• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your saved as soon as you accept jesus.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
This is dogma .. incorrect dogma at that. You won't find all the above in the Bible..

You suggest that Jesus, peace be with him, taught that circumcision was now mutilation, the eating of pigs was no longer 'unclean', the sacrifice of animals (to please God) no longer pleases Him (because Jesus is God), we no longer need to wash regularly etc. etc.

It's corruption .. it's falsehood .. it's wishful thinking, just like those who believe in heaven but not in hell!
Your mere denial means nothing.

As for you saying we no longer need to wash regularly...that proves you have no idea about God's Truth.

dantech

Pretty much what I was getting at, I tried to follow as much of the Bible as was reasonably possible. You probably can't get away with not wearing mixed fabrics in the modern age, you can't stone unruly children, you can't kill witches, but most of the rules and regulations that were reasonable, I took seriously and followed. There are a lot of them in the Bible, which is why I kept asking him to specify what he was talking about. He was desperately trying for a "gotcha" where no matter what I said I obeyed, he would find some other passage that I didn't mention and say "see? This is why you failed!"

It's absurd.
These laws you mention is precisely why the Torah makes no sense to me without the Talmud...

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
These laws you mention is precisely why the Torah makes no sense to me without the Talmud...

No offense, I don't think any of it makes any sense, no matter how you spin it. I was just pointing out the inherent dishonesty of some apologists. They seem to think nobody has seen their shenanigans before when pretty much everyone has.

dantech

No offense, I don't think any of it makes any sense, no matter how you spin it. I was just pointing out the inherent dishonesty of some apologists. They seem to think nobody has seen their shenanigans before when pretty much everyone has.
None taken... faith by definition requires belief in something illogical, I know that... however apart from believing in God (which is based completely on faith), I can assure you that most of the Torah makes quite a lot of sense when combined with the Talmud.

dantech

The last Prophet the Jews had is Jesus.

Makes you wonder don't it?
It's really difficult not to feed your troll posts....

Jesus was in no way, shape, or form a prophet for Jews. In fact, many Jews wonder if Jesus even existed. If he did, and what's reported about him is true in the witnesses' eyes, then we consider him a false prophet. There is nothing to debate here. It's fact.

I never do this, and I don't consider myself an authority on Judaism but I think I can safely represent the vast majority of reform, conservative, and orthodox Jews when I say that Jesus means as much to us as my dirty gym socks do... Absolutely nothing!

Yes

It's really difficult not to feed your troll posts....

Jesus was in no way, shape, or form a prophet for Jews. In fact, many Jews wonder if Jesus even existed. If he did, and what's reported about him is true in the witnesses' eyes, then we consider him a false prophet. There is nothing to debate here. It's fact.

I never do this, and I don't consider myself an authority on Judaism but I think I can safely represent the vast majority of reform, conservative, and orthodox Jews when I say that Jesus means as much to us as my dirty gym socks do... Absolutely nothing!

Through your anger you missed the point. Tell me then, who was the Jews last Prophet from God then, was it the prophet right before Jesus?

Yes

God spoke to the Jews through Prophets. There has not been another Prophet of God sent to speak to the Jews after Malachi.

Jesus was the last Prophet given to the Jews.

dantech

Through your anger you missed the point. Tell me then, who was the Jews last Prophet from God then, was it the prophet right before Jesus?
I'm not wondering anything at all.

Here's a list of Prophets accepted in Judaism.

Madtown

If a person dies never hearing God's Truth, then they are like the ones who have not been given much.

Luke 12:48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

Leviticus 5:17
"If anyone sins and does what is forbidden in any of the LORD's commands, even though they do not know it, they are guilty and will be held responsible.

Not surprised you quote scripture, typical. Biblical scripture is 100% irrelevant, to a human being with no knowledge that the scripture exists in the first place. Is the holy book of a religion you're not acquainted with relevant to you in any way? The bible isn't "God's truth", it's the written creation of human beings. You must doubt the power of God, if you believe he needs human help authoring his word and distributing it equally to all his human creation.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
God spoke to the Jews through Prophets. There has not been another Prophet of God sent to speak to the Jews after Malachi.

Jesus was the last Prophet given to the Jews.

There must always be a middle man, musn't it? Someone we should trust, for some reason.

What prevents God from speaking to everyone and settle the issue once for all?

Ciao

- viole

Yes

I'm not wondering anything at all.

Here's a list of Prophets accepted in Judaism.
The last Prophet the Jews accepted is the one right before Jesus. God has not spoken to the Jews since Jesus.
It should make you wonder.