• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your saved as soon as you accept jesus.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
What teachings did you obey?

Where do you get that means tell me what you believed and followed?

I keep asking you what teachings you're talking about, there are a LOT of teachings in the Bible. This is pointless, it's just going around in circles.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
I keep asking you what teachings you're talking about, there are a LOT of teachings in the Bible. This is pointless, it's just going around in circles.
You are the one who said you obeyed. Why can't you tell us what you did?

dantech

The wheels on the bus go round and round...

I see you've met our new top debater on RF. Give up though, you can't win unless you submit to Jesus. Yes says he spoke to him, so we should believe him. All we have to do is give up all we know and believe, and put our complete faith in Christ. Very reasonable!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You are the one trying to give information about my God and my Holy Book.
You should be ashamed of your religion, which considers the Gods of other religions as devils. Such a religion should have no place in the modern world. Barbaric; no wonder it caused so much bloodshed in the name of its God all around the world.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
The wheels on the bus go round and round...

I see you've met our new top debater on RF. Give up though, you can't win unless you submit to Jesus. Yes says he spoke to him, so we should believe him. All we have to do is give up all we know and believe, and put our complete faith in Christ. Very reasonable!

Oh, I know that, I've run into plenty like him, they're incapable of having an intelligent discussion because they think they're right and everyone else is wrong. There are very few people I put on ignore, he's one I'd seriously consider, simply because I know that he's incapable of rational debate.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
That means you will get understanding after you obey.
It also says that some will never get it because your God has blinded their eyes to his glory and hardened their hearts for no reason at all. Your God is very whimsical, I think not in control of himself.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I am not going to go through the entire Bible, book by book, chapter by chapter, and pick, out which things I believed and which things I didn't.
Hey, there is nothing in Bible that you can afford to disbelieve, it is the Gods word and God inspired. You have to believe the whole of it, otherwise Jesus does not move the mountains. I think if Yes wants, Jesus will move mountains for him, but alas, there is a stipulation in Bible that you should not test your Lord. That sort of short-circuits things before one starts. Can move mountains but does not want you to try it. That sort of proof.

Yes

You should be ashamed of your religion, which considers the Gods of other religions as devils. Such a religion should have no place in the modern world. Barbaric; no wonder it caused so much bloodshed in the name of its God all around the world.

There is a New Covenant. Have you heard about it?

Yes

It also says that some will never get it because your God has blinded their eyes
to his glory and hardened their hearts for no reason at all. Your God is very whimsical, I think not in control of himself.
The Bible says the devil is the god of this world, and that the devil has blinded the minds of unbelievers.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
There is a New Covenant. Have you heard about it?
It was under the new covenant that the world suffered.
The Bible says the devil is the god of this world, and that the devil has blinded the minds of unbelievers.
Why does the God of Bible allows a different God in the world? Is he powerless to do anything about it? Whatever, the fact is that I am yet not healed. I still do not see the glory of God.

Last edited:

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Hey, there is nothing in Bible that you can afford to disbelieve, it is the Gods word and God inspired. You have to believe the whole of it, otherwise Jesus does not move the mountains. I think if Yes wants, Jesus will move mountains for him, but alas, there is a stipulation in Bible that you should not test your Lord. That sort of short-circuits things before one starts. Can move mountains but does not want you to try it. That sort of proof.

Pretty much what I was getting at, I tried to follow as much of the Bible as was reasonably possible. You probably can't get away with not wearing mixed fabrics in the modern age, you can't stone unruly children, you can't kill witches, but most of the rules and regulations that were reasonable, I took seriously and followed. There are a lot of them in the Bible, which is why I kept asking him to specify what he was talking about. He was desperately trying for a "gotcha" where no matter what I said I obeyed, he would find some other passage that I didn't mention and say "see? This is why you failed!"

It's absurd.

Yes

And what that does do to him? Inflates his ego?
Pretty much what I was getting at, I tried to follow as much of the Bible as was reasonably possible. You probably can't get away with not wearing mixed fabrics in the modern age, you can't stone unruly children, you can't kill witches, but most of the rules and regulations that were reasonable, I took seriously and followed. There are a lot of them in the Bible, which is why I kept asking him to specify what he was talking about. He was desperately trying for a "gotcha" where no matter what I said I obeyed, he would find some other passage that I didn't mention and say "see? This is why you failed!"

It's absurd.
You cannot tells us what you did, but you sure told us what you did not do. Glad you did not stone any unruly children and not kill any witches.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
You cannot tells us what you did, but you sure told us what you did not do. Glad you did not stone any unruly children and not kill any witches.

No, I've actually got a moral center, which is more than a lot of religious people have got.

Yes

No, I've actually got a moral center, which is more than a lot of religious people have got.
That has nothing to do with the question. Not only did your comment not have anything to do with the question, it also does not tell us anything about your morals. Being saved is not about all the sins you never did. It is about confessing and repenting the sins you do.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
That has nothing to do with the question. Not only did your comment not have anything to do with the question, it also does not tell us anything about your morals. Being saved is not about all the sins you never did. It is about confessing and repenting the sins you do.

Hey, I'm just pointing out that those evils came out of *YOUR* book, the book that *YOU* take seriously. You act like it's a good thing that I didn't take parts of the book seriously, I'm thinking it's nothing to be proud of that you take any of it seriously.

Yes

Hey, I'm just pointing out that those evils came out of *YOUR* book, the book that *YOU* take seriously. You act like it's a good thing that I didn't take parts of the book seriously, I'm thinking it's nothing to be proud of that you take any of it seriously.

There is a New Covenant. Who told you to find and obey the Old Covenant?

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
There is a New Covenant. Who told you to find and obey the Old Covenant?

Jesus, actually. It seems you don't know your Bible, which is no surprise at all. Matthew 5:17-19, Luke 16:17, Mark.7:9-13, 2 Peter 20-21, John 10:35 and many more. But you seem to only pay attention to the parts you like.