• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your saved as soon as you accept jesus.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Do we decide our own actions or is there a program that has trigger points. Are we our own masters or do the thoughts and dreams cause problems. Are there temptations presented and are they strong enough to capture the will.
Things happen by probability and chance. We do whatever seems best at that time according to the rules of our society. Thoughts and dreams do not cause any problem to me but there are people who are affected by them. Temptations, sometimes I avoid them, sometimes I welcome them. Now, how can anyone spurn 'tandoori chicken' or 'adana kebab' or such things?

AllanV

Things happen by probability and chance. We do whatever seems best at that time according to the rules of our society. Thoughts and dreams do not cause any problem to me but there are people who are affected by them. Temptations, sometimes I avoid them, sometimes I welcome them. Now, how can anyone spurn 'tandoori chicken' or 'adana kebab' or such things?

We are ruled by our biology but it goes a bit further and it is to do with the ego and what ever dictates how others are talked to.
The Bible story is about being immortal. This seems impossible but what would the mind be like and how would a person behave and talk. Perhaps this would be true freedom.

AllanV

Joseph Campbell was a big part in my de-conversion. :)
It is good to keep some balance especially when going amongst people with a strong fixed belief system.
Most Christians have never experienced God and do not understand Spirit and how it leads into all truth.
The Church leadership present the wrong doctrine.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
Because of this blinding of the eyes and hardening of the heart I ask who is this God chap and who is this Jesus? I heard there was some trouble maker about 2100 years ago although there is no historical proof. Such trouble makers were dime a dozen in that area at that time and among the followers of that religion (just like the umpteen gurus in Hinduism). Was he born to an unwed girl? Not surprising with all the Roman soldiers roaming around. Jesus is supposed to have claimed to be the son of this God chap'? I have no interest in this God Chap or his ---- son. Why the hell I should follow this Jesus? I am capable of deciding my own action.But God was supposed to be his father. Now you claim otherwise. What is all this humbug? How can I believe someone who mouths whatever comes to his mind. Who else also is God for you? I thought your's was a monotheist religion, but you are a polytheist, when your God clearly demanded that you only worship him and no other. You are not following even the precepts of your own religion! You are a sham. Am I wrong Isa?
There is only One God. The three are One and the same.

If you are interested in knowing if what the Holy Bible says is true, there is a way for you to find out personally.

If you want to know how to do that, just ask me, I would love to tell you how.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
We are ruled by our biology but it goes a bit further and it is to do with the ego and what ever dictates how others are talked to.
I know how was I being talked to by our dear member Yes - 'If you are worshiping other Gods, you are worshiping demons'.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
There is only One God. The three are One and the same. If you are interested in knowing if what the Holy Bible says is true, there is a way for you to find out personally.
Dear Sir, I have already read Bible and Qur'an. There is nothing new that you can tell me. And, please remember, I am a strong atheist. There is no God. Keep your books with you, we have better choices. Ever heard the names of Upanishads and Gita?

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
It is a good program, and he presents his work well, because there are so many points raised. It is a while since it was viewed but from memory it did show the direction the natural man's mind went.
It gave examples to watch for. It applies to everyone not just some who think they are above making mythology.

I am aware, I've read every single thing Joseph Campbell has ever written. He didn't take any of the religious myths he studied seriously. That's all they are, myths.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
The three ways are all the same God.

Ah .. something along the lines of 'three specific ways that He manifests Himself' .. am I getting closer?

The problem I have with that, is that Jesus Himself did not specifically say that there was '3 ways that God comes to us' .. nor did any prophet/saint in the OT specifically say that .. and it tends to undermine the 1st. commandment. I also don't see it as reasonable that Almighty God would 'become' a human being just to 'fool us all' , contrary to logic and reason .. He could of 'been God' before instead of send all those messengers mentioned in the OT, for example..

What's more .. He is the Christ, the Messiah, promised to the Jews .. how could that be G-d???

AllanV

I am aware, I've read every single thing Joseph Campbell has ever written. He didn't take any of the religious myths he studied seriously. That's all they are, myths.
It is a while ago but I only watched his TV series.
It is not just religion it is through sport culture and leaders of governments know the story.
Myths tend to be built around every human endeavor.
But one endeavor I know takes a person through a renewed mind and there is no myth.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
It is a while ago but I only watched his TV series.
It is not just religion it is through sport culture and leaders of governments know the story.
Myths tend to be built around every human endeavor.
But one endeavor I know takes a person through a renewed mind and there is no myth.

I'm not disagreeing with you that it happens, I'm only pointing out that it doesn't make it factually so. There's a myth that says that the kid who played Mikey in those Life cereal commercials ate Pop Rocks and soda and his head exploded but it's still nonsense. Just because some things happen in society doesn't mean that it's a good thing or a factually true thing that it happens.

AllanV

I'm not disagreeing with you that it happens, I'm only pointing out that it doesn't make it factually so. There's a myth that says that the kid who played Mikey in those Life cereal commercials ate Pop Rocks and soda and his head exploded but it's still nonsense. Just because some things happen in society doesn't mean that it's a good thing or a factually true thing that it happens.

It just shows more about how the natural mind works with feelings and emotion, bonding and social groups and where it leads.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
It just shows more about how the natural mind works with feelings and emotion, bonding and social groups and where it leads.

Sure, it leads to people getting shot up, whipped and all kinds of other horrors because one group of people take their mythology far too seriously. I'm not saying there isn't a time and a place for that, but it isn't all the time and it isn't everyplace.

AllanV

Sure, it leads to people getting shot up, whipped and all kinds of other horrors because one group of people take their mythology far too seriously. I'm not saying there isn't a time and a place for that, but it isn't all the time and it isn't everyplace.

I once read the discussion around sport and competition as a preparation and training ground for wider conflict. It keeps a nation strong and prepared for a war. This could be seen as a myth or is there a mythology being played out to make it all seem attractive.