• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your saved as soon as you accept jesus.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
I once read the discussion around sport and competition as a preparation and training ground for wider conflict. It keeps a nation strong and prepared for a war. This could be seen as a myth or is there a mythology being played out to make it all seem attractive.

Maybe if people actually thought rationally and intelligently, they wouldn't need to go to war in the first place?

AllanV

Maybe if people actually thought rationally and intelligently, they wouldn't need to go to war in the first place?

All recorded history shows endless conflict therefore it is not about to change by intelligence or anything that appears rational.

This is what the whole question of Jesus is about.

The first man the son of God Adam brought sin into the world. Jesus overcame by resisting and the new nature was acceptable to God and God energized the Love in that nature.
The new nature has its own mind that is clean and pure and the individual presents perfect and holy.
This nature must be found and it is the nature of Jesus. This will lead to immortality.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
All recorded history shows endless conflict therefore it is not about to change by intelligence or anything that appears rational.

This is what the whole question of Jesus is about.

The first man the son of God Adam brought sin into the world. Jesus overcame by resisting and the new nature was acceptable to God and God energized the Love in that nature.
The new nature has its own mind that is clean and pure and the individual presents perfect and holy.
This nature must be found and it is the nature of Jesus. This will lead to immortality.

So people are stupid and fall for Jesus, got it. That still doesn't answer the question. We don't solve problems by throwing up our hands and pretending that nothing will ever get better. We do it by identifying solutions that might actually work and moving toward those solutions. All you're doing is asserting absurd kumbayah nonsense which, I might point out, has never worked in all of recorded history either.

AllanV

I've met Christians and they do not seem practical so perhaps it is gullible types that follow that line. But mostly it is set up as a social hub for a type who needs that. It can go reasonably deep and there are dangers, in that emotional imbalance is apparent.
They can also show usual nature traits of intolerance, judgmental, pride etc., etc. But anything that shows too strong can cause a decline in attendance therefore any doctrine is watered down.
I have actually given up because it is too difficult in a group with set ideas.

I personally have no ability to stop the next world war or what is going on in the world. In my small circle there is no throwing up the hands but practical solutions are found as every day is worked through.

The next step is acknowledging that there is something wrong in the mind of man and exploring to see if those traits are also inherent but hidden in me. Yes they were found but deeply hidden because of the comfortable easy life that is lead they never revealed themselves.

Jesus overcame by resisting and His nature reveals gentleness and perfection, nothing sinister but a new and living way through and beyond the veil that hides it from most. But all the nasty traits in others will be revealed and their fate is sealed unless they are prepared to change.

Sees

Dragonslayer
You are turning down Jesus who is the Greatest Love. You are turning him down to believe in many different gods. Your gods lived lives just as bad as or worse than the worst of humans My Savior came only to show us the way and die for our sins.

Where do you come up with this stuff?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
There is only One God. The three are One and the same.

If you are interested in knowing if what the Holy Bible says is true, there is a way for you to find out personally.

If you want to know how to do that, just ask me, I would love to tell you how.

I agree that asking you, the Bible, or other apologists, for the truth is a very reliable way to find it.

All I have to do is to invert the logic. When you say something is true, I mark it as false. And the other way round. :)

Ciao

- viole

AllanV

I think it's a process, because there's sure a whole lot of Christians who don't act like Christ.

It is written in scriptures but never followed. It is not understood.

There is a process that is followed daily until a change takes place.

2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

It is a difficult experience to maintain and stay in.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
I agree that asking you, the Bible, or other apologists, for the truth is a very reliable way to find it.

All I have to do is to invert the logic. When you say something is true, I mark it as false. And the other way round. :)

Ciao

- viole
Obey what Jesus says.

Why would you obey Satan to find the truth?

You have capitulated yourself.

Yes

Where do you come up with this stuff?
You are turning down Jesus who is the Greatest Love. You are turning him down to believe in many different gods. Your gods lived lives just as bad as or worse than the worst of humans My Savior came only to show us the way and die for our sins.

Yes

You just can't prove the scriptures are worth anything.
That is a worthless opinion of yours. If you want to speak about the Bible with knowledge, then you are just going to have to do what the Bible says to do to.

Yes

Cephus, if you got yourself a medical book, and gave your opinion about it, but you were not a doctor, and you did not practice any of the teachings in the medical book...why would any doctor want your opinion?

Sees

Dragonslayer

Your scriptures don't mention my Gods. Where do you get the idea that they lived lives just as bad or worse than the worse humans?

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
That is a worthless opinion of yours. If you want to speak about the Bible with knowledge, then you are just going to have to do what the Bible says to do to.

Just like your beliefs about the scriptures are worthless. Knowing what the Bible says means more than just mindlessly following the teachings you like.