with all our problems? For instance, giving us a cure for terribly excruciating diseases that inflicts even children?

The question should be, do they give much attention to God? Do they seek for God? Do they love God?
About the children, we should not worry about them if God takes them because they are the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
"Now you will see that I am the one God!
There is no god but me.
I send life and death;
I can hurt, and I can heal.
No one can escape from me." -Deut.32:39

Twilight Hue

Similarly:

To compleate the formula of STILLING THE MIND we need atleast two
Like: God x Mind = GOD (no-mind)
We cannot compleate any formula with one
Like: Blank X Mind = What, This does not make any Attrection or Appeal.

And to Still the "Mind", Attrection & Appeal is necessary, otherwise the formula is senceless, & One cannot solve this weather he/she may try for Endless Time.

So, As a result "God" play the role of Second number to compleate Formula,
So, the true growing faith on "God" is very necessary to reach the state of No-Mind.
Otherwise Stilling mind is IMPOSSIBLE.

All the past spiritual personalities like Jesus, buddh, or muhammed were not mad they always advocated people to devlop thier faith on God or Allah or etc...
Because they know that to become the part of this whole is impossible without this.

God, Lord, Allah, rabb, permeshwar etc..all these play the role of Second number to compleate the formula to become one with the whole or to reach the state of No-Mind.

_/\_Chinu.

Provided There is a determined value attributed. Zero is attributed with zero. An established value. "Blank" is valid as an unknown, and as such there is no value attributed to it.
As y x 1= x. God has no existent value as of yet, so such is not regarded as anything because there is no such determination that can possibly be made one way or another. Being the origin is human the determined value remains human and cannot be exceeded or changed in any fashion. H=H is as complete as it gets.

chinu

chinu
"Blank" is valid as an unknown, and as such there is no value attributed to it.
Because: "I have forgotten the way I originally came from, and don't know where I'm going."-by nowhere man.

So, May be some other times.
Very nice to meet you,
"Namaste"
_/\_Chinu.

Alex_G

Enlightner of the Senses
SOME belive : God Exist
SOME belive : God does not Exist

There are different reasons for different peoples for their "BELIVES"

This Thread is only for those members who belive that "God does not Exist"

Please write one of your most attractive REASON which makes you belive that "GOD does not Exist".

Let there be a collection of different REASONS by different members in this Thread who belive that "GOD does not Exist"

_/\_Chinu.

I think that the most powerful single reason in support of an atheistic viewpoint, it quite literally the complete lack of reliable evidence to favor theism. All arguments arise from the subjective interpretation of things, and do nothing more than shed light on the mind of the individual in question.

Just as a note, i think it can be an error to overuse the term 'belief', and attribute it to both the theistic and atheistic position. There is some serious difference in the nature of each position. In calling them both 'beliefs' it coerces and suggests they are on the same level, such as a comparison between 2 religions. It leads to an insidious effort to undermine atheism, by ill defining it in the first place.

(thats not a dig at you btw, its just a general thought about the often overuse of theistic-flavoured words to describe atheism).

Twilight Hue

Because: "I have forgotten the way I originally came from, and don't know where I'm going."-by nowhere man.

So, May be some other times.
Very nice to meet you,
"Namaste"
_/\_Chinu.

Right. My sig indicates now. N=N :)

Hands Palm to Palm ~&~@

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend AntEmpire,

You missed!!

Friend AntEmpire,
I would disagree. One is apart of the *whole* whether or not one's mind is still.
Have you ever STILLED the MIND?
If yes then what happens, if not the question does not arise.

Love & rgds

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend chinu,

You are missing the point again and again!
I am agreed Zenzero ji, But!

Who is formulating??
What is part of God is not needed to be added it is always added.
Only your mind is creating this separation and so still the mind to find that it is the mind that is creating the veil/maya/parda between the two parts of the whole.

Love & rgds

chinu

chinu
Friend chinu,

You have to experience it yourself to know!

Love & rgds

That is why there is slight difference between us,
That is why i am missing your point again & again, (I know what are you trying to say)
I know you have quiet nice understandings than any other here on this forum,
I have readed all of your posts regarding "MEDITATIONS"

But never think that this is compleate or final, if you doing so, than you are helping your enemy (Mind).
I am saying this because few years later my views were also same like you.

Already am posting everything on the base of some Experiences.

Sorry if any pride word has been used by me.

_/\_Chinu.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Very Good, Very Nice,

I am totally agreed with you, Infact i salute you.

But just thinking that:
Why are you here on the FORUM ? or
For what you are here on the FORUM ? or
For what this FORUM has been made for ?

Can you answer thsese Questions Above ?

_/\_Chinu.

1) On the forum to learn about other religions/people and their beliefs are important
2) On the forum to test theories./idea's I have how workable they are
3) On the forum to promote compromise./Getting people to see each other's views
4) On the forum for entertainment./Sometimes it is just about fun.

0zyzzyz0

Murphy's Law is the TOE.
Beyond "Time"

_/\_Chinu.

In response to AntEmpire's "Defne God" you offer "Beyond "Time"".
In attempting next to define "time" in order to give your definition some sort of relational meaning, it seems you might be exposing "God" as a non entity.

To be fair, you did put "Time" in quotes. I suspect you are implying that you are not prepared to take this line of thought further along that course. [?]

0zy

Twilight Hue

After all You are You,

Very nice to meet you Nowhere man,

Wish you a very happy coming new year in advance.

_/\_Chinu.

Same wishes of happiness. After all, how is "you" expressed any other way in the present moment, even emboldened in way of text? :cool: